• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur

Wigan played well against Emirates Marketing Project and came away with nothing, then they played well against West Ham and came away with nothing. There seems to be a constant theme here.

I just don't know where Roberto Martinez's side are going to get a win from in their final five games of the season. They have three more home fixtures, although one is against Tottenham, while they face a trip to Arsenal.

They lack ruthlessness in front of goal and I just wonder whether this time they might just slip through that trap door.

Tottenham have the bit between the teeth again after that win against Emirates Marketing Project. They had Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale back in the side - with both scoring.

The pace alone of those two is a huge weapon for Spurs, and to have that threat available in away games massive. Without it, teams can just squeeze up.

Lawro's prediction: Wigan Athletic 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Oh no!

He's only gone and predicted a win for us.

We're doomed - doomed I tell you!

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions

I just KNEW he'd say 2-1 and mention Bale and Defoe being back.

I'm guessing he has QPR to pick up at least a point this week as well.

You'd think once it got to February or so and he realised what a crock of brick his predictions are that he'd start doing QPR to lose every week to try and make himself look better and even up his predictions against the real table.

What a twuntface

You'd think once it got to February or so and he realised what a crock of brick his predictions are that he'd start doing QPR to lose every week to try and make himself look better and even up his predictions against the real table.

What a twuntface

There's something almost noble about Lawro's stubbornness to admit his spectacular failure.

He reminds me of the head if the US Patent Office who resigned in 1900, confidently stating that everything that could possibly be invented had already been done.

Lawro said:
The irony for a side who are renowned for their battling qualities, is that Pulis tried to change the style by signing flair players like Charlie Adam.
:|

Have Liverpool wrapped up the title yet?

Edit: seemingly not

Everton +15, Liverpool +10, Arsenal +15, Saudi Sportswashing Machine +15

QPR +32 :eek:,

I'm no expert, but I'd be disappointed to be so far adrift had these predictions ALL been made pre-season. He, on the other hand, is some kind of expert, paid a monstrous amount for indifferent summations, cr@p commentaries (when allowed), and dreadful predictions.

And I can't wait to hear the views on the Suarez punishment from Alan "take that Neil Lennon" Shearer - aka Pope Alan.

Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

West Brom went to Southampton last week and completely took them apart, and the Saints looked a bit leggy to me.

Tottenham had a bit of a strange game too, with their last-gasp draw at Wigan.

They played like they could create a chance at any minute but in the end they struggled to get a point against a bottom-three team in what should have been a nailed-on win.

I don't think Southampton will sit back and I can see Spurs creating plenty of chances here too, and Andre Villas-Boas will probably chuck Aaron Lennon, Gareth Bale and Jermain Defoe at the Saints.

And, as well as Southampton have done against the leading clubs since Mauricio Pochettino took charge, it is hard to look beyond a Spurs win.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Southampton

Can Spurs make the top four?

"Next week's game with Chelsea is going to be vital for Spurs and their bid to make the Champions League.

"They will be hoping Chelsea get turned over this weekend when they go to Old Trafford to play Manchester United but, whatever happens there, both Chelsea and Tottenham will look at Wednesday and think it is a game they have to win.

"Both teams going for it should make for a great spectacle but Chelsea have something of a hold over Spurs when they go head to head, especially at Stamford Bridge, and I expect that hoodoo to continue."

Lawro's 2012-13 Premier League Predictions & Table

Back