• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Total voters
Out
Defoe £6m (from end of Feb)
Livermore £8m
Siggy £9m
Falque £4m
Dawson £6m

Total £33m

In
Davies £9m
Vorm £5m
Dier £4m
Yedlin £2.5
Fazio £9.5m

Total £30m

Currently £3m in the black

I thought we paid £10m for Davies and Vorm combined?

Can't remember that far back - that's just what I wrote down at the time.

wasnt daws 3m?

That was the ITK beforehand, but the broadsheets today have been reporting £6m.

As we aren't a PLC anymore, we'll only ever know the true figures when Swansea and Hull publish their end-of-year financial reports

Out
Livermore £8m
Siggy £9m
Falque £4m
Dawson £6m
Obika £0.5m
Fryers £3m
Sandro £10m

Total £46.5m

In
Davies £9m
Vorm £5m
Dier £4m
Yedlin £2.5
Fazio £9.5m
Stambouli £5m

Total £35m

Currently £11.5m in the black

Out
Livermore £8m
Siggy £9m
Falque £4m
Dawson £6m
Obika £0.5m
Fryers £3m
Sandro £10m

Total £46.5m

In
Davies £9m
Vorm £5m
Dier £4m
Yedlin £2.5
Fazio £9.5m
Stambouli £5m

Total £35m

There are a few question marks about the values of the deals you've got in there GB. The BBC are still reporting £6m for Sandro and I thought that Fazio was £8m. I also think that it is cheating including the Defoe money in this summer's deals when the deal was announced in the January window.

There are a few question marks about the values of the deals you've got in there GB. The BBC are still reporting £6m for Sandro and I thought that Fazio was £8m. I also think that it is cheating including the Defoe money in this summer's deals when the deal was announced in the January window.

Fazio was £8m + 20% tax, so £10m is more accurate.

Sandro seems to be £6m upfront or £10m with add ons.

Why do we fall for this **** every year? A total of fifty four of us thought Levy would spend more than we earned this summer to give Poch a real chance at smashing pre-season expectations. Congratulations to the eight people who got it right.

Why do we fall for this **** every year? A total of fifty four of us thought Levy would spend more than we earned this summer to give Poch a real chance at smashing pre-season expectations. Congratulations to the eight people who got it right.

Its not about spending more for the sake of it. Just because you have £100m in the bank doesnt mean you go hell for leather in spending it.

Im a bit ****ed off but really not because we didnt spend £x amount but because I think we needed one or two who would make the difference in midfield and upfront. Then again who the hell knows what we are thinking, maybe Poch is happy with what we have? Maybe he thinks he has enough in there till we get our main targets in January or next year?

Its not about spending more for the sake of it. Just because you have £100m in the bank doesnt mean you go hell for leather in spending it.

Im a bit ****ed off but really not because we didnt spend £x amount but because I think we needed one or two who would make the difference in midfield and upfront. Then again who the hell knows what we are thinking, maybe Poch is happy with what we have? Maybe he thinks he has enough in there till we get our main targets in January or next year?

I was hoping we would spend what it took to secure those one of two players who would make the difference, which would naturally take us over the break-even point in terms of net spend. But we didn't, and good f*cking luck getting the likes of Schneiderlin and Rodriguez in January - far bigger clubs than us will be circling them then, and there's little chance of Schneiderlin's desire to reunite with Poch burning as fiercely then as it did back in July and over this past month. So we'll have to make do with the manager's second, third, fourth and fifth choice targets, and call that 'backing' instead.

But like I said, stupid and wayyyy too optimistic and naive to expect the mindset of the club to change. So again, congratulations to the people who did realise what kind of financial backing we were really going to offer this summer.

100% box

Levy will no doubt sack Baldini, spouting eating too many meals with buddies.

Last edited:
Out
Livermore £8m
Siggy £9m
Falque £4m
Dawson £6m
Obika £0.5m
Fryers £3m
Sandro £10m

Total £46.5m

In
Davies £9m
Vorm £5m
Dier £4m
Yedlin £2.5
Fazio £9.5m
Stambouli £5m

Total £35m

Take Defoe out, as it's bizarre to have a transfer that wasn't completed in the summer. Add in agent fees and we've pretty much broken even.

Take Defoe out, as it's bizarre to have a transfer that wasn't completed in the summer. Add in agent fees and we've pretty much broken even.

I think it's important to keep Defoe in this one, as coming in late February it wasn't included in January's calculations.

If we're holding ENIC to account over the transfer balance ('where's our money gone'), that £6m credit will be forgotten about if not pinned to this window.

If we are taking into account agent fee's, need to take into account loan fee's for players such as carroll and Holtby :)

I think it's important to keep Defoe in this one, as coming in late February it wasn't included in January's calculations.

If we're holding ENIC to account over the transfer balance ('where's our money gone'), that £6m credit will be forgotten about if not pinned to this window.

I agree with GB (for once! :lol: )

Absolutely.

look at this idiot :lol:

#-o

We'll do it again next summer, though. 'Surely THIS will be the season Levy turns us into real contenders'. Lemmings, I tell you, lemmings. And I'm sure that most of us are intelligent, well-rounded folk in our jobs and lives outside of football, so why we turn into eternally optimistic, blindly trusting slobs every year is still a mystery to me. :p

i still think we would have spent the money required to get our first choice targets, as long as the club thought the price was right. Moreno (Davies) Schneiderlin (Stambouli) Mussachio (Fazio) Rodriguez ( ) - it seemed interest was genuine as in most of those examples we had the players on board for the deals, I just don't think we are prepared to cave in to selling clubs demands if we perceive their valuations to be too high.

maybe we should have bit the bullet and paid what was required, but then when the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and United can all blow us out the water financially would we have just ended up paying 30m more or whatever only to find ourselves still looking up at them?

I doomed aren't i? :lol:

Back