• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just a bit of tongue in cheek bud...

We shall compare and wave around our todgers for the baying crowd very soon I promise, once my 7 month daughter named mauricia finally decides to sleep.

We won’t be mate.
It’s all good.
I just wish people would let it all settle for a week before unpacking their opinions in a way that suggests they wish to somehow “prove” they were “right”?
Good luck with your daughter. 27 and 14. I know the story my friend.

We won’t be mate.
It’s all good.
I just wish people would let it all settle for a week before unpacking their opinions in a way that suggests they wish to somehow “prove” they were “right”?
Good luck with your daughter. 27 and 14. I know the story my friend.

Fair enough.

Really not bothered about somehow being proven ‘right’ though I feel it’s pointless to keep saying it...when in both my long posts I stated quite clearly 1 I hoped to be proved wrong 2 I hope next season again he can prove me wrong.

I wanted to come on here after a positive result Sunday night and tell you all how very wrong and sorry I was. That’s what I truly hand on heart wanted was for everyone on here to be delirious happy after Saturday night.

The point regarding posters on here religiously loving him no matter what was not even made by myself though clearly it was a statement I do agree with...

Fair play you want time to reflect I was just slightly surprised at your aggressive tone towards another poster on here because that was not in keeping with your usual character.

Your passion love and respect for Poch is admirable, and in all honesty something to be liked.

In essence all I wanted was a reasonable discussion about some of my thoughts towards Poch from renowned posters on here like yourself.

Some have been kind enough to address my points so I’m satisfied so all is good.

Last edited:
Fair play you want time to reflect I was just slightly surprised at your aggressive tone towards another poster on here because that was not in keeping with your usual character.

Your passion love and respect for Poch is admirable, and in all honesty something to be liked.

In essence all I wanted was a reasonable discussion about some of my thoughts towards Poch from renowned posters on here like yourself.

Some have been kind enough to address my points so I’m satisfied so all is good.

I think not just us, but Pochettino, deserve the request for time before further judgements.
My initial request was not aggressive at all. I made a request for someone to keep it to themselves for a week.

With regards to a discussion about him, I will happily go there next week. I will say now that only a fool would claim that he is perfect and does not make mistakes, however the man has done incredible things for us, especially this season when he has essentially coaxed yet another top 4 finish and a CL Final out of the the same group of players a the season before except also riddled with World Cup fatigue and having to caravan it around "home" stadia until April.

So when you speak of "kindness", I simply think the "kind" thing to do (all round) is to spend a few days after a CL Final defeat reflecting on all the great things which have happened. There is plenty time for the discussions you and others are suggesting down the road, in my opinion at least.

Why was it right not to strip Lloris of the captaincy after drink driving?

Am I wrong or has poch’s Media work Been exemplary this year?

Has our style of play progressed this season?

Does it really feel right to take a dump on Moura and play Kane in the final?

Do people really believe Poch hasn’t made mistakes this year?

h.

I read your post and in all honesty although i disagree with a lot of it you have not ranted ( like some do) and put your points across well. As i say i disagree with most of it but you are entitled to it, however having made such a post you must have expected that many would disagree and think you are " over the top in some of the points you have made". COYS

1, Personally i do not think a keeper is a good choice to be a capt so i would have taken it off him.

2, I do not have a problem with it at all, i think he is sick to death of answering stupid questions put by the media. I think he said some of these things to wind the media up, sadly to say it seem to have wound up some of our fans as well.

3, No it has not, however the amount of injurys we have suffered has not helped add to that some players not having a proper pre-season and it has a lot to do with that.

4, Here i do agree with you, dropping Moura was ( imo) wrong and playing Kane ( again imo) was wrong.

5, Having been a fan for nearly 60 years i have yet to see any manager who has not made mistakes, everyone makes mistake i dare say you like everyone else has made a couple in your time.

I read your post and in all honesty although i disagree with a lot of it you have not ranted ( like some do) and put your points across well. As i say i disagree with most of it but you are entitled to it, however having made such a post you must have expected that many would disagree and think you are " over the top in some of the points you have made". COYS

1, Personally i do not think a keeper is a good choice to be a capt so i would have taken it off him.

2, I do not have a problem with it at all, i think he is sick to death of answering stupid questions put by the media. I think he said some of these things to wind the media up, sadly to say it seem to have wound up some of our fans as well.

3, No it has not, however the amount of injurys we have suffered has not helped add to that some players not having a proper pre-season and it has a lot to do with that.

4, Here i do agree with you, dropping Moura was ( imo) wrong and playing Kane ( again imo) was wrong.

5, Having been a fan for nearly 60 years i have yet to see any manager who has not made mistakes, everyone makes mistake i dare say you like everyone else has made a couple in your time.

Thanks for this and for answering those questions.

I have tried whilst asserting my views to be respectful, I have also answered all questions put in front of me honestly. I like to think I have remained polite to those Who have reacted to my thoughts in different ways.

I can take some hits parklane, to be honest with you I can’t say it doesn’t rankle with me when people think I am deliberately on a wind up, or that I have an agenda, or I’m trying to be a martyr.

To those that do all I ask is that they consider the following...

If I wanted to genuinely cause a brickstorm on here and go on a wind up I would have used much more aggressive statements ‘Poch is clueless’ ‘we need to sack him he’s a bottle job’ ‘tin pot manager’ so on and so on.

I mean most importantly I genuinely do like the man and respect his work for us, and don’t feel that way at all. I do feel like he can’t take that further step...it’s uncomfortable for sure, uncomfortable for me, and I suspect to some spurs fans who may have secretly had that thought flash through there minds...maybe just maybe at some point.

Like wise if I wanted to come on here for attention, agreements, head nodding and likes then again I would know how to do it! Talk of Poch being the best thing we ever had, succeeding and being on track with the ‘plan’

I mean that horse has bolted and everyone can now see the colour of my knickers draped on the washing line, but hopefully you get the crux of what I’m saying.

I’m not super intelligent but if I wanted to play games on here I’d have a pretty good idea of how to go about it I think.

your post the other day was just as good as this one where you mentioned that difference of opinions keeps this place lively and interesting, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand and downright nasty I agree.

I certainly do make mistakes, what I posted before the Ajax game was honest and passionate but badly timed. I should have waited until after the game so as not to put people on a downer, it’s the reason I waited until my post the other night.

A further mistake was not discussing these thoughts earlier with understanding people such as yourself, I tend to bottle things up and then explode.

What I have said is honestly how I feel, I wanted to be true to myself on here and genuinely engage with people in interesting conversation.

I promise you I have no issues with people like yourself disagreeing with me. I don’t need others on here to turn there opinions towards mine.

I have really enjoyed the three sets of answers thus far as a good barometer against my own thoughts.

Again thanks for this.

Thanks for this and for answering those questions.

I have tried whilst asserting my views to be respectful, I have also answered all questions put in front of me honestly. I like to think I have remained polite to those Who have reacted to my thoughts in different ways.

I can take some hits parklane, to be honest with you I can’t say it doesn’t rankle with me when people think I am deliberately on a wind up, or that I have an agenda, or I’m trying to be a martyr.

To those that do all I ask is that they consider the following...

If I wanted to genuinely cause a brickstorm on here and go on a wind up I would have used much more aggressive statements ‘Poch is clueless’ ‘we need to sack him he’s a bottle job’ ‘tin pot manager’ so on and so on.

I mean most importantly I genuinely do like the man and respect his work for us, and don’t feel that way at all. I do feel like he can’t take that further step...it’s uncomfortable for sure, uncomfortable for me, and I suspect to some spurs fans who may have secretly had that thought flash through there minds...maybe just maybe at some point.

Like wise if I wanted to come on here for attention, agreements, head nodding and likes then again I would know how to do it! Talk of Poch being the best thing we ever had, succeeding and being on track with the ‘plan’

I mean that horse has bolted and everyone can now see the colour of my knickers draped on the washing line, but hopefully you get the crux of what I’m saying.

I’m not super intelligent but if I wanted to play games on here I’d have a pretty good idea of how to go about it I think.

your post the other day was just as good as this one where you mentioned that difference of opinions keeps this place lively and interesting, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand and downright nasty I agree.

I certainly do make mistakes, what I posted before the Ajax game was honest and passionate but badly timed. I should have waited until after the game so as not to put people on a downer, it’s the reason I waited until my post the other night.

A further mistake was not discussing these thoughts earlier with understanding people such as yourself, I tend to bottle things up and then explode.

What I have said is honestly how I feel, I wanted to be true to myself on here and genuinely engage with people in interesting conversation.

I promise you I have no issues with people like yourself disagreeing with me. I don’t need others on here to turn there opinions towards mine.

I have really enjoyed the three sets of answers thus far as a good barometer against my own thoughts.

Again thanks for this.

This is really getting tedious now mate.

How long do these unnecessary internationals go on for? will our lads get a decent break this summer?

No it’s about shouting every one down and being rude when you don’t like their analysis in a match thread

Sigh. Trust me Nigeyman, you won’t ever be shouted down IMO.

I cannot find your initial questions, so will hopefully address a couple of them in the following thoughts on Saturday.

1) I personally would’ve started Lucas as I believe Kane off the bench with 30 to go and the temp some 15 degrees cooler plus a tiring Liverpool would’ve been excellent.

2) We will never know the true game plan because of that horrendous penalty decision which changed everything.

3) I would personally have loved Jan as skipper this season.

4) I personally would’ve gone 3 at the back with 15 to go, removed Tripps, asked Dier to cover that side and left Dele on as he was just starting to click into connective gear IMO.

5) I think Poch will learn from this match. Last season, after Juve, he learned a lot and applied some. Next season he will apply even more. He makes mistakes but critically, he proves that he learns from them.

6) He has managed this season with one arm tied behind his back and people slashing at his hamstrings. THREE “home” stadiums in a season? Inability to move players on? Knowledge that any money spent this season on half-targets fudges us for this summer ( we now have serious money)? IMO he has done extraordinary things.

7) I disagree wholeheartedly with your Burnley whinge. I wish he did more of it. Your continuity club have bred managers who do it week in week out.

8) FWIW Simeone would also be the only choice for me if Poch were to ever leave.

9) When he makes mistakes he does not hide. More importantly, he is allowed to make mistakes IMO. He does some things I disagree with, but his overall track record is amazing.

10) Klopp -an excellent manager IMO and someone I genuinely like from what I see of him- has had serious funds. He also has greater experience. He learned from what, two other CL final losses? He “Mourinho’d” us once he got the gift. I don’t begrudge him that, even though I don’t like it.

I believe that when everything is weighed out, Poch is a wonderful, wonderful manager who has done things for our club that no other manager in football could’ve done. What would Pep have done with no real money? What would Klopp have done without real money? Great managers, yes, but resource rich.

If you believe Chelsea are a model for consistency, then we have different desires when it comes to the “c” word. They are built on filthy oligarch cash, and they have thrown it around with no regard, finally getting busted when even the corrupt fools at Uefa could no longer ignore. Look, if that is something you feel justifies “winning” good luck to you. Not me.

Finally, to return to my initial point a couple of days ago.
I simply said it would be great if people could possibly shut up with all this hindsight stuff for a few days.
That was all.
But apparently, because I didn’t say it in a way which you approved of, you have continued to make snide references.

What a shame.
I remember when we exchanged views harmoniously.
Oh well. We will survive.

I stand by my feeling that conversations about the manager and his relative competence should've respectfully waited for a few days after the final whistle, but understand this is an internet forum and such thoughts are naive.

What a shame.

Here’s to Mauricio Pochettino - hopefully our manager for years to come-continuing to grow and bring us to even greater heights...

...in my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Aren’t tedious discussions part of what this (and every other) football forum is about?

No. They're for discussing opinions, letting the discussions come to natural conclusions and moving on.

Nigel is unable to move on and continues to wind people up, feels very deliberate to me. It was sad at the start, now it's just pathetic.

Last edited:
Back