• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: Europa League - Draw Monday 1300 CET

This will sound unbelievably arsy so sorry if it comes across that way Paxton but the Ukrainian's prefer to be referred to as Ukraine and not the Ukraine, it's referring back to the USSR days when they were a republic state which they aren't anymore (for the time being at least). Most Americans I've known have called it "the" also and there's just something about the sound of it that winds me up....

f0aec96ee3d386977a5fa35628151524c0c2f7a5c0ef4a06c14b61ceca425e88.jpg

I think Club Brugge seems like the desirable draw in terms of team and travel but we'd find a way to **** it up I'm sure.

Fair point. I stand corrected.

I could live with a rematch v Brugge. That was the first European game we went to, they brought over 50 coachloads to the Lane, great atmosphere, great match too, Berbatov and Keane double-act.
One of my all-time favourite trips to WHL. Roadworks on the North Circular after the match meant we got home at 5am, can still see the missus on the dance-machine at Stafford services at 4 in the morning, hyper on too many Red Bulls. :)

Re: Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

so we will be getting one of:

Olympiakos, Sporting Lisbon, Athletic Bilbao, Zenit St Petersburg, Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo Moscow, Inter Milan, Feyenoord, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Fiorentina, Legia Warsaw

Apart from Zenit and Inter, don't mind us meeting any of the other teams. If we want to win the EL, we need to be prepared to meet the tough teams.

This will sound unbelievably arsy so sorry if it comes across that way Paxton but the Ukrainian's prefer to be referred to as Ukraine and not the Ukraine, it's referring back to the USSR days when they were a republic state which they aren't anymore (for the time being at least). Most Americans I've known have called it "the" also and there's just something about the sound of it that winds me up....

f0aec96ee3d386977a5fa35628151524c0c2f7a5c0ef4a06c14b61ceca425e88.jpg

I think Club Brugge seems like the desirable draw in terms of team and travel but we'd find a way to **** it up I'm sure.

My understanding was that it was used to belittle them

Apart from Zenit and Inter, don't mind us meeting any of the other teams. If we want to win the EL, we need to be prepared to meet the tough teams.

Inter is one of the weaker teams in that group. Even worse than when we last played them. Would be a bit boring perhaps.

Quite looking forward to the draw tomorrow. The only plus side to finishing 2nd on a personal note is if I can get the Thursday and Friday off we can 'double-up' and do the EL match and West Ham matches

Feyenoord is the one I want. What do people reckon the away allocation would be?

Someone remind me - do they do the draw for the last 16 and as well as last 32 tomorrow?

Group

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
Pot 1

Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Besiktas (TUR)
Salzburg (AUT)
Dinamo Moscow (RUS)
Inter (ITA)
Feyenoord (NED)
Everton (ENG)
Napoli (ITA)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR)
Fiorentina (ITA)
Legia Warzawa (POL)
Olympiakos (GRE)
Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS)
Sporting Lisbon (POR)
Athletic Bilbao (ESP)
Pot 2

Villareal (ESP)
Torino (ITA)
Tottenham (ENG)
Celtic (SCO)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Dnipro (UKR)
Sevilla (ESP)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Young Boys (SUI)
Aalborg (DEN)
Guingamp (FRA)
Trabzonspor (TUR)
Liverpool (ENG)
Anderlecht (BEL)
Roma (ITA)
Ajax (NED)
You can't draw the team from your group or one from the same country as yourself.

We have a 25 (ish, depending on permutations) % chance of going to Italy.

Group

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
Pot 1

Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Besiktas (TUR)
Salzburg (AUT)
Dinamo Moscow (RUS)
Inter (ITA)
Feyenoord (NED)
Everton (ENG)
Napoli (ITA)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR)
Fiorentina (ITA)
Legia Warzawa (POL)
Pot 2

Villareal (ESP)
Torino (ITA)
Tottenham (ENG)
Celtic (SCO)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Dnipro (UKR)
Sevilla (ESP)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Young Boys (SUI)
Aalborg (DEN)
Guingamp (FRA)
Trabzonspor (TUR)

You can't draw the team from your group or one from the same country as yourself.

We have a 30 (ish, depending on permutations) % chance of going to Italy.

You've only got 12 in each pot?

Young Boys - Everton
Torino - Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla - Borussia Mönchengladbach

Not sure they're using enough balls really...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Young Boys - Everton
Torino - Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla - Borussia Mönchengladbach
Wolfsburg - Sporting Lisbon
Ajax - Legia Warzawa
Aalborg - Club Brugge

Back