• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

£20m and we'd be crazy to sell. Needs to be double that you'd imagine.

Not sure about that. Depends on how much we want to get shot of him....if we only have one potential purchaser then we dont have a lot of ability to dictate the price

Is he another who only has 1 year left on his deal or does he still have 2? If the latter than I agree that £20 million is too little and we should expect another 50% or so on top of that.

I think its 2 years, but what will he be worth in 12 months' time when he is 30 and only has a year left?

It’s interesting that Europe’s ‘big’ clubs don’t seem to be interested in a number of our players (Eriksen, Toby, Rose) that lots of us would have as first names on the team sheet most weeks - even when they are available at relatively reasonable prices.

Not sure it means much (or anything really) but maybe worth noting.

It's the big 30 striking

It’s interesting that Europe’s ‘big’ clubs don’t seem to be interested in a number of our players (Eriksen, Toby, Rose) that lots of us would have as first names on the team sheet most weeks - even when they are available at relatively reasonable prices.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool fans have been wondering why their teams have not gone in for Toby. He would walk into all 3 of them teams.

It is worth noting. Perhaps we need to consider our players more levelly.

It is worth noting. Perhaps we need to consider our players more levelly.
I can’t fathom why no one would have triggered Toby’s clause. I can only imagine that the clubs speak to his agent first and he’s either asked for a prohibitive wage for his age or the plan is to go on a free and get a chunk of the 25m for himself.
Eriksen, could be due to us asking for Hazard levels of transfer fee but maybe he just doesn’t grab enough headlines to warrant the move for one of the few clubs that can offer more than us.
Rose has had a few injuries and ha shown signs that he could be a challenge to manage. Or he genuinely only wants to move up North.

The thing that concerns me is that all 3 receive bids closer to the end of the window, unsettling them and leaving little wiggle room to source and secure their replacements. Even if their fees are inflated I’d rather have them all on board for next season.

Back