• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Doesn't mean it isn't true. If he was lying, poch would be in his rights to put the record straight.

No but it does mean that he doesn’t have to talk about caveats, conditional signings, whether Poch would have been made to sell selected players. It’s a one sided interview.

No but it does mean that he doesn’t have to talk about caveats, conditional signings, whether Poch would have been made to sell selected players. It’s a one sided interview.

Funny, you don't mention caveats when you bash levy for not signing players.

Reactions: DTA
I think we need to identify the right times to spend. Not spending for three transfer windows probably wasn’t a good idea. Likewise, not spending when we have a chance to achieve real success doesn’t help.
I mean if we had had fresh players in 2018-19 maybe we could have rotated our players, had fresher players and ‘could’ have won the CL. Yes, it’s all ‘ifs and maybes’ but it couldn’t have hurt and those players could have been integrated in to the squad ready for the following season.

We have a top, top manager in charge. We have an opportunity to succeed and still we won’t sign any new players. Seems a weird way to conduct business but maybe that’s just my thinking.

I don't think anyone looks back at those three windows and thinks it was a good time (although there is debate as to why things panned out the way they did) but we can't keep rehashing the past. It happened, we can't change that, but we have spent since, and even then it hasn't all been successful either.
I think it's still a bit too soon to say "still we won’t sign any new players" - there is still time and we know of at least a 3 or 4 negotiations that are seemingly underway for inbounds, plus the attempts to find buyers or loans for Ndombele, Dele and possibly Lo Celso.
We need to get enough business done this month to see us through to the end of season, hopefully finish in that 4th spot or at least be in the mix until the very end, which in turn will make us more attractive to more players in the summer window.
You are right that we have a top manager and we definitely need to support him. But Conte himself has said it is going to take time to fix everything.

I don't think anyone looks back at those three windows and thinks it was a good time (although there is debate as to why things panned out the way they did) but we can't keep rehashing the past. It happened, we can't change that, but we have spent since, and even then it hasn't all been successful either.

Yes it happened, and yes we can’t change it. But it has set the ground for where we are now. It set the ground for the signings that came afterwards. If we turn around and sign game changing players, even if those players aren’t the ones that perhaps each of us would have liked but that arrive and make a difference, then history will judge the club on our business this window and will appreciate what has been achieved. As it is right now, we have failed to conclude any incoming transfers. And so the comments reflect as much.

I think it's still a bit too soon to say "still we won’t sign any new players" - there is still time and we know of at least a 3 or 4 negotiations that are seemingly underway for inbounds, plus the attempts to find buyers or loans for Ndombele, Dele and possibly Lo Celso.
We need to get enough business done this month to see us through to the end of season, hopefully finish in that 4th spot or at least be in the mix until the very end, which in turn will make us more attractive to more players in the summer window.
You are right that we have a top manager and we definitely need to support him. But Conte himself has said it is going to take time to fix everything.
Not only that but he's also said repeatedly that the Jan window is a difficult time to get your primary targets. Which is why this talk of him walking is a bit odd. If he's going to say that and then walks because the deals aren't done, then it would be just a bit weird really.

Not only that but he's also said repeatedly that the Jan window is a difficult time to get your primary targets. Which is why this talk of him walking is a bit odd. If he's going to say that and then walks because the deals aren't done, then it would be just a bit weird really.

He also siad we need to do something. Even if it's not optimal. We need to strengthen the squad.

Doesn't mean i think he'll walk if we don't though. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

but we don't, we are owned by an investment company that expect us to run as a self sustaining business to maintain the value of the asset, which we have been incredible successful at

expecting Lewis to fund purchases is like asking Warren Buffet to fund recruitment at Apple
Slightly different in that Apple is a publicly traded company and Warren Buffet only owns 5% of its equity.
It's more like expecting Warren Buffet to invest in (for example) a FoodTech company that he holds by far the largest portion of equity in, where that FoodTech company is already worth 15 times the amount he originally invested and with an injection of liquidity of a mere 10 to 20% of what he had made on his original investment, the company could complete trials and get FDA approval for their new synthetic protein that could help cure World hunger.

How much investment? Chelsea and city have invested over a £billion each in players to get where they are. Moshiri £500m.
Abramovich has invested £1.5b in Chelsea. Chelsea's valuation according to Forbes is £2.5b. Roman Abramovich is still sitting on a profit of close to £1 billion from his investment in Chelsea FC. Clearly with the way that he has thrown money at Chelsea Abramovich values things other than just money. However he has still been very successful financially through his ownership of Chelsea... Perhaps proof that owner investment can actually increase the asset valuation of a football club and enable equity profit as well as trophy success to be achieved at the same time.

Last edited:
If they were not doing that, they wouldn’t have built the new stadium and training ground.

“Could”, is the key, they won’t take needless risks for low reward.

Looking at the increase in value of the business, they seem to know what they are doing.
They are absolutely brilliant at maximising the value of a business and making themselves richer and richer and richer. Unfortunately making THFC worth more money and winning trophies don't really marry together too well (at least not in the eyes of ENIC anyway).

Last edited:
The flip side of that, is that in windows where we did spend big money on primary targets, Ndombele for example, it was money wasted.

Transfers don’t always improve the team.
It was money wasted because we spent money and then sacked the manager who spent the money to bring in players for his system, only to bring in a new manager with a completely different system that renders the players purchased for the previous manager's system not the right ones for the new manager's system.... and round and round we go.

The only difference with Conte is that it is far likelier that he will walk than be sacked.

It was money wasted because we spent money and then sacked the manager who spent the money to bring in players for his system, only to bring in a new manager with a completely different system that renders the players purchased for the previous manager's system not the right ones for the new manager's system.... and round and round we go.

The only difference with Conte is that it is far likelier that he will walk than be sacked.

Poch takes a lot of the blame though for trying to be too clever and coming up with absurd diamond formation.

Poch takes a lot of the blame though for trying to be too clever and coming up with absurd diamond formation.
It's no more absurd than playing 3 at the back. Pretty much any system can and has worked if you have the correct personnel and coaching. Now whether with Poch we had either of these things is obviously up for debate and we will never know but that was the approach he wanted to go down and I think it's fair to say he had earned some degree of leeway to try and get it right.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
the company could complete trials and get FDA approval for their new synthetic protein that could help cure World hunger.

Hehe. World hunger. I know us Spurs fans are famished. Have not tasted a trophy for years, but is the analogy that profound!?

It is paper money. Levy and Lewis have made a lot of money on paper from Spurs, but is only if someone would buy the club at a crazy valuation. And if you look at clubs that have been sold, it tends to be at far far cheaper prices. Saudi Sportswashing Machine at 300m for example. Fans expect us to spend that a year on signings now. Which causes great discontent. The truth is we've only spent over 50m on a signing once before. Maybe because we live in a nice house now, there's an expectation we spend these kinds of figures every window.

Yeah that’s still a head scratcher to this day. Dele at the apex with Ndombele and Lo Celso behind I assume. You’d need someone of Kante’s ability, a world class holder, to get it to work and we had… Sissoko and Winks.

but we don't, we are owned by an investment company that expect us to run as a self sustaining business to maintain the value of the asset, which we have been incredible successful at

expecting Lewis to fund purchases is like asking Warren Buffet to fund recruitment at Apple

People often compare football clubs to any other business. Not exactly a like for like comparison to a company like Apple but I can see logic in the reasoning. The big difference in football is that most companies listen to their consumers or customers. Football clubs don’t. The people at the top don’t anyway.

I understand why people respect levy and Lewis for the jobs they have done for the first 10-15 years of their tenures, but I am baffled as to why so many are so loyal to them even to this day when we’ve won 1 trophy in over 20 years. It feels like some would be perfectly happy with them in charge for another 50 years even if it brings minimal success in terms of silverware. We all want the club to be well run and economically sound, but isn’t success on the pitch the most important thing? After all, isn’t that why so many on here get so upset when Liverpool win football matches and big trophies? If money was the be all and end all then why don’t we big ourselves up more for smashing them in the money league/net spend league table?

People often compare football clubs to any other business. Not exactly a like for like comparison to a company like Apple but I can see logic in the reasoning. The big difference in football is that most companies listen to their consumers or customers. Football clubs don’t. The people at the top don’t anyway.

I understand why people respect levy and Lewis for the jobs they have done for the first 10-15 years of their tenures, but I am baffled as to why so many are so loyal to them even to this day when we’ve won 1 trophy in over 20 years. It feels like some would be perfectly happy with them in charge for another 50 years even if it brings minimal success in terms of silverware. We all want the club to be well run and economically sound, but isn’t success on the pitch the most important thing? After all, isn’t that why so many on here get so upset when Liverpool win football matches and big trophies? If money was the be all and end all then why don’t we big ourselves up more for smashing them in the money league/net spend league table?
You make reasonable points and we should definitely had at least another couple of pots for our troubles over the last 20 years. However, I feel that the key here is people’s definition of success, particularly on the pitch, differs.

2015-19 was the most fun I’ve had supporting Spurs in my lifetime and we didn’t win a jot. Or be ‘successful’, to use the above yardstick. Call me an old romantic, call me a fool, but I wouldn’t roll the dice and replay those years for anything.

Does that make sense?

Back