• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I read it’s mostly people coming back from inter national travel and passing it onto contacts.

Those people are agents of mayhem and need to be found and put in front of their local communities, friends and colleagues and made to explain themselves.

Then fined. Then strung up by the gonad*s.

Infuriating for sure, but you can't rely on people's goodwill to stay at home for 10 days during a global pandemic. especially now when the economy is back open, shops, bars and restaurants for outdoors etc it's even less likely people will stick to the rules.

A functioning test and trace system is paramount, how's our world class test and trace system doing?

also:

my sister (26) got a message saying there were spare Pfizers going at a local hospital (apparently loads of people couldn't be contacted to schedule appointments so the vaccines had to be used up). Queued for 2 hours but got her first jab

Had my first jab yesterday morning. Got home from work in the evening and within half an hour I went from feeling fine to horrendous. Horrendous as in never felt so bad. It's only starting to wear off now, 26 hours later.

My AZ jab was first 10 hours fine, following day brick, few more days of no energy, general crappy feeling.

General consensus is if you had the virus (if you knew or not), you reaction is worse, anecdotally have a friend who had the virus pretty bad (full on, loss of smell/taste for months) and for both of their doses, horrible reaction.

Infuriating for sure, but you can't rely on people's goodwill to stay at home for 10 days during a global pandemic. especially now when the economy is back open, shops, bars and restaurants for outdoors etc it's even less likely people will stick to the rules.

A functioning test and trace system is paramount, how's our world class test and trace system doing?

Isn’t the test and trace genuinely exceptional? We have tracked down people with the Brazilian variant, south African variant and now this Indian version despite people failing to properly assist the authorities with their movements*.

What has to change is that the government need to reverse their sequence and make household lockdown and attendant civil rights suppression’s the very last gasp measure.

Those who have been travelling unnecessarily need to be given an absolute kicking. I’d start with the travel journalists and work my way up.

Boils my tinkle all that.

Isn’t the test and trace genuinely exceptional? We have tracked down people with the Brazilian variant, south African variant and now this Indian version despite people failing to properly assist the authorities with their movements*.

What has to change is that the government need to reverse their sequence and make household lockdown and attendant civil rights suppression’s the very last gasp measure.

Those who have been travelling unnecessarily need to be given an absolute kicking. I’d start with the travel journalists and work my way up.

Boils my tinkle all that.

Or do what the aussies do and put everyone in quarantine hotels that they pay for when they come through a airport, it really should not be to difficult but for our shower of a government it seems to be.

Reactions: DTA
My AZ jab was first 10 hours fine, following day brick, few more days of no energy, general crappy feeling.

General consensus is if you had the virus (if you knew or not), you reaction is worse, anecdotally have a friend who had the virus pretty bad (full on, loss of smell/taste for months) and for both of their doses, horrible reaction.

eek, had my first this morning, still feel ok, sounds like the fun is still to come

Test and trace was released after the first lockdown. if it worked, we wouldn't have had 2 lockdowns subsequently. one involving closures of schools etc like the first time.

Test and trace was released after the first lockdown. if it worked, we wouldn't have had 2 lockdowns subsequently. one involving closures of schools etc like the first time.

If it didn’t work why the fudge would anyone carry on as was.

We changed tack. We have millions of tests a week, they aren’t anonymous.

That permits tracking of cases and variants to keep a lid on it not to go covid zero.

That is what we needed as the virus had become endemic so rapidly.

We don’t need to know that Cousin Tony gave it to auntie Nicky when they met at the off license.

We were well beyond that as tens of thousands of cases bought the virus in from abroad even before the first lockdown.

Last edited:
Test is exceptional. Trace is non existent except where we react, then it is resource heavy and desperate and of course effective. Sequencing is world leading.

Absolutely spot on Luton. And furthermore, trace requires a level of public engagement which is just unwelcome and intrusive to us Brits.

Hopefully???

Really should be no hopes about it. We have brought this all on ourselves, can not believe anyone is surprised that the has been a spike.

Would be rather funny if the Europeans banned uk tourists. It seems for most in this country whether they get a holiday or not is the most important thing.

How can anyone defend the government after they saw the variant in India go up and did not do anything.

Hopefully???

Really should be no hopes about it. We have brought this all on ourselves, can not believe anyone is surprised that the has been a spike.

Would be rather funny if the Europeans banned uk tourists. It seems for most in this country whether they get a holiday or not is the most important thing.

How can anyone defend the government after they saw the variant in India go up and did not do anything.
Yup, another misstep by bungling Boris.

Thankfully the vaccines only need about a week to work on younger adults, so just need the JCVI to persuade him that Bolton needs to vaccinate all over 18s in order to protect those multi-generational households.

I'm not an anti-vaxer in the slightest. But I still don't think any under 30s should be vaccinated until there's some trial data on fertility and birth defects (the reasons clinical trials usually work on the timeframe of years not months). That should be fairly imminent (potentially from now, depending how quickly the August 20 cohort started getting busy)

I'm not an anti-vaxer in the slightest. But I still don't think any under 30s should be vaccinated until there's some trial data on fertility and birth defects (the reasons clinical trials usually work on the timeframe of years not months). That should be fairly imminent (potentially from now, depending how quickly the August 20 cohort started getting busy)

Seen a lot of talk about this, why fertility though? why not "how it will effect our eyesight in a few years" or "how it will affect my toenails"?

Not aiming this at you either, but seems a lot of concern regarding fertility is borne from the anti-vax movement? When, at least based on the Science i've read, the MNRA based vaccines are about messaging systems in the body, as no actual virus is presented in the body. Absolutely nothing has been put forward on a scientific basis to advise how fertility is affected by the vaccine. Again, coming back to the anti-vax movement being the driver of this?

Ultimately, i know we're "sick and tired of experts" but i'd still rather trust experts than Dave down the pub with 2 GCSEs. And currently, the science output based on this points towards it being entirely safe.

Also, last comment, the COVID vaccine whilst being fast tracked was around 15 years ago as they developed against SARS-CoV1. Yes of course it has come at speed recently, but plenty of similar trial data from 15 years ago was used. MRNA vaccination as a concept has been around for decades, and worked on extensively for years:

https://www.ft.com/content/b2978026-4bc2-439c-a561-a1972eeba940

Seen a lot of talk about this, why fertility though? why not "how it will effect our eyesight in a few years" or "how it will affect my toenails"?

Not aiming this at you either, but seems a lot of concern regarding fertility is borne from the anti-vax movement? When, at least based on the Science i've read, the MNRA based vaccines are about messaging systems in the body, as no actual virus is presented in the body. Absolutely nothing has been put forward on a scientific basis to advise how fertility is affected by the vaccine. Again, coming back to the anti-vax movement being the driver of this?

Ultimately, i know we're "sick and tired of experts" but i'd still rather trust experts than Dave down the pub with 2 GCSEs. And currently, the science output based on this points towards it being entirely safe.

Also, last comment, the COVID vaccine whilst being fast tracked was around 15 years ago as they developed against SARS-CoV1. Yes of course it has come at speed recently, but plenty of similar trial data from 15 years ago was used. MRNA vaccination as a concept has been around for decades, and worked on extensively for years:

https://www.ft.com/content/b2978026-4bc2-439c-a561-a1972eeba940

It's purely due diligence. It's the last thing you can check, simply because it takes 9-12 months to generate any data/see any effect.

Another factor is the hazard. From a risk assessment point of view, the probability is incredibly low, but the hazard is the gravest of all - the extinction of the human race.

And finally humanity does occasionally get things like this very wrong - thalidomide, Chernobyl, CFCs, fracking - have all happened in living memory.

Btw I work in scientific research and currently have an HRA application open on my other screen. And I've had my first jab.

but the hazard is the gravest of all - the extinction of the human race.

not the worst thing, could do with nuking a fair few of us.

Also though, if there were concerns on MRNA then these would have been borne out of earlier iterations of the vaccine that's been developed for years? also, Ox/AZ doesn't use MRNA technology, so in theory if fertility concerns were an issue, it's not a case that all vaccines could effectively be causing it as the method of vaccination is entirely different no?

maybe we'll do a Thanos and only wipe out half of us...

giphy-downsized.gif

Back