• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

not the worst thing, could do with nuking a fair few of us.

Also though, if there were concerns on MRNA then these would have been borne out of earlier iterations of the vaccine that's been developed for years? also, Ox/AZ doesn't use MRNA technology, so in theory if fertility concerns were an issue, it's not a case that all vaccines could effectively be causing it as the method of vaccination is entirely different no?

maybe we'll do a Thanos and only wipe out half of us...

giphy-downsized.gif

Science is quite unpredictable though - it could be the unique combination of different factors. You never prove things in science, only disprove them. So you have to assume all possibilities until you have the data to disprove them.

The multiple vaccines is a sensible way to do it, then only half the population would be effected by it. Or with the West's vaccine nationalism in this first year, we could just be in for a wakanda forever future!

PM: Step 3 will go ahead, but moving to step 4 could be difficult

The PM says the government will proceed with the plan to move to step three of England's roadmap out of lockdown from Monday.

"But I have to level with you that this new variant could pose a serious disruption to our progress and could make it more difficult to move to step four in June," he says.

"I must stress that we will do whatever it takes to keep the public safe."

Will be funny them trying to justify not going to step 4 when there are 10 deaths a day from COVID and roughly 100 admitted to hospital
I bet more people die from extreme farts than that a day in this country
Any excuse to not give us back our freedoms

It's purely due diligence. It's the last thing you can check, simply because it takes 9-12 months to generate any data/see any effect.

Another factor is the hazard. From a risk assessment point of view, the probability is incredibly low, but the hazard is the gravest of all - the extinction of the human race.

And finally humanity does occasionally get things like this very wrong - thalidomide, Chernobyl, CFCs, fracking - have all happened in living memory.

Btw I work in scientific research and currently have an HRA application open on my other screen. And I've had my first jab.

Never fear.
My homespun scientific research indicates my fertility is unchanged and it didnt t take 9 months.

I also had my second jab today.
Whilst the first one was absolutely fine bar a sore arm after a day or so, I've felt heady, headachy and generally off-kilter all day today, plus I can barely raise my arm above shoulder height. Funny how reactions change from one jab to the next.

I’ve really struggled after my second jab. Couple of days of flu-like symptoms and a constant headache for three days now.

These clams are total jokers, have they actually got anything right so far ??

Their main fault has been been underestimating things.

Remember Chris Whitty telling us 20,000 deaths would be a “good outcome”?

I’ve really struggled after my second jab. Couple of days of flu-like symptoms and a constant headache for three days now.

Their main fault has been been underestimating things.

Remember Chris Whitty telling us 20,000 deaths would be a “good outcome”?

Which one did you get?

Will be funny them trying to justify not going to step 4 when there are 10 deaths a day from COVID and roughly 100 admitted to hospital
I bet more people die from extreme farts than that a day in this country
Any excuse to not give us back our freedoms
The justification is already in place - "we" celebrated it.
"I regret to inform you that due to a combination of new strains and a number of daily deaths despite everyone being vaccinated, we will have to delay stage 4"

The justification is already in place - "we" celebrated it.
"I regret to inform you that due to a combination of new strains and a number of daily deaths despite everyone being vaccinated, we will have to delay stage 4"
So even if it's 10 deaths a day you think they will delay it, it's never going to be zero is it
and what about if its people who have refused to have it and died not those who have been vaccinated

Ireland's Covid vaccination programme will continue as planned despite a cyber attack described as the most significant in the state's history.

The vaccine booking portal has reopened after the health service was forced to temporarily shut down its IT system on Friday.

It is expected to be a few days before the system is fully restored.

About a quarter of a million doses will be given next week, RTÉ has reported.

It also said most appointments would also go ahead as planned, but X-ray appointments were "severely affected"

I'm not an anti-vaxer in the slightest. But I still don't think any under 30s should be vaccinated until there's some trial data on fertility and birth defects (the reasons clinical trials usually work on the timeframe of years not months). That should be fairly imminent (potentially from now, depending how quickly the August 20 cohort started getting busy)

People over 30s have babies too, but honestly we should be careful with the idea that vaccines cause birth defects, this has been an anti vaxxer thing pushed in to peoples minds. Scientists who delcare it safe should be trusted.

Can't wait to see what difference this so called really bad variant does to the stats over the next few weeks
72 deaths in the past 7 days, 15k cases with 56m having had at least 1 jab

upload_2021-5-15_17-7-11.png

So even if it's 10 deaths a day you think they will delay it, it's never going to be zero is it
and what about if its people who have refused to have it and died not those who have been vaccinated
I genuinely don't know.
But I think once the vaccination programme has happened there will be extreme scrutiny on any number - because people are stupid.
Australia and NZ prove that can suppress your population at small case numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

Back