• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

The blame for the goal for me lies squarely with Sissoko but Dier didn’t cover himself in glory either. Don’t see him as a captain myself. Captains need to be sure fire starters above anything else. Don’t think he’s that level personally. Glad he’s signed a contract but we need better than him, Sanchez etc if we want to get back to challenging for the big trophiesz

Dier is most to blame IMO. Regardless of what mistakes came before, we will have to be able to defend multiple corners for every match, and Dier’s defending for today’s was appalling.

I like the guy, but think lots of people are very premature in thinking he’s anywhere near our best CB.

Dier can’t keep being selected in the first team. I don’t know what Mourinho sees in him, he’s ok as a defensive midfielder, but as a centre back?! He needs replacing,

Interesting how he splits opinion among fans - some posters seem to think he's in our top 5 or 6 players. Just don't understand what he's done in the last 3 years (or 3 months) to deserve that.

Personally think I'm somewhere in the middle - think he has everything to prove at CB after a very mixed few months there, but equally don't completely rule out him reaching a higher level.

Interesting how he splits opinion among fans - some posters seem to think he's in our top 5 or 6 players. Just don't understand what he's done in the last 3 years (or 3 months) to deserve that.

Personally think I'm somewhere in the middle - think he has everything to prove at CB after a very mixed few months there, but equally don't completely rule out him reaching a higher level.
I think the key with Dier is those that blame him constantly for things that aren’t his fault but dint want to dig out others
Same as winks too
They have weaknesses but we don’t know how their being asked to ply for example to judge
We know what we think... but none of us are Jose
People will always defend certain players and kick others, it’s human nature. No one will ever convince me that Aurier is nothing short of a stupid footballer. But I actually think he is quite a likeable character.
It will never change and it provokes a conversation which isn’t a bad thing
I still have to argue with my mate how good Lo Celso is... he is an idiot :p:p

Dier’s positional sense and lack of aerial ability make me question how he can ever be a good centre back. Am I wrong?

He is generally good in the air and in the right place IMO (trying to start an argument ;))
But he does get turned and left for dead easily

I’m never one for starting an argument, even if I make flippant comments when emotional. Maybe I’m still frustrated about the goal at the weekend, I still don’t know how we had two centre backs, one either side of DCL, and yet neither of them made much of an effort.

I don’t think he’s commanding in the air, and he’s not great on the ground, part of that is definitely as you said that he has slow turning circle.

Sanchez is weak in the air too. And likes to foul players when he can’t otherwise get possession. I think we need a new centre back. For what it’d worth, I’d be tempted to have Tanganga start more often when he’s back fit, as think he will be great in to the future.

I’m never one for starting an argument, even if I make flippant comments when emotional. Maybe I’m still frustrated about the goal at the weekend, I still don’t know how we had two centre backs, one either side of DCL, and yet neither of them made much of an effort.

I don’t think he’s commanding in the air, and he’s not great on the ground, part of that is definitely as you said that he has slow turning circle.

Sanchez is weak in the air too. And likes to foul players when he can’t otherwise get possession. I think we need a new centre back. For what it’d worth, I’d be tempted to have Tanganga start more often when he’s back fit, as think he will be great in to the future.
I think it could easily soon be Tanganga and one other new CB
I’m not impressed by any of the old guard if I’m honest. I do however think the work on the new full backs will add hugely to how the CBS play and that’s a good thing.

I think the key with Dier is those that blame him constantly for things that aren’t his fault but dint want to dig out others
Same as winks too
They have weaknesses but we don’t know how their being asked to ply for example to judge
We know what we think... but none of us are Jose
People will always defend certain players and kick others, it’s human nature. No one will ever convince me that Aurier is nothing short of a stupid footballer. But I actually think he is quite a likeable character.
It will never change and it provokes a conversation which isn’t a bad thing
I still have to argue with my mate how good Lo Celso is... he is an idiot :p:p

tickle my balls with a feather, as they say "its all about op inions"

Back