• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcel Sabitzer

IMO he is an upgrade on both Sissoko and Lo Celso.

I mean more in terms of who he replaces on the pitch.

If it's so we can line up :

Sabitzer Hojberg Ndombele

Then great, if it's so we can line up :

Sissoko Hojberg Sabitzer

Then it's more of the same and won't solve issues with our game. I'm working on the idea that Lo Celso is competing with Ndombele for a starting XI position.

Hopefully he's an upgrade on Sissoko rather than what i fear as a replacement for NDombele/Lo Celso
Why do you fear it’s a replacement for NDombele? He has consistently started when fit, and it appears he is getting fitter - Mourinho has also explained why he is playing him for 60 minutes stating it’s to do with helping him last the season so that doesn’t sound like he wants rid.

As for Lo Celso he is beginning to look like a better version of Lamela and we can’t really afford that, we aren’t a club that has a load of top class midfielders as backups on the bench. So whilst I hope we will persevere with Lo Celso and try and sort out these fitness issues, I wouldn’t be totally against Sabitzer coming in for him as he is at least at the same level as Lo Celso and more reliable fitness wise - well, at least until he comes to us anyway:D....

I mean more in terms of who he replaces on the pitch.

If it's so we can line up :

Sabitzer Hojberg Ndombele

Then great, if it's so we can line up :

Sissoko Hojberg Sabitzer

Then it's more of the same and won't solve issues with our game. I'm working on the idea that Lo Celso is competing with Ndombele for a starting XI position.
It will help if Sabitzer contributes more in terms of goals/assists than Lo Celso or Ndombele.

The issues in our game probably won’t be solved until we change our way of playing IMO. That is more shape than personnel related IMO.

It will help if Sabitzer contributes more in terms of goals/assists than Lo Celso or Ndombele.

The issues in our game probably won’t be solved until we change our way of playing IMO. That is more shape than personnel related IMO.

I think the reason they dont contribute more is that our attacking play is limited due to the way we setup, not enough players in the right areas of the pitch reducing the options for players in possession. Sabitzer in for Ndombele and nothing changes there.

I think the reason they dont contribute more is that our attacking play is limited due to the way we setup, not enough players in the right areas of the pitch reducing the options for players in possession. Sabitzer in for Ndombele and nothing changes there.
Sabitzer for Sissoko and that still doesn’t change it unless it comes with a change in shape and tactics from Jose.

Sabitzer for Sissoko and that still doesn’t change it unless it comes with a change in shape and tactics from Jose.

It would allow us to be more efficient in our own tactics as Sabitzer appears to be several levels above Sissoko on the ball - it won't be enough on it's own to satisfy my own wants for how we play but it may be enough to turn some of these tight games in our favor

It would allow us to be more efficient in our own tactics as Sabitzer appears to be several levels above Sissoko on the ball - it won't be enough on it's own to satisfy my own wants for how we play but it may be enough to turn some of these tight games in our favor
It would make a huge difference
Unless your fears are true and he is played instead of Tanguy or Lo Celso in the 10 role
He could though play right in the front 3 too

Sissoko will go nowhere. He a Jose player.
I’m no convinced he is
I saw the press conference when he said he wasn’t a CM
I saw the documentary when he was stunned at the influence he has on the other players
Doenst mean he will get rid. Wouldn’t make sense and he can do things others can’t, but I don’t think he will be a first 11 player if we can make the right buys

Hopefully he's an upgrade on Sissoko rather than what i fear as a replacement for NDombele/Lo Celso

Given his versatility, he could be a replacement for Sissoko. But I think, if he comes, he's coming to play right wing - the 'Bergwijn' role, with a bit more quality on the ball than Bergwijn has.

Given his versatility, he could be a replacement for Sissoko. But I think, if he comes, he's coming to play right wing - the 'Bergwijn' role, with a bit more quality on the ball than Bergwijn has.

I haven't seen much suggesting he's a wide forward? Though if so a possibility for sure

I haven't seen much suggesting he's a wide forward? Though if so a possibility for sure

He started there, and played there until last season, when he was converted into a hybrid DM/central midfielder. It was the trend in the Bundesliga at the time - in the same short period, Sabitzer, Julian Brandt and Kevin Kampl were all moved from the wing into central midfield. Sabitzer came out of it the best, though.

He can defo play on the wing. That's his 'natural' position, so to speak, although his versatility means he doesn't really have one anymore.

Back