• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I'm absolutely chuffed for Eric, and it just goes to show that a poor system can/will expose weaknesses, and that a good system will prevent those weaknesses to be an issue.
It is still early days, but the signs are good, we may just have got our good Dier back, and hope The Evil One, "He who must not be named", took whatever flaws and confidence-issues he induced with him to Rome. If so, it almost counts as a double centreback-signing!

Bring on the resurgence of Winks and Doherty as well, alongside Dier and Dele, add in a spice of young Gil and a seasoned Son, top it of with a Kane on a vengeance-mission against Pep, and we might just have a squad here..

The future is bright, as always...

How about realistic and perspective?
Some people might be getting a little carried away with their reaction to our decent start to the season. Some people only want to acknowledge the positives. The same thing happened last season and we all saw how that ended.

I have always tried to support Dier on here, he has had terrible luck with illness and injurys and because of that he turned into a hate target for many. I hope he can now shove some of the ( over the top) abuse he got from some supporters and show what a good player he is. Will not hold my breath though.

I still think his best posistion is CM though.

He's partly been more switched on this season, and that's good. But he's also been helped by the system we're playing with Japh as a quasi-CB and Skipp and Hojbjerg in front of him to minimize the amount of front-foot defending he's had to do.

He still has moments where his natural lack of ability shows - that stride into midfield against Wolves, for example, where Neves easily dispossessed him and fed it to Traore who should have scored.

I've been a lot more impressed by Sanchez, who has not only not made many errors, but has also played some stunning long passes I didn't know he had in his locker.

He's partly been more switched on this season, and that's good. But he's also been helped by the system we're playing with Japh as a quasi-CB and Skipp and Hojbjerg in front of him to minimize the amount of front-foot defending he's had to do.

He still has moments where his natural lack of ability shows - that stride into midfield against Wolves, for example, where Neves easily dispossessed him and fed it to Traore who should have scored.

I've been a lot more impressed by Sanchez, who has not only not made many errors, but has also played some stunning long passes I didn't know he had in his locker.
That Wolves one will get highlighted…. Where was the midfield though when he got the ball form their awful pass. That was key. Why abs how did he become most forward player in that position

That Wolves one will get highlighted…. Where was the midfield though when he got the ball form their awful pass. That was key. Why abs how did he become most forward player in that position

If I recall, he brought it out, didn't he? I feel like the midfield isn't to blame if he picks it up and tries dribbling past the half-way line - he might have been able to do that in 2015 when he was younger, slimmer, faster and predominantly playing at RB, but not in 2021 when he has the mobility of a fridge.

Plus, the pass was damn good, as you point out - if I recall, it took out two lines of players and went beyond Sanchez straight to Traore. But it happened because Dier wandered aimlessly past half the team into midfield to get disposessed to begin with.

05DA97E3-160B-48BF-BDEE-A568BA28C937.jpeg 05DA97E3-160B-48BF-BDEE-A568BA28C937.jpeg
If I recall, he brought it out, didn't he? I feel like the midfield isn't to blame if he picks it up and tries dribbling past the half-way line - he might have been able to do that in 2015 when he was younger, slimmer, faster and predominantly playing at RB, but not in 2021 when he has the mobility of a fridge.

Plus, the pass was damn good, as you point out - if I recall, it took out two lines of players and went beyond Sanchez straight to Traore. But it happened because Dier wandered aimlessly past half the team into midfield to get disposessed to begin with.
Nope
They miss hit a pass from the back and it didn’t even get to the halfway line
He ran toward and took a poor first touch in their half which meant he could be tacked easy
He was though at the point the furthest far toward as Hojdjberg and skipp had retreated for this pass which was an error
I’ve posted these photos from the match highlights I’ve nabbed

Last edited:
Back