• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

Eh. Wasting energy on this signing is pointless - he'll play for a couple of games, and with any luck, not more than that.

Good to have a HG third-choice keeper in, though - and by all accounts he has a decent meteorology, so it's not the worst thing in the world. Just a thoroughly unremarkable signing, which I think both we and Hart himself know.

Don't your first and second lines contradict each other?

Fair enough, as a keeper he isn't very good, but he has a good influence in the dressing room.
I'm presuming we will sell Gazzaniga and use the money for something or someone else. Perhaps a laser shark with laser eyes that shoots lasers at the opposition.

More importantly, Joe Hart should have shaved his head about 2 years ago. I know the Head & Shoulders adverts pay well, but he is a rich man and needs to bite the 'hair thinning' bullet, or get an Eriksen style transplant

More importantly, Joe Hart should have shaved his head about 2 years ago. I know the Head & Shoulders adverts pay well, but he is a rich man and needs to bite the 'hair thinning' bullet, or get an Eriksen style transplant

Seems to have the Jack Nicholson curse/blessing. Balding men who never seem to get any balder.

But in early and in an area of weakness in the squad as we didn’t have work to cover that area having left Vorm go
Isn’t that what people want?!?

He's really crap, though. That's the other side of the equation. :p I mean, compared to other third choice keepers like Lee Grant, Adam Bogdan and Scott Carson, he's about the same level - but it's hardly a noteworthy signing, and one of those filler-types.

Nothing wrong with that as long as he sits in the stands for most of his career here, but it's hard to give a crap about this deal either way - hate or love.

Don't your first and second lines contradict each other?

Do they? In what way?

He's really crap, though. That's the other side of the equation. :p I mean, compared to other third choice keepers like Lee Grant, Adam Bogdan and Scott Carson, he's about the same level - but it's hardly a noteworthy signing, and one of those filler-types.

Nothing wrong with that as long as he sits in the stands for most of his career here, but it's hard to give a crap about this deal either way - hate or love.

Do they? In what way?
He really isn’t as bad as those you mention
He also has a list of medals that may just mean he can talk and inspire other players in the squad and show them a winners mentality
But he also isn’t here to be note worthy, he is here to help the squad

He’s here now so i welcome him. Could be good for the dressing room, experience and maybe tactically if there was a penalty shoot out?
The bigger risk was not to replace Vorm.

He really isn’t as bad as those you mention
He also has a list of medals that may just mean he can talk and inspire other players in the squad and show them a winners meteorology
But he also isn’t here to be note worthy, he is here to help the squad

I question the mental fortitude of a man who crumbled so dramatically once his career took a negative turn, you don't forget how to play football to a good standard as you're approaching your peak years - that's a red flag to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and he was the goalkeeping version of Vincent Kompany whilst at City but i don't see it.

Mourinho won't expect him to come off his line or be a sweeper keeper. We've seen Lloris' form improve with a more conservative role, the same could happen with Hart.

For me, Hart has a major issue with long range shots, especially low ones. It is as though he has developed a depth perception weakness which leaves him seeing them late and/or misreading them. I think that will always be the case. As a reaction keeper? No problems. Yes, no high-line will help him but it is hopefully not a signing which will later be termed as one "showing Mourinho got the support he needed"...

I question the mental fortitude of a man who crumbled so dramatically once his career took a negative turn, you don't forget how to play football to a good standard as you're approaching your peak years - that's a red flag to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and he was the goalkeeping version of Vincent Kompany whilst at City but i don't see it.
It’s not unusual for keepers though
Look at de gea now for example
We have seen plenty of past England keepers crumble after a great high profile error

It's nice to see we've been proactive and addressed a concern in the squad for relatively little allocation of funds. Not getting a replacement for Vorm last season and then realising we needed one after one injury was embarrassingly short sighted and we were lucky he was still available / willing to come back in case.

For me, Hart has a major issue with long range shots, especially low ones. It is as though he has developed a depth perception weakness which leaves him seeing them late and/or misreading them. I think that will always be the case. As a reaction keeper? No problems. Yes, no high-line will help him but it is hopefully not a signing which will later be termed as one "showing Mourinho got the support he needed"...

In isolation, it's hard to see how it could be. But maybe when the window closes and we look at the transfer business as a whole, it'll be part of a picture that clearly shows support for the manager in getting guys in that he definitely wanted.
If we hit September and have the third iteration of N'Jie/N'Koudou suddenly on our books, that'll be a concern.

We have seen plenty of past England keepers crumble after a great high profile error

Yes. the question is whether that mental crumbling (if that is what occurred) can be addressed and lead him to a point of restoration.
Physical degeneration can't always be reversed, relating to age and injury. But issues in the mind can see dramatic changes.

I'd say it is unusual for players that are supposed to have the mentality worthy of influencing others. Seems like a pretty big contradiction to me and a sign of someone being fragile of character.

Bounces up and down in the tunnel when the cameras are on him though

I'd say it is unusual for players that are supposed to have the meteorology worthy of influencing others. Seems like a pretty big contradiction to me and a sign of someone being fragile of character.

Bounces up and down in the tunnel when the cameras are on him though
Maybe it’s a pre requisite of playing for England

Yes. the question is whether that mental crumbling (if that is what occurred) can be addressed and lead him to a point of restoration.
Physical degeneration can't always be reversed, relating to age and injury. But issues in the mind can see dramatic changes.
Maybe that’s the appeal of working for Mourinho
A manager who does seem to thrive on player confidence

From today's Popbitch

>> Hartless <<
Taking his ball home

While filming a package for Children In Need, England goalkeeper Joe Hart was invited to a community centre to surprise some young carers and go in goal for a charity penalty shootout.

However, when one of the kids (a nine year old) started getting a bit mouthy, taunting Joe about the fact he'd been dropped by Emirates Marketing Project and had ended up playing for a brick team instead, the keeper's temper flared up and he booted the kid's ball over the community centre and out of the grounds.

Then he didn't let in a single goal for the rest of the day.

From today's Popbitch

>> Hartless <<
Taking his ball home

While filming a package for Children In Need, England goalkeeper Joe Hart was invited to a community centre to surprise some young carers and go in goal for a charity penalty shootout.

However, when one of the kids (a nine year old) started getting a bit mouthy, taunting Joe about the fact he'd been dropped by Emirates Marketing Project and had ended up playing for a brick team instead, the keeper's temper flared up and he booted the kid's ball over the community centre and out of the grounds.

Then he didn't let in a single goal for the rest of the day.
He just went up in my estimation

Back