• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

real madrid see there galacticos as marketing tools.
their shirt sales in Year I covers more than their transfer fees!

If we're selling Naughton for anything over what we're getting for Yedlin it is a GREAT piece of business by Levy. Potentially a really good player.

I could care less about the whole American marketing aspect, but the reality of it is, especially for a team not named United, Ars*nal, Chelsea, and Liverpool it does raise awareness for the club over here.

If we're selling Naughton for anything over what we're getting for Yedlin it is a GREAT piece of business by Levy. Potentially a really good player.

I could care less about the whole American marketing aspect, but the reality of it is, especially for a team not named United, Ars*nal, Chelsea, and Liverpool it does raise awareness for the club over here.

agreed I will say the American support over here has grown 1000% in the last 5 years or so. Definitely closing in on those clubs mentioned and certain cities like mine here in Cleveland we are most supported club. There may be more casual fans of the other clubs mentioned but as far as true week in week out support and organization i think we are right there with other English clubs. True to what it is in the UK we may not have the sheer volume of plastic supporters that say a Manure have but the ones we have are passionate and truly involved with the club

I couldn't care less. Sorry really gets my goat!

No idea but they sold 345,000 James Rodriguez replica shirts in 48 hours which is equivalent to £2m

That's likely to be the time that most shirts were sold. If only £2m was covered, I can't believe that his transfer fee was covered by the sale of shirts with his name on. I'm calling BS on the notion. I can't believe that it could be true.

That's likely to be the time that most shirts were sold. If only £2m was covered, I can't believe that his transfer fee was covered by the sale of shirts with his name on. I'm calling BS on the notion. I can't believe that it could be true.

sorry, i meant 20m, not 2m

No idea but they sold 345,000 James Rodriguez replica shirts in 48 hours which is equivalent to £2m

345000 shirts..

£20000000..

So they made approximately £50 profit on every single shirt? That's a load of bull**** really.

Was in Barcelona last week. There a Barcashirt cost 85€ for adult and 70€ for children. So 50£ profit could be for real!

Was in Barcelona last week. There a Barcashirt cost 85€ for adult and 70€ for children. So 50£ profit could be for real!

85 euros is about £67.. So you're telling me it costs £17 per shirt to buy the materials, cover the overheads, ship it and sell it?

That would probably be the most cost effective business ever.

No idea but they sold 345,000 James Rodriguez replica shirts in 48 hours which is equivalent to £20m

Not true

James Rodriguez's Real Madrid shirt sales have been exaggerated according to kit manufacturer adidas.

Consultancy firm Euromericas Sport Marketing said 345,000 Rodriguez shirts were shifted in the 48 hours after signing his Madrid contract on 22 July.

But Spanish website ESPN Deportes are reporting that kit manufacturer adidas say the figures have been inflated.
Madrid's adidas office is quoted as saying: 'We have seen publications about selling T-shirts, and they are in fact not true.
'The figures are nowhere near the reality.'

But adidas say the consultancy firm's figures are based on the 900 shirts flogged in the official Madrid club shop on the day of his presentation and do not know if 'sales extrapolated globally' although the sponsors' have not released official stats.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...re-exaggeration-say-adidas.html#ixzz39vzKl4uw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not true

James Rodriguez's Real Madrid shirt sales have been exaggerated according to kit manufacturer adidas.

Consultancy firm Euromericas Sport Marketing said 345,000 Rodriguez shirts were shifted in the 48 hours after signing his Madrid contract on 22 July.

But Spanish website ESPN Deportes are reporting that kit manufacturer adidas say the figures have been inflated.
Madrid's adidas office is quoted as saying: 'We have seen publications about selling T-shirts, and they are in fact not true.
'The figures are nowhere near the reality.'

But adidas say the consultancy firm's figures are based on the 900 shirts flogged in the official Madrid club shop on the day of his presentation and do not know if 'sales extrapolated globally' although the sponsors' have not released official stats.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...re-exaggeration-say-adidas.html#ixzz39vzKl4uw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now that's what I call extrapolation.

It's given me an idea though.
I'm going start a company selling widgets for £1. (Cost to manufacture, overheads etc 50p)
Sell one widget to a unsuspecting mug punter; there's always one. (That's the important bit)
Extrapolate first week sales to 63.23m (Don't want to be overambitious).
Book the sales.
Flog my company for a third of projected annual net profits. Say £50m or so.
Retire.

How much money did Real Madrid make from Gareth Bale shirts? Surely not £85m?

This is back in 2010..

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/s...eal-madrid-have-sold-over-a-million-cristiano

Ronaldo shirt sales are bringing groundbreaking returns.

Revenues from CR9 shirts sales have reaped over €100 million in revenues, with over a million shirts sold in the city of Madrid alone, reports Portuguese publication A Bola.

The offical Real Madrid store in the Bernabeu and the small outfit in the Plaza del Sol are flooded by thousands of fans daily, both Spaniards and visitors from every corner of the world, and those Madridistas regularly buy the shirt of their favourite player.

Cristiano Ronaldo's shirt has been the top seller and, if the figures are accurate, Los Blancos have already sold €100 million worth of shirts - and that is just in the first year of his contract.

Now that's what I call extrapolation.

It's given me an idea though.
I'm going start a company selling widgets for £1. (Cost to manufacture, overheads etc 50p)
Sell one widget to a unsuspecting mug punter; there's always one. (That's the important bit)
Extrapolate first week sales to 63.23m (Don't want to be overambitious).
Book the sales.
Flog my company for a third of projected annual net profits. Say £50m or so.
Retire.

Sorry ringo, the lads at Enron already beat you to it.

Back