• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

By the way don't let the fact that most of these managerial stories have been independently confirmed deflect you from your delusion.

I don't believe anyone thought any of these managers was a done deal, we're all just tinkled off at the blatant lack of any coherent strategy in chasing after the managers and the clear evidence of insufficient ambition on the part of those pulling the strings.

OK let me count the ways you are wrong. Firstly you state
You've consistently stated or implied that the stories are true e.g. first quote above (even though there is no independent confirmation).
So your stand is that we have been in talks with some of the best managers in the world, Conte, Poch, Flich, TEH etc.
Then you state in the second quote above that there's clear evidence of insufficient ambition. Talking to the best managers in the world does not display a lack of ambition.

Once again this is simply wrong. I stated that people like you claim people are "wetting the bed" about done deals that don't materialise, when the actual truth is that we're legitimately tinkled off about the absolutely cackhanded way the managerial search has been conducted with no evidence of any strategy or professional business plan.
Wetting the bed over every story or manager we are linked to when at least half of it is made up and being annoyed over the way the search has been conducted are two different things.
You can be justifiably be tinkled off over the search without throwing the toys out of the pram every time we are linked to somebody.

Calm down dearie! Not trying to be a hero, apologies if I came across all aggressive but your rhetoric irritated me.

I don't believe anyone thought any of these managers was a done deal, we're all just tinkled off at the blatant lack of any coherent strategy in chasing after the managers and the clear evidence of insufficient ambition on the part of those pulling the strings.
Fair dues mate, I thought your reply was a bit off, but could well be my pre match nerves!

not sure we’ll agree but let’s just call it anyway!

Maybe the biggest issue is the club listening to fans. Far better that the executive team have vision and confidence. Governing by a kind of social media committee is always doomed.

The way I see it, Levy gave up the DoF type setup for Poch, as Poch wanted more control. Fair enough, he earnt it. (in hindsight Poch may have done better as a coach with someone else doing the buying but that's another disucssion). Then fans freak out and call for Levy to get a DoF, ironically because of the Poch years. Actually, Spurs were highly effective with transfers pre-Poch, working in the way they have worked. Spurs transfer business was the model that many other sides tried to follow. Going back to that setup would have been effective.

But fans clamored for a DoF with a twist of anti-Levy spice thrown into the mix. How could Levy ignore it? Very hard. So the fans got a DoF who needs time to establish himself. You can't expect the DoF to know everything about the club and deliver before they have even officially started work. The DoF obviously knows Italian football, and chooses his manager, social media intervenes again, and the club follows the fans. Which is fair enough. But we'd have been better off with Levy ignoring all the rubbish from fans and focusing on choosing the best manager and players without taking notice of all the noise.

You've consistently stated or implied that the stories are true e.g. first quote above (even though there is no independent confirmation).what are you babbling on about no independent verification??? Multiple internationally respected journalists have independently verified the same stories.you’re quite rifght though let’s not believe professional journalists with their many contacts and instead believe some randos on the internet who claim to know it all without a shred of evidence to back them up
So your stand is that we have been in talks with some of the best managers in the world, Conte, Poch, Flich, TEH etc. No idea who teh is? I’m sure we have spoken to conte and poch.
Then you state in the second quote above that there's clear evidence of insufficient ambition. Talking to the best managers in the world does not display a lack of ambition. No but multiple managers walking away because we couldn’t meet their demands does failing to even secure fonseca definitely does.

Wetting the bed over every story or manager we are linked to when at least half of it is made up and being annoyed over the way the search has been conducted are two different things.
You can be justifiably be tinkled off over the search without throwing the toys out of the pram every time we are linked to somebody.
name me one poster who has been throwing their toys out of the pram every single time?I certainly haven’t

name me one poster who has been throwing their toys out of the pram every single time?I certainly haven’t

I was in the pram looking down at the toys when we sacked Mourinho a few days before a cup final and not because I liked him.

The last few days my toys have been thrown all over the road, I am disgusted that my membership has been renewed and I will be not attending games as long as Levy is in the employee of Tottenham.

I was in the pram looking down at the toys when we sacked Mourinho a few days before a cup final and not because I liked him.

The last few days my toys have been thrown all over the road, I am disgusted that my membership has been renewed and I will be not attending games as long as Levy is in the employee of Tottenham.
If you've only chucked your toys out of the pram un the last few days, that's not the same as doing it following failure to secure each and every manager.

And more than understandable given the cackhanded farce of our ongoing manager search. Personally I'll still be going to the home games and supporting whichever manager we end up with and whatever team we end up with.

But I'm fudging tinkled off with levy and enic, and rightly so in my opinion. Noone is going to convince me otherwise so maybe I'd better take a step away from here for a while!:)

You've consistently stated or implied that the stories are true e.g. first quote above (even though there is no independent confirmation).
So your stand is that we have been in talks with some of the best managers in the world, Conte, Poch, Flich, TEH etc.
Then you state in the second quote above that there's clear evidence of insufficient ambition. Talking to the best managers in the world does not display a lack of ambition.

Why do you think it is that so much is being done in public?

Maybe the biggest issue is the club listening to fans. Far better that the executive team have vision and confidence. Governing by a kind of social media committee is always doomed.

The way I see it, Levy gave up the DoF type setup for Poch, as Poch wanted more control. Fair enough, he earnt it. (in hindsight Poch may have done better as a coach with someone else doing the buying but that's another disucssion). Then fans freak out and call for Levy to get a DoF, ironically because of the Poch years. Actually, Spurs were highly effective with transfers pre-Poch, working in the way they have worked. Spurs transfer business was the model that many other sides tried to follow. Going back to that setup would have been effective.

But fans clamored for a DoF with a twist of anti-Levy spice thrown into the mix. How could Levy ignore it? Very hard. So the fans got a DoF who needs time to establish himself. You can't expect the DoF to know everything about the club and deliver before they have even officially started work. The DoF obviously knows Italian football, and chooses his manager, social media intervenes again, and the club follows the fans. Which is fair enough. But we'd have been better off with Levy ignoring all the rubbish from fans and focusing on choosing the best manager and players without taking notice of all the noise.

Levy did not choose the DoF because of fans. And frankly, I do not understand why the DoF was talking to Fonseca if he was already working Gattuso. Why not tell the club to wait. As it happens, I think Gattuso would've been an awful awful choice. And if our DoF can only operate initially from an Italian playbook, then I'd be wary personally.

This is a clusterfudge whichever way one slices it...

On the one hand you provide a list of top quality managers that we've been closely linked with or reportedly "deal done" and state that it's ridiculous the stance that people don't believe the links. Then you turn around and state there's insufficient ambition, talk about contradicting yourself...

At a certain point, it is fair to expect such "ambition" to come with both a plan and execution.

Why do you think it is that so much is being done in public?
It’s no different to Everton’s now public and manager search, just that is been over a longer period of time. I think the difference now is due to the lack of consequence people are making more definitive statements as ‘will join tomorrow’ as this results in more clicks and shares than ‘possibly in talks with’.
The level of detail for the same definite statements being quickly reversed, with no quotes from either side seems off to me too.

At a certain point, it is fair to expect such "ambition" to come with both a plan and execution.

Quite right. It’s not ambitious to talk to Conte and not actually have a pitch and plan to convince him. It’s not ambitious to talk to Rivaldo and get a letter explaining why he didn’t go our way. Ambition is actually getting it done.

It’s no different to Everton’s now public and manager search, just that is been over a longer period of time. I think the difference now is due to the lack of consequence people are making more definitive statements as ‘will join tomorrow’ as this results in more clicks and shares than ‘possibly in talks with’.
The level of detail for the same definite statements being quickly reversed, with no quotes from either side seems off to me too.

No one has been saying ‘will join tomorrow’.

The closest and most definitive statement has been around Fonseca likely being unveiled next week after working through the final details. After his wife was talking about butterflies for a new challenge beginning. But it has never been reported that anyone has been a ‘done deal’.

Do people think Fonseca wasn’t close? Do people think we did or didn’t speak to Gattuso? People are going to such lengths to defend a managerial search which is underwhelming at best and chaos at worst that they have to try and say these good journalists are making it up, rather than just accepting the very likely truth that the search is as chaotic as it appears.

The only way this managerial search is not chaos is if we have a master plan to appoint a manager and we are waiting for the right time to make our move. Which might mean someone at the Euros. But regardless, we have shown we don’t have the ambition to attract someone like Conte, and we don’t seem to have the foresight to check Gattuso out before moving towards him. And what the heck were we playing at with Fonseca? None of this looks good, unless it’s all part of a master plan to get our preferred target. Who is????

Is it being done in public?
I have seen little solid links that any on these stories are coming from the club.
In fact the club have denied talking to quite a few of the names touted.
The club cannot control what the press write, why bother.

Spot on, s eems that there are more fans around in todays game who believe everything they hear/see especially when its on that font of truth and honesty T w att er.

No one has been saying ‘will join tomorrow’.

The closest and most definitive statement has been around Fonseca likely being unveiled next week after working through the final details. After his wife was talking about butterflies for a new challenge beginning. But it has never been reported that anyone has been a ‘done deal’.

Do people think Fonseca wasn’t close? Do people think we did or didn’t speak to Gattuso? People are going to such lengths to defend a managerial search which is underwhelming at best and chaos at worst that they have to try and say these good journalists are making it up, rather than just accepting the very likely truth that the search is as chaotic as it appears.

The only way this managerial search is not chaos is if we have a master plan to appoint a manager and we are waiting for the right time to make our move. Which might mean someone at the Euros. But regardless, we have shown we don’t have the ambition to attract someone like Conte, and we don’t seem to have the foresight to check Gattuso out before moving towards him. And what the heck were we playing at with Fonseca? None of this looks good, unless it’s all part of a master plan to get our preferred target. Who is????
There is no master plan. There may have been one back when Levy sacked Jose but it clearly went south at some point between then and the end of last season…. Since then we’ve gone through plans B, C, D, E and F, the only question is exactly how far along the alphabet we now are.

The discussion wasn't about the execution, it was about the ambition of Levy/Enic and the club. You can acknowledge the ambition of the club, while being disappointed in the execution so far. But lets just brick on Levy and on the club and not try and be a little more nuanced and give credit where it's due and in the same measure give criticism where it's due.

The discussion wasn't about the execution, it was about the ambition of Levy/Enic and the club. You can acknowledge the ambition of the club, while being disappointed in the execution so far. But lets just brick on Levy and on the club and not try and be a little more nuanced and give credit where it's due and in the same measure give criticism where it's due.

You did not read what I posted a few pages back did you? If you had, you'd have realized I did EXACTLY this. I cannot be bothered to go back and quote it to you, but if you care, go back a few days and it is all there.

But again...he is fudging this bit of it up. Big-time. And it is getting worse. If you don't want to acknowledge that, 'tis your business.

Last edited:
What's being done in public???? There's a difference between some rags spouting stuff in public than the club doing anything in public, which it hasn't and doesn't in general.

OK mate.
And we'll just ignore the fact that Levy felt compelled to put out a defensive video se 10 days ago...which I actually didn't mind too much because at that time it was pretty fudging clear he was dreaming re: Conte and Poch was a ruse of some sorts. The last two names and 'in glare' operations? Not so great. You can pass it over if you want, not me. It is poor.

Back