• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Naughton ***official sold to Swansea***

Re: The Official Kyle Naughton Thead

Think we should have asked for more personally but agree, good deal all round.

Good luck Kyle.

Well done Swansea.. No fcuking around. Just pay the dollar.

good luck Kyle.

Bite their hands off? In today's market that isnt an amazing fee, its about right.

He's a decent proven PL standard RB....

I know it is not a very large fee, it is as you say about right. However, I also suspect it is just about the one we'll get. My concerns were towards Kyle Naughton. He, as several other has stated, has been a good servant to the club. He is probably a bit underrated, but I don't think he will ever hold down a regular starting spot with us. He is not flamboyant (or hare-brained) enough to be our right-back Kyle, nor does he score belters like our left-back Danny. He is probably just as decent back defending as both those mentioned, and probably much healthier for fans with heart-problems, but you can't play Steady-Eddie on the backs at Spurs! :)

It is a good deal for Swansea, and it is a good deal for Kyle. And, a decent one for Spurs.

He is a better player then some fans give him credit for, I wish him well if he goes.

Yep! His reputation suffered because he was forced to play at left back. Technically a far superior player to the other Kyle in my book.

Gilazeantoscore...
Yes, he was better than walker IMO when they were young, but walker improved more than him.

He is also very technically proficient and should be able to fit in with Swansea's passing game without a problem.

I think he'll be an excellent acquisition for Swansea, and to be honest I'm a little surprised the whole lower half of the table wasn't interested in him.

For Swansea he'll probably be a more suitable player than Walker would've been. Just not for us.

Walker has great pace and provides width, Naughton is technically decent but can't beat a man and doesn't provide width. We are very well served with Walker and Yedlin now.

Naughton is the better footballer, Walker the better athlete. They really should have been merged into one player.

Carroll being mooted at 5 million also. I don't rate him as much as some on here but no way should we let a HG prospect go for as little as that.

good deal for all parties. Naughton really was underrated and overshadowed in his time with us because of Walker but he is really a useful player. I am surprised more clubs were not in for him I would guess he is one of the 10-12 best RB's in the league

He is not flamboyant (or hare-brained) enough to be our right-back Kyle, nor does he score belters like our left-back Danny. He is probably just a decent back defending as both those mentioned, and probably much healthier for fans with heart-problems, but you can't play Steady-Eddie on the backs at Spurs! :)

Why not, we play Davies ;)

He'll come good for the Swans, actually looked a decent defender the more games he got on the right. His final ball in the final third is sooo much better than Walkers too...

In all honesty, I don't think Walker is the answer in our system... He has the physical attributes but not the thought. Rose IMO has actually figured it out and offers a better outlet (IMO).

I hope this means Federicks or at my most optimistic -Walker-Peters! is promoted (although I expect it to be Vlad).

He'll come good for the Swans, actually looked a decent defender the more games he got on the right. His final ball in the final third is sooo much better than Walkers too...

In all honesty, I don't think Walker is the answer in our system... He has the physical attributes but not the thought. Rose IMO has actually figured it out and offers a better outlet (IMO).

I hope this means Federicks or at my most optimistic -Walker-Peters! is promoted (although I expect it to be Vlad).

Walker has only just started playing under Pochettino - we've seen marked improvements in several of our players so far i think this season and i think we could see the same with Walker over the remainder of the season/going in to next.

hes a better defender then walker.
every game walker has a brain fart. plus when walker plays he gets in towsends way

Carroll being mooted at 5 million also. I don't rate him as much as some on here but no way should we let a HG prospect go for as little as that.

Livermore went for £8m, and he was much more established and had played for England.

Re: Kyle Naughton

i'm assuming we have additional fee clauses factored in in case either of them turns out better than we think

Back