1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Frederic Kanoute

It’s only going to be about £1m to £2m in total. If it’s used as an excuse to spend nothing then hey-ho we would’ve spent only £2 million anyway.

Legohamster likes this.
  2. Finney Is Back

AVB upward? From 4th under Redknapp to 5th under AVB and in 7th place the season after when sacked.

MKSpur and Danishfurniturelover like this.
  3. Finney Is Back

Meow....

4. Finney Is Back

This turnaround shows me two things.

1. That I was very probably wrong about us being Financially fcuked.
    2. That those who thought there was no ‘cost’ to the poor publicity were also probably misguided.

Levy, being a numbers man, has obviously realised the negative publicity from the furlough outweighed the Financial benefit (probably about £1m).

Last edited: 14 Apr 2020
    DubaiSpur likes this.
  5. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Think it was just his(levy's) asperger's playing up. He saw a way to save money and went for it. Remember an article years ago how he used to walk around turning off all the lights then when someone told him it was cheaper having sensor lights he got those installed.

thfcsteff likes this.
  6. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Not wrong though. Proof is in the pudding or so they say. We shall see.

7. Finney Is Back

How much (net) do you expect us to spend in comparison to the rest of the big six?

8. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

I have no idea, but unlike some i will not GUESS either.

9. Finney Is Back

OK. I’ll rephrase. What level compared to them would you find acceptable (just as a percentage, you don’t have to do absolutes).

10. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

I think anyone even attempt to second guess transfer spend and even what a transfer window looks like now would be silly

DubSpur and glasgowspur like this.
  11. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Is the right answer.

12. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

AVB got us a record points total in his first season, in his second, at the point he was fired, we had a higher ppg than we’d had at the same point in the previous, record total, season.

13. Finney Is Back

OK. So no matter what we do in the market compared to our rivals you’ll be fine with it?

14. Finney Is Back

Points per game means nothing. League position and cup runs (ideally cup wins) are what matter.

15. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Where did i say that, listen if fans want to speculate then that is down to them. You seem to be the man for numbers so go for it if that is what floats your boat. Myself i will leave it to the ONLY ones who know, those at the club.

16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

I’ll speculate
    Pool won’t spend as much as some clubs
    City will spend more than pool
    United will spend a lot on 2/3 players
    Chelsea won’t spend much at all
    Arsenal won’t either unless they get CL
    We will spend more than Arse and Chelsea
    IMO of course with not science or facts and having never seen a clubs balance sheet

17. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Nick Barmby

10 years, I would say that 10 years of following the club offered up more than the 20 before that I have been going week in week out.

Yep trophies would be great but my support isn’t conditional on winning things not expected for the reasons I have previously said.

What has happened as I’ve said many time’s is we enter most games with a strong chance of a result week in week out and we mix it with the big boys. I’ve seen us in the last ten years operate in a way where following the team was a total joy home and away and across Europe consistently more than we probably ever have, the fact it hasn’t ended in a trophy hasn’t diminished that level or enjoyment.

If it has for you then so be it.

Attached Files:

18. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

'We are acutely aware that many supporters were against the decision we made regarding furloughing staff who could not carry out their jobs from home - due to the nature of their work - and our intention to apply, if applicable, for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), a scheme designed to ensure that jobs and employment rights are protected.

"Indeed we have seen opposition from fans to fellow Premier League clubs accessing the CJRS too. This once again underlines that we bear different pressures to other businesses, many of whom have and will continue to apply for support from the scheme as the Government intended.

"In view of supporter sentiment regarding the scheme, it is now not our intention to make use of the current CJRS that runs until the end of May. We shall consult with stakeholders, including the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust with whom we have been in dialogue over the past week and who share our desire to protect jobs, should circumstances change going forward."

Daniel Levy, Chairman: "The criticism the Club has received over the last week has been felt all the more keenly because of our track record of good works and our huge sense of responsibility to care for those that rely on us, particularly locally
    .'

Wow.

19. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

I think we'll spend in a region which will take the clubs overall balance sheet close to 0 (as in break even as a business)

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  20. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

The club did the right thing. It had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing, mind, but it got there.

I was never more utterly ashamed of my club than when they announced that atrocious decision to cut wages and furlough staff.

I have rarely been prouder than now, when they reversed it and gave a fair deal to all the ordinary working men and women who make Spurs what it is.

I'm just..proud of the club. Proud of the fans, who were relentless in their criticism of this - across social media, in the news, in the pubs, fans came together like never before to express their shame and anger about this, and as the statement mentions, the strength of it was noted by the club.

Proud of the Trust, too - they're pretty powerless even relative to the likes of Spirit of Shankly, bit they do good work, and they worked with the club, represented the majority of the fans' views on this and contributed to the club reversing course. Hats off to them.

Also proud that fans across the league are against this, in general - for their clubs and for others. Football is *not* just another business, and it will die the more it tries to become one.

Finally, well done to Levy. It was late, and you had to be forced into it - but better late than never, and you did the right thing. You listened.

I hope those of us who supported the furlough and wage cuts, and those who were against, can now move on. It caused a lot of pro and anti-furlough sentiment amongst GG (not elsewhere, I have to say - fans elsewhere were pretty united in opposing it). But the club's done the right thing, so hopefully that's all in the past.

I can say I'm proud of THFC again - what a day. :)