• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Thread

Well done to Arsenal for winning their first trophy in 9 years. You always knew they won't feck up this time. Maybe this will fire us up to win trophies as well. Maybe the next Spurs manager should pin up the photos of Arsenal celebrating in our players training and rest area just to fire up the team next season.

At least with Sky not having rights to show any footage they are having to concentrate this morning on the Scottish cup final today hahahahahaha

i just forced myself to watch the highlights show on itv today. how bad was the referee? he was the most influencial individual in the game in terms of deciding the outcome. technology is a must for me. there are just too many incompetent refs

i just forced myself to watch the highlights show on itv today. how bad was the referee? he was the most influencial individual in the game in terms of deciding the outcome. technology is a must for me. there are just too many incompetent refs

There are good and bad refs but the bottom line is that the game is now too fast for them and they get **** all help from any quarter.
Personally I think they should be all ex pros too its beyond a joke that every other sport has moved on with the times except football.

There are good and bad refs but the bottom line is that the game is now too fast for them and they get **** all help from any quarter.
Personally I think they should be all ex pros too its beyond a joke that every other sport has moved on with the times except football.

the problem i have with (english) referees isn't on the decisions that they make on incidents that happen in a blur. my problem with them is that they do not implement the actual rules/laws of the game. they think they are moral arbiters rather than football referees. the ref yesterday and howard webb are the worst culprits. these guys bottle too many big decisions on the basis that "it would ruin the game" etc.

in general, i do not have much of a problem with refs in the champions league. they get just as many decisions right/wrong as the english refs when its an incident that has occured in a blink of an eye. but champions league refs don't think that its up to them to change the rules of football where they see fit.

Last edited:
the problem i have with (english) referees isn't on the decisions that they make on incidents that happen in a blur. my problem with them is that they do not implement the actual rules/laws of the game. they think they are moral arbiters rather than football referees. the ref yesterday and howard webb are the worst culprits. these guys bottle too many big decisions on the basis that "it would ruin the game" etc.

in general, i do not have much of a problem with refs in the champions league. they get just as many decisions right/wrong as the english refs when its an incident that has occured in a blink of an eye. but champions league refs don't think that its up to them to change the rules of football where they see fit.

That's a fair point. The whole first offence thing annoys me too as does the seeming difference in interpretation of fouls inside and outside the box. But leaving the interpretation part of it aside I think the ref has way too much to do and no help in doing it. His influence on a game is often more than any player on the pitch and that has to be wrong. The game is too much for one man to control now and other sports have realised that while football still cling to the old adage that the refs mistakes are part of the game. What total bollox. The refs mistakes are mistakes, nothing else. The game could be made so much easier for them if anyone in power had the balls to do it.

That's a fair point. The whole first offence thing annoys me too as does the seeming difference in interpretation of fouls inside and outside the box. But leaving the interpretation part of it aside I think the ref has way too much to do and no help in doing it. His influence on a game is often more than any player on the pitch and that has to be wrong. The game is too much for one man to control now and other sports have realised that while football still cling to the old adage that the refs mistakes are part of the game. What total bollox. The refs mistakes are mistakes, nothing else. The game could be made so much easier for them if anyone in power had the balls to do it.

yh i totally agree. its annyoing, because its so simple to correct. and also, deep down, everyone knows technology in officiating football is inevitable, so why not just get on with it now?

@SpursOfficial: On this day: Glenn Hoddle was on target as we beat QPR 1-0 in the FA Cup final replay back in 1982. pic.twitter.com/9jXwBuScFC
BooAL3fCYAAs2gk.jpg:large

[video=youtube;0HqpDr9ECE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqpDr9ECE0[/video]

Some fans get carried away:

Charles Bronson 'smothered himself in butter' and attacked 12 prison guards after Arsenal FA Cup final win

'Britain's most dangerous prisoner' is also a famous Tottenham Hotspur fan

Charles Bronson has described the moment he “lost it” and covered himself in butter before attacking 12 prison officers, because Arsenal won the FA cup.

Bronson, a Tottenham Hotspur fan, said he “had another rumble” at Full Sutton prison in York after Tottenham’s arch rivals beat Hull at Wembley.

The 61-year-old described seeing a vision of Ronnie Kray telling him to let guards “have it” before launching his attack in a letter to the mobster’s ex-wife Kate Kray.

In the letter seen by The Mirror and dated 19 May, Bronson said he smothered himself in Lurpak to make it harder for officers to restrain him.

Bronson wrote: “I’ve had another rumble. This time with a dozen riot mob on the yard!

“Obviously I had my reasons and I’d sooner swallow teeth than my pride. Sadly I came off worst – got smashed up ribs.

"It was sunny! A scorcher! Arsenal was playing Hull. I so wanted Hull to win, coz I’m Spurs.

“I got Lurpak and spread it on thick. Then a small cloud appeared. I swear I see Ron’s face. It was eerie. Go on son, let ’em have it!”

More: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...use-arsenal-beat-hull-at-wembley-9437537.html

Back