• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It does need its own thread, and this is another part of the issue. People who are frustrated at ‘woke’ end up throwing anything close to it (or not even close, just lingering in the same post code) in the same small box. I think the above is absurd. I also think statues should be kept/put in museums with context, just like I think Auschwitz, Dachau and their like should be preserved to remind people of the genocidal horrors which happened. History must not be deleted or swept under the carpet. This is a very different discussion to the Rogan/Young one…very different.

Oh give me a break! Young knew Rogan wouldn’t be ‘de-platformed’ as Spotify have invested too much money in this hipster-alt-right dude to ditch him. It was a statement by Young. He wasn’t trying to ‘cancel’ him more than he was pointing out fudging idiotic it is to allow junk science to have such a megaphonic platform unopposed; thus his action. I am absolutely wary of some aspects of ‘cancel culture’ like many, however it does not (IMO) help when such conflations are made.

Its a lot easier for Young to do when he's not dependent on Spotify to gain fans or hear his music but many other artists are too dependent on these services - maybe that in itself is a problem.

Young could have said remove my music I don't like your stance, seemed he didn't want to cut himself off entirely and it's kind of backfired now he's been removed (although doubt he really cares).

I tested positive last Friday and this thing has been kicking my arse. Double-vaxxed, 6ft 72kg running 30km a week and it's hit me hard. I can't imagine how scary it would be if you had comorbidities or for this to escalate to a hospital visit.

I tested positive last Friday and this thing has been kicking my arse. Double-vaxxed, 6ft 72kg running 30km a week and it's hit me hard. I can't imagine how scary it would be if you had comorbidities or for this to escalate to a hospital visit.

Good luck mate.

I’m one of 3 brothers and all our wives have caught a fairly heavy case of Covid at various times over the pandemic, but none of us siblings have caught it despite not keeping any distance from our respective wives within the house (eg sleeping in same beds still, etc.). Anything genetic to it?

Basically am I true blood?!?

Has everyone had the booster? I’m double vaxxed AZ but don’t like the idea of mix and match vaccines especially as AZ is different from the RNA pair.

So I’m hesitating a little, I had a stinking cold of Xmas that lasted about 2 weeks, I thought was covid but tested negative, although people I saw before I caught it tested positive.

anyways thoughts??

You're the first person I've heard of in some time to have more than a mild cold from it. Could that be an exposure thing?

Has everyone had the booster? I’m double vaxxed AZ but don’t like the idea of mix and match vaccines especially as AZ is different from the RNA pair.

So I’m hesitating a little, I had a stinking cold of Xmas that lasted about 2 weeks, I thought was covid but tested negative, although people I saw before I caught it tested positive.

anyways thoughts??

I had AZ for the first two, booster was Moderna, all good

I’m one of 3 brothers and all our wives have caught a fairly heavy case of Covid at various times over the pandemic, but none of us siblings have caught it despite not keeping any distance from our respective wives within the house (eg sleeping in same beds still, etc.). Anything genetic to it?

Very likely. Genetics determines about 95% of things to do with health and physical capacity.

My wife works in a nursery, it's never been closed, during lock down they took in vulnerable kids and kids of key nhs staff.
Of the 30 odd staff she is the only one not to have had it, some more than once. 90% of the kids families have all had it.
Neither of us have had it.

I was having this conversation with my partner today. I've had a bad run for a week and she's still testing negative despite me coughing and sneezing all over the place. My 2 brothers also had COVID recently and had similar symptoms to me, with one in hospital for a night. I have no idea how any of it works, but I'm sure genetics are a big part.

anyways thoughts??

Boosted - all Pfizer.
No side effects yet. Well, apart from the extra limb

anyways thoughts??

You are right to think about the merits of a booster- particularly now as Omicron has changed the landscape since the booster campaign was introduced.

Don’t forget your interests also include potentially reducing transmission from you to friends family and colleagues. The weight of the concern of this made me have a booster even after testing positive for covid in December.

Reactions: DTA
Also in the event of poisoned rna leading to a zombie Holocaust, don’t dismiss the benefits of being on team zombie.

Reactions: DTA
Back