• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

If I was the opposition I would be targeting sanchez every time all the time. I feel for him as he looked like an absolute beast for Ajax, but I suppose it could have been De ligt that made him look good .... cheeky bid?

I thought Sanchez was poor again today.
They didn't score, but he makes everything look so difficult.
Any pass to him results in a massive press from the opposition as he dribbles into his own corner and then scrapes it out of play.

Some players have that aura where you know they are in control and will do the right thing. Sanchez is far from that.

Defended better against Toney than I expected. Partly down to how we restricted service to Toney, and there were a couple dodgy moments, but still. Tough player to come up against and he did better than expected.

On the ball it's a bit of a problem for sure. I know there are patterns of play now, the passes probably are going where they should be going, but he keeps playing us into trouble. Conte can't be happy about that.

Do people hate Sanchez and Dier that much that one little mistake is what is used to judge their overall performances? They were both pretty solid today.
Yep
There are plenty who hate both and won’t change their minds
I checked the stats just now because I thought maybe I was wrong… Sanchez passing accuracy was poor for a defender, the second lowest in the team
We know the guy struggles with passing but some of them were short simple ones he didn’t get right with the 4th highest touches
He did win more headers than everyone else though

You watched a different game to me.
Yep clearly
It’s why I went back to check the stats afterwards as plenty seem to be defending him
His passing was really bad.. and that was passing when under little pressure
He did win some headers but most from memory went up rather than out to a player
He did win more tackles than anyone in the team
He took his goal well too
But watch the game again and look at the ball he tried to play to Kane around the 15th minute after doing some great work. It was 5 yards and it was wide and short
He also got caught really badly around 60mins when he went wandering down the right to tackle someone and they just passed it around him and had a 2 on 1 against Tanganga which resulted in a decent chance

I’ll rewatch the game again tomorrow and see if I can get some video footage to share

Yep
There are plenty who hate both and won’t change their minds
I checked the stats just now because I thought maybe I was wrong… Sanchez passing accuracy was poor for a defender, the second lowest in the team
We know the guy struggles with passing but some of them were short simple ones he didn’t get right with the 4th highest touches
He did win more headers than everyone else though

This makes me feel he will be much better alongside a solid CB with leadership quality.
Judging by the comments Conte made about Davies, and referencing that he wants all the 3 CB to be like that....that simply doesn't scan well for Sanchez.

He was ok today (and I was happy he grabbed a goal), but Norwich are bottom and he was tinkle poor against Mura (the lowest ranked team left in European competition)....it's russian roulette to think he's going to stand strong against the other top 6 teams (ie the games that matter), and that's just the defending part of his game, before we get to what he can contribute on the build-up side.

Judging by the comments Conte made about Davies, and referencing that he wants all the 3 CB to be like that....that simply doesn't scan well for Sanchez.

He was ok today (and I was happy he grabbed a goal), but Norwich are bottom and he was tinkle poor against Mura (the lowest ranked team left in European competition)....it's russian roulette to think he's going to stand strong against the other top 6 teams (ie the games that matter), and that's just the defending part of his game, before we get to what he can contribute on the build-up side.

When we get to the better teams I think we will see Davies reach his (speed) limit, while Sanchez's speed on the other hand will be useful to cover both Davies and Dier. Don't get me wrong, I still think we need to upgrade on all three if we want to win something.

I said it to may mate at the game that if Sanchez can’t stick with his man here, jota and mane will have a field day

but the rest for the games he just needs to do the basics better. Pass to the man, stand up and jockey players and when winning headers don’t bounce them in the air

I didn’t see the Mura game so can’t comment on that one

Davies though has settled in so well to the new system but I think salah coming at him will be a different proposition

Great at quite a bit of highlight defending. Recovering runs and tackles in particular. Not so good at everything else.

So at the same time he can look like he's having a good game and a poor game. Or he can be good in one and bad in the next mostly based on the long of situations he's put in.

Yep clearly
It’s why I went back to check the stats afterwards as plenty seem to be defending him
His passing was really bad.. and that was passing when under little pressure
He did win some headers but most from memory went up rather than out to a player
He did win more tackles than anyone in the team
He took his goal well too
But watch the game again and look at the ball he tried to play to Kane around the 15th minute after doing some great work. It was 5 yards and it was wide and short
He also got caught really badly around 60mins when he went wandering down the right to tackle someone and they just passed it around him and had a 2 on 1 against Tanganga which resulted in a decent chance

I’ll rewatch the game again tomorrow and see if I can get some video footage to share

Other than skipp, moura and Davies none of them had any better than decent games.
They all had good and bad moments, and mostly the good out weighed the bad, Sanchez was no different to the rest.
But we did look a lot better as a team. They are covering each other, Something that has been missing for a long time.

I'm not Sanchez's biggest fan either and realise we should probably move him on, but it's not correct to say he was awful yesterday. He had a good game imo and got us out of trouble on several occasions. He had terrible game against Mura, but if he has a good game then that should be recognised.

And to dig him out in advance because he's going to be brick against Salah and Jota, well that's a new one.

I'm not Sanchez's biggest fan either and realise we should probably move him on, but it's not correct to say he was awful yesterday. He had a good game imo and got us out of trouble on several occasions. He had terrible game against Mura, but if he has a good game then that should be recognised.

And to dig him out in advance because he's going to be brick against Salah and Jota, well that's a new one.
TBF, it's Mane and Jota against whom Sanchez is going to be brick. Ben Davies is the one who'll be brick against Salah.

Back