• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Looks like he is primarily a defensive mid, so replacement for Parker who may we leaving instead of a new CB?

IF true of course....

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France
19s

Incredible turn of events Etienne Capoue. The @Pepite92 understands that Toulouse have accepted a €10m plus €2m bonus offer from Tottenham

yessssssssssssss central midfielder number 27816307126371263712687360178637125625 just what we needed. Can't wait, Can't fudging wait.

don't you think an upgrade on Parker is needed?

Not at all. We're doing our usual overkill tactics when it comes to signing central midfielders and it's getting rather boring (especially when we're absolutely fudged in the centre back position)

Probably means Thudd and Parker are off, wages off the books, replaced by one player ... makes sense. However game time may be an issue.

Some posters on this forum think Parker is the second coming of Christ.

No it's just some are not FM addicts and actually think Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro with Parker , Holtby and Sigurdsson covering is more than enough. You can't have numerous 10m plus awesome backs ups, eventually these 'back ups' will get frustrated.

really? wow thought Parker was way off the standard in the second half of the season myself, an upgrade in this position would 'complete' our midfield imv. also he can play CB according to the site Rossi linked to so could possibly do a job until this Romanian fella gets sorted

Capoue, Holtby and Sigurdsson as BACK UPS:ross::ross::ross:

Wait, you just said you think Parker, Sigurdsson (well done on getting his name right this season btw) and Holtby would be "more than enough"

Now you're laughing at Capoue, Holtby and Sigurdsson as back up? So, one can assume you think Capoue is better than Parker, yet are against the signing.

Logic.

542.png

No it's just some are not FM addicts and actually think Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro with Parker , Holtby and Sigurdsson covering is more than enough. You can't have numerous 10m plus awesome backs ups, eventually these 'back ups' will get frustrated.

I agree - you cant have 25 top class players. As long as there is a core of 16 really very fudging exceptional players and the remaining nine are 'adequate' then thats fine.

I think though our squad suffered from lack of quality in there which put a strain on our first team especially playing in both EL and PL. So it does make sense to strengthen.

It seems he can play both defence and defensive midfield so he can be a useful addition in his versatily. I however find that versatile players are just a bit meh as they tend not to have mastered either position. Its a general viewpoint.

really? wow thought Parker was way off the standard in the second half of the season myself, an upgrade in this position would 'complete' our midfield imv. also he can play CB according to the site Rossi linked to so could possibly do a job until this Romanian fella gets sorted

I agree. I liked Parker but he has been poor for a long time now and have absolutely no desire to see him play for Spurs again. He just doesn't bring anything to the table any more in my opinion, and if this chap is anyway decent he'll be an upgrade. Now I'm off the youtube him.

Back