• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

He's not much better than Gil, so what's the fudging point of sending Gil on loan and replace him with Kulusevski? And 40m is about 20 too much!

Last edited:
Maybe Kulusevski is a better fit for the PL or how Conte wants to play? Not seen much from Gil to make me think he has a big future.
Gil is better offensively and has a higher ceiling.
Kulusevski much better defensively, and better physical attributes. Will probably be more consistent.

Maybe Kulusevski is a better fit for the PL or how Conte wants to play? Not seen much from Gil to make me think he has a big future.
I was watching Gil keenly in the Conference league games and whilst he showed a few nice touches he gave the ball away quite a bit aswell. Conte has never started him in a league fixture, seems quite obvious he doesn’t think he’s anywhere near ready. Think some of our fans have over exaggerated his performances, he’s shown some flashes but I’m not convinced - he young so wouldn’t write him off, but I would think he is better suited to the Spanish league….

To be fair most Scandinavian players have a very good work ethic, can't think of many that don't. Maybe Zlatan, but he doesn't need to work.

It's in the DNA of football up here. 99% of us are brick technically, so we're told from a young age that the only way to make it as a footballer is to work our socks off every day. it's the reason I stopped playing at 17, I just couldn't be bothered with the frantic running, haha. :p

He looks/sounds like he has the work rate & physicality to take to the PL, which is half the battle it seems with players coming here from abroad - I'm optimistic about this one, unless of course it doesn't happen in which case it'll be a bullet dodged...
Your doing it wrong. If he signs it's Levy shopping from the bottom shelves again. If he doesn't, it was another Levy smoke screen all along.

Gil looks nowhere near ready for PL football for me. A loan will do him good

Agreed. He needs to play regularly, develop and show what he’s capable of. Hopefully he comes back to us a better player ready to start or if not sell him at a decent fee or as a bargaining chip to get a player ready to play at the top level.

He's alright, tbh. I've watched plenty of both him and Bentancur (my opinion on him is in his thread) over the years.

Back when he was at Parma on loan, he was a weirdly dangerous player - the best way I can describe him.

Weirdly dangerous, because he didn't look like he was all that threatening - he had a tendency to stumble over the ball, look a bit ungainly, and struggle to control it in tight spaces. But, at the same time, he had an ability to cut inside from his nominal positions out on the wide-right and play a defence-splitting pass to an onrushing forward, or drop a shoulder and burn past a player with surprising agility.

Allied with his ability to defend, press and win the ball back high up, it made him a uniquely dangerous player for Parma's system, which was *very* based on lightning transitions from back to front with a minimum of passes and buildup.

At Juve, though, all those negatives (ungainliness, struggles with ball control when under pressure/in tight spaces, indecisiveness, etc.) came to the fore, and he never really showed that agility and inventiveness that marked him at Parma.

So, he's a bit of a weird jumble of attributes. I'd say the conditions he'll play in at Spurs are more similar to the ones Juve face than the ones Parma faced - packed defenses, high pressing and a need for intricacy. Which may not be to his benefit.

But at the same time, he's got so many things that make him potentially good in a Conte system - physicality, a hard worker, defending ability, speed over long distances (not acceleration, but pace, I suppose), and the ability to play those dangerous passes into space quickly.

You can see above the reason why I called him weirdly dangerous - those are not typical attributes for a right-winger (where he usually played), or a CAM (which is where I think his best position lies).

Paratici has loved him for a long time - brought him to Juve in a deal many called overpriced, and we are now buying him for more than what Juve paid for him after two disappointing seasons (staggering the payments with this weird loan-to-buy thing Paratici likes). It's clear he sees a lot in him.

But to me, he strikes me as uncannily similar to Alli - he will do well in a system tailored to his strengths, but otherwise, he's a struggle to fit into a side. But I suppose Conte will play him more than Alli, so it's a squad upgrade on the whole.

He's alright, tbh. I've watched plenty of both him and Bentancur (my opinion on him is in his thread) over the years.

Back when he was at Parma on loan, he was a weirdly dangerous player - the best way I can describe him.

Weirdly dangerous, because he didn't look like he was all that threatening - he had a tendency to stumble over the ball, look a bit ungainly, and struggle to control it in tight spaces. But, at the same time, he had an ability to cut inside from his nominal positions out on the wide-right and play a defence-splitting pass to an onrushing forward, or drop a shoulder and burn past a player with surprising agility.

Allied with his ability to defend, press and win the ball back high up, it made him a uniquely dangerous player for Parma's system, which was *very* based on lightning transitions from back to front with a minimum of passes and buildup.

At Juve, though, all those negatives (ungainliness, struggles with ball control when under pressure/in tight spaces, indecisiveness, etc.) came to the fore, and he never really showed that agility and inventiveness that marked him at Parma.

So, he's a bit of a weird jumble of attributes. I'd say the conditions he'll play in at Spurs are more similar to the ones Juve face than the ones Parma faced - packed defenses, high pressing and a need for intricacy. Which may not be to his benefit.

But at the same time, he's got so many things that make him potentially good in a Conte system - physicality, a hard worker, defending ability, speed over long distances (not acceleration, but pace, I suppose), and the ability to play those dangerous passes into space quickly.

You can see above the reason why I called him weirdly dangerous - those are not typical attributes for a right-winger (where he usually played), or a CAM (which is where I think his best position lies).

Paratici has loved him for a long time - brought him to Juve in a deal many called overpriced, and we are now buying him for more than what Juve paid for him after two disappointing seasons (staggering the payments with this weird loan-to-buy thing Paratici likes). It's clear he sees a lot in him.

But to me, he strikes me as uncannily similar to Alli - he will do well in a system tailored to his strengths, but otherwise, he's a struggle to fit into a side. But I suppose Conte will play him more than Alli, so it's a squad upgrade on the whole.

Sounds a bit like Dirk Kuyt?

Back