• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

With Chelsea in mind, the team which played tonight, had far too many first teamers for most of us armchair managers. BUT...maybe just maybe Poch knows how fit these players are, and knows that they will be 100% up for it against Chelsea. And maybe he just wants to keep this team of winners....winning. Which he got right tonight.
I don't know if we will win against a rejuvenated Chelsea. But it should be one heck of a game....and they have a certain Mr H Kane to worry about.

With Chel53a in mind, the team which played tonight, had far too many first teamers for most of us armchair managers. BUT...maybe just maybe Poch knows how fit these players are, and knows that they will be 100% up for it against Chel53a. And maybe he just wants to keep this team of winners....winning. Which he got right tonight.
I don't know if we will win against a rejuvenated Chel53a. But it should be one heck of a game....and they have a certain Mr H Kane to worry about.

The thing to remember is that even if we lose on Sunday, it does not mean that he got it wrong tonight

With Chel53a in mind, the team which played tonight, had far too many first teamers for most of us armchair managers. BUT...maybe just maybe Poch knows how fit these players are, and knows that they will be 100% up for it against Chel53a. And maybe he just wants to keep this team of winners....winning. Which he got right tonight.
I don't know if we will win against a rejuvenated Chel53a. But it should be one heck of a game....and they have a certain Mr H Kane to worry about.

I think Poch has done enough for us to trust his judgment in this. There are no guarantees that a weaker team would have won the game. Now that we have qualification out of the way, that's one less thing to worry about. I would imagine that despite being a bit tired, this team are probably revelling in the good recent results and their confidence will be sky high. This team is professional, hungry, young and determined. Why treat them like anything else?

They'be conceded 1 euro goal in 9 hours at home so to think I weak team would turn up tonight and win is naive.
That was the correct team and approach tonight. Some players short of game time got a start and that means they will be more ready to step in when they need to. Some of the more high tempo players got a rest for Sunday.
You only feel tired when you lose, and that winning feeling becomes addictive and a habit, that's why even when it comes to the Monaco game I still think Poch will put out a strong team.

Paul HaywardVerified account‏@_PaulHayward
Spurs fans will enjoy Gary Neville's Telegraph column on their team and Mauricio Pochettino. Coming later.

He does seem to love Poch does Neville.

He loves progressive managers who work hard

Neville works like a man possessed and i get the impression that is something he looks for in managers and players hence why he is impressed with what currently looks like an outstanding job in a short space of time by Poch

I like Neville and think he talks a lot of sense

He loves progressive managers who work hard

Neville works like a man possessed and i get the impression that is something he looks for in managers and players hence why he is impressed with what currently looks like an outstanding job in a short space of time by Poch

I like Neville and think he talks a lot of sense

Couldnt agree more and the fundamental difference between him and a lot of other pundits like Carragher, Redknapp etc. is that he manages to be impartial or at least seem to be.

Agreed! I think furthermore he is instilling our ability to win lots of matches in a row/not lose them. Instilling a winning mentality. I'll bet he prepped this like a cup final.

Without a doubt, one game at a time and the next one should be the most importent one everytime.

I have always said that the biggest problem for managers are some armchair supporters playing FIFA and the like, they think that because they win on abacus games football in the real world is as easy.

If I was Daniel Levy, in my desk draw I would have a list of head coaches to replace Poch (just in case, not suggesting anything) and right at the top of that list would be Mr Gary Neville.

The guy has the mentality, the willingness to promote English talent, coaching experience and has a no nonsense approach! He is the English Poch!!

If I was Daniel Levy, in my desk draw I would have a list of head coaches to replace Poch (just in case, not suggesting anything) and right at the top of that list would be Mr Gary Neville.

The guy has the mentality, the willingness to promote English talent, coaching experience and has a no nonsense approach! He is the English Poch!!

Nice article, but walking the walk is much harder than talking the talk .. Neville would have to show a lot more in the real world before being an option for us.

Its all right talking a good game ( which he does) but I would want to see him show it by working some where before he comes here.

Back