1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 27 Feb 2020.

1. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steve Carr

I have listened to loads of the daily briefings. Not all but I would say a very good majority of them and whilst I’ve heard the “stay home” mantra over and over, I have never heard any mention of “but you can apply common sense instead if necessary” being voiced. And I think the only references I have heard to “safeguarding” (as used in today’s briefing as justification) have been in reference to children being in an at risk situation due to eg domestic abuse.

But, if what Cummings did was within the rules, or was a valid exemption to the rules, then obviously that is OK. However, that rule/exemption shouldn’t come as a surprise to the general public after so many weeks of lockdown. I’d imagine any number of households would have genuinely benefitted from that clarification of the rules had it been more widely known.

In my opinion, Cummings winged it and now that he is being bought to task over it the establishment is closing ranks and at best “stretching” the rules to fit his actions.

I posted earlier that the press should keep on the case and that I wouldn’t be surprised if something else came out to distract from the Cummings story. I have changed my mind. I think the Cummings story IS the distraction. It took up every single question at today’s briefing and I suspect tomorrow will be similar. It’s right that Cummings’ actions should be questioned but not to the exclusion of other topics of questioning, such as the information I heard on the radio news this morning that the government had actually gone against the scientific modelling in their approach to re opening schools, or such as continuing the interrogation on track and trace plans, or testing etc. Instead the Cummings story has distracted from the really important stuff, and I’m certainly guilty of being side tracked by it.

2. Mikey10

Mikey10 Teemu Tainio

I’d say you’re wrong there - hence their desperation to hang on to him.

At one point I thought Johnson was just the front man - but he’s not even that any more, as he now only appears in public once a week to have his arse spanked by Starmer at PMQs.

As for the rest of the cabinet - have you seen them and heard them speak? They’d struggle to get middle management positions at Santander

MKSpur, Robspur12, SpurMeUp and 2 others like this.
  3. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

It's funny how they've all rallied around Cummings. He's just an aide, right? You'd almost swear he's more important than the leader guy, who doesn't work weekends.

MKSpur and Gilzeantoscore like this.
  4. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steve Carr

5. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

This is a good front page.

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Hold on

Are you saying the brains behind the party may have a plan to use himself as distraction...

I mean I’m convinced they follow anything he says as he is clearly the smartest guy in the room, and I’m still not convinced certain people had the virus either (BJ cough cough)

but you could well be on to something

Grays_1890 likes this.
  7. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Is the headline supposed to be an oxymoron or was is written by a halfwit?

8. Mikey10

Mikey10 Teemu Tainio

9. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steve Carr

I don’t think he’d voluntarily use himself as a distraction but I think he’d know how to take advantage of the story breaking.
    Also, I don’t recall seeing so many cabinet members tweeting support like I’ve seen today, all on message. I bet there’s a lot of gritted teeth behind many of those tweets.
    The guy definitely wields some power.

MKSpur and Bedfordspurs like this.
  10. Craig_J

Craig_J Alan Hutton

Hitler needed Himmler

Mussolini needed Balbo

And Thatcher needed Tony Blair

Doesn’t surprise me at all that the fascist oligarch is still above the rule of law

Gilzeantoscore likes this.
  11. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Dean Austin

You would be foaming at the mouth if Corbyn did what Cummings did. When it comes to the right, just turn a blind eye. Too funny, your reaction was predicted by me a few pages back. Hypocrisy thy name is Tory. With all due apologies to the Bard.

12. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Dean Austin

Tory voters would buy this flimflam, they really would. Basically, there is nothing that disqualifies these clams from office in their minds.

13. scaramanga

If this whole thing were something I gave much of a fudge about then I probably would.

As it is, I find this whole Coronavirus nonsense about as politically important as what colour shoes the latest Made in Essex clam is wearing today.

14. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

When will they release one who have died for missed cancer treatments/people too scared to go to hospital/ suicides due to the lockdown?

15. Nutter-Naylor

Nutter-Naylor Ilie Dumitrescu

This all looks very familiar.

16. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

It's written for those of us that have empathy. Not all loss can be counted with figures. Thats probably why you don't get it.

Gilzeantoscore and nayenezgani like this.
  17. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

The whataboutism angle is being covered by Fox news later.

Gilzeantoscore and AuroRaman like this.
  18. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

It’s fine, we all know all other issues/deaths don’t matter at the moment - if you don’t get covid you will live forever

19. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

Which of the logical fallacies is being employed here? Anyone? You at the back ?

AuroRaman likes this.
  20. scaramanga

Yet the writer does count the loss with numbers - in the very same sentence he claims they can't be counted.