• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

One with goggles on
Nothing came down our left hand side
Doherty actually changed the attack when he came on and played as a wing back
Doherty came on on our RHS…. Aaron’s was playing on Norwich’s RHS (I.e our LHS).

Tanganga was very poor at RWB for us today but we got a fair amount of joy down down our left.

Looked like a professional football player today.
Playing in his proper role as RWB helped him. He's been playing really well for Ireland in that role for the last couple of years.
He is the player most suited to the role that we have. Hopefully he can get a run of games with performances like today.

Doherty came on on our RHS…. Aaron’s was playing on Norwich’s RHS (I.e our LHS).

Tanganga was very poor at RWB for us today but we got a fair amount of joy down down our left.
I know
He was talking about son and sessegnon who actually didn’t beat Arrons much at all
Everything positive came down out right

Thought he was solid last night. And zipped some excellent low crosses in. Great to see

Yes, but I'm still not sure he's good enough and also not worth wasting a non-HG spot on (ditto with Rodon and Gollini). I'd like to see us sign Johnstone or, even better, Henderson to free up one spot

Thought he did well last night, looked more confident in possession and pulled off a couple of good blocks from his side and clearances from deep crosses from the left - which I think is something we need our wingbacks to work on. If we can block them at source that removes the avenue of attack I think we are most vulnerable to. Emerson on the other hand seems to over commit and is capable of getting sold a dummy, noticed this against Liverpool and also when he came on last night.

Thought he did well last night, looked more confident in possession and pulled off a couple of good blocks from his side and clearances from deep crosses from the left - which I think is something we need our wingbacks to work on. If we can block them at source that removes the avenue of attack I think we are most vulnerable to. Emerson on the other hand seems to over commit and is capable of getting sold a dummy, noticed this against Liverpool and also when he came on last night.
It’s such a frustration when we don’t get a man in to block the crosses earlier

Yes he had a pretty good game, but one good game doesn't change my opinion of him I'm afraid. Should be doing it on a regular basis

Should’ve scored soon after being subbed on but unlucky that this decision went against him plus when Moura failed to control his chipped through pass. Will be relieved when Sessegnon returns though, as prefer a left footed LWB.

Can’t play thsi system with inverted wing backs
His play was as expected as he is so right footed
I thought Gil would go left and him right when he came on
Was IMO a better option that way as Gil could cut it back better

He had a couple of very poor efforts and cut back and chipped a lofted ball on his right rather than hitting an early low left footed cross that would have played Kane in too. But his ball to Moura was a super pass.

Did so-so. Not great by any stretch, not awful. Just looked like a right footer playing left wing back.

He had a couple of very poor efforts and cut back and chipped a lofted ball on his right rather than hitting an early low left footed cross that would have played Kane in too. But his ball to Moura was a super pass.

Did so-so. Not great by any stretch, not awful. Just looked like a right footer playing left wing back.
Is brick but today was not his fault. He's a right forced to play on the left with the expectant results.

If Sessegnon cannot overcome his injury issues, then perhaps we should re-sign KWP as cover for Regulion and Emerson :D

I thought he done well
Same. He got high up, found space, got on the ball and created things. Thought it was a strange decision from Conte to bring him on instead of moving Davies LB and going to a back 4 but Doherty was fine I thought.

I keep on banging on about it but games like today show why signing Jesus Corona from Porto would be such a clever move…. He is equally comfortable on the right or the left and able to beat his opponent one on one either on the inside or outside on either side. 6 months left on his deal there so would also be easy to get for a reasonable fee.

Back