• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

You can't compare Modric and Eriksen. Modric was a great passer, very hard to take the ball from, and actually gets stuck in. Eriksen doesn't go into challenges, he just runs alongside opposition players instead of at least trying to force them to pass or halt their runs.
I like Eriksen a lot but I think he's too much of a passenger at times.

Raziel is right, Eriksen is the least of our issues. I honestly think him and Kane should start every game and play every minute unless they are tired and/or injured.

But I do think people need to stop with the Modric comparisons. He isn't a Modric or a Pirlo type of player. He plays further forward and has more impact in and around the box.

Raziel is right, Eriksen is the least of our issues. I honestly think him and Kane should start every game and play every minute unless they are tired and/or injured.

But I do think people need to stop with the Modric comparisons. He isn't a Modric or a Pirlo type of player. He plays further forward and has more impact in and around the box.

I compare to Modric, because we seem to have this "Lampard sickness" that we believe midfielders are measured by goal output, and Modric is the classic case of a player who doesn't have to score goals, what he currently does is the value.

Eriksen is obviously a different type of player.

Do you reckon you could find more than one person who has said sell Eriksen?

Do you disagree with any of the critique aimed his way in this thread, which really is just constructive from where im sitting, if so what in particuar?

Well i keep hearing that he goes missing, does not offer enough, can not tackle. Not saying its all on here but going home and away these are some of the moans that are said when he has a poor game.

There Is far more to life and opinions about Spurs then on GG mate.

If we were to contemplate selling eriksen every side in the league above us would want him

Goals from midfield are a massive benefit as mist teams play one striker now and despite his recent lull which isn't great by HIS open high standards this guy is class

People rave about about Coutinho who is see as a player in a Similar role yet IMO he isn't a latch on Eriksen as he doesn't actually score or create enough in a pretty dominant side

And no he isn't anything like Modric although I thought he would become that type. In fact for us we have tow players taking a share of the Modric role in bents and Mason and neither are as good as him... But he is arguably the best in the world in his position

Agree fully. Eriksen should be compared more with VdV for example, though luckily for us Eriksen works a lot harder and more consistently than VdV.

It's only natural that players like him are a bit hot and cold with their goalscoring. Hell, even strikers are hot and cold with their goalscoring, for an attacking midfielder relying on quite a few long shot goals to be inconsistent is just part of the package.

What I would like, if anything, is for him to become a bit more involved in our overall play. The comparison with Coutinho is an interesting one. Up until a month ago Coutinho was a lot more involved in general play, looked "prettier", but was ultimately severely short on end product. He's started delivering a bit more recently, time will tell if he keeps it up or not. I would like to see Eriksen develop into a player that is more involved, like Coutinho, whilst keeping his end product. I think that will be possible given his age and talent.

If we were to contemplate selling eriksen every side in the league above us would want him

Goals from midfield are a massive benefit as mist teams play one striker now and despite his recent lull which isn't great by HIS open high standards this guy is class

People rave about about Coutinho who is see as a player in a Similar role yet IMO he isn't a latch on Eriksen as he doesn't actually score or create enough in a pretty dominant side

And no he isn't anything like Modric although I thought he would become that type. In fact for us we have tow players taking a share of the Modric role in bents and Mason and neither are as good as him... But he is arguably the best in the world in his position

I think you are underselling Coutinho. He looks a great player and has a meaningful contribution to most if not all of their matches, especially recently. In saying that I still think Eriksen is or will be a better player but the gap in class is not the gulf you describe. I think you would find that most Liverpool fans think something similar but in reverse when comparing these two players.

As much as I like Eriksen I still think he is not performing consistently enough yet. He does try a lot of ambitious passes but not many come off. In fact it is rare that one does come off. I think this indicative of a young player who to a degree is still developing and is not at the top of his game yet. What is pleasing is that he mostly makes the right decision with the ball which is half the battle. It would be great if the creative burden was shared across the three AM's but players like Lamela, Chaldli and Townsend have failed to deliver on that front. Prichard or even Holtby might be the answer but I do think Eriksen needs help.

I think you are underselling Coutinho. He looks a great player and has a meaningful contribution to most if not all of their matches, especially recently. In saying that I still think Eriksen is or will be a better player but the gap in class is not the gulf you describe. I think you would find that most Liverpool fans think something similar but in reverse when comparing these two players.

As much as I like Eriksen I still think he is not performing consistently enough yet. He does try a lot of ambitious passes but not many come off. In fact it is rare that one does come off. I think this indicative of a young player who to a degree is still developing and is not at the top of his game yet. What is pleasing is that he mostly makes the right decision with the ball which is half the battle. It would be great if the creative burden was shared across the three AM's but players like Lamela, Chaldli and Townsend have failed to deliver on that front. Prichard or even Holtby might be the answer but I do think Eriksen needs help.

Coutinho has been excellent for Liverpool, would love to have him here. We always seem to over estimate our players and under estimate everyone elses. Eriksen has shown moments of class, he is a good player but is nowhere near involved enough and gets too isolated. I think having some decent wide mids would help him no end to get a bit more space for himself instead of Lamela etc.. cutting inside constantly and taking the space he is trying to make. Maybe that's why Dembele helps when playing in the top 3 as although he rarely shoots/assists he does take 2 or 3 players out of the game leaving more space for the likes of this guy.

Countinho gets stuck in and puts his foot through more tackles than eriksen, and he is faster on the counter attack. Both are issues that i raise with Eriksen's overall game. No questions about his set piece ability at all.

Countinho gets stuck in and puts his foot through more tackles than eriksen, and he is faster on the counter attack. Both are issues that i raise with Eriksen's overall game. No questions about his set piece ability at all.

Coutinho can run a game. Eriksen cannot. At the moment, the only threat Eriksen is providing is from a direct free kick within 30 days from goal.

Coutinho can run a game. Eriksen cannot. At the moment, the only threat Eriksen is providing is from a direct free kick within 30 days from goal.

Really? come on Mumorn, Eriksen's only threat is free kicks?

comparing Coutinho to Eriksen is hard, Pool play very differently and if you compress their midfield they simply hoof the ball over the top to pacey runners (option we don't have), Coutinho doesn't carry the burden of having to be a goal scorer (we are dependent on Eriksen's contributions), and often has experience alongside him (Eriksen at his age is the senior midfielder)

Really? come on Mumorn, Eriksen's only threat is free kicks?

comparing Coutinho to Eriksen is hard, Pool play very differently and if you compress their midfield they simply hoof the ball over the top to pacey runners (option we don't have), Coutinho doesn't carry the burden of having to be a goal scorer (we are dependent on Eriksen's contributions), and often has experience alongside him (Eriksen at his age is the senior midfielder)

At the moment, yes.

Coutinhos problem was that he couldn't score goals but he's becoming more and more of a threat every week. He is crucial to the way Liverpool play. They have no one who can do what he does. He's a star player and surprised they got him for so cheaply. I'd say based on this season, Coutinho has been the better player. I like them both, I'm more than happy with Eriksen though.

At the moment, yes.

Coutinhos problem was that he couldn't score goals but he's becoming more and more of a threat every week. He is crucial to the way Liverpool play. They have no one who can do what he does. He's a star player and surprised they got him for so cheaply. I'd say based on this season, Coutinho has been the better player. I like them both, I'm more than happy with Eriksen though.

I disagree re Eriksen, he's had a dip in performance, but so has team, he's as critical to us as anyone.

Coutinho is a good player, and yes, especially for Pool, they got him on the cheap

And also in and around the box he is deadly. I can't think of many occasions when he has missed chances either. If only the rest of our midfield were half as productive as him goals wise. You're quite lenient on Lamela for example and quick to jump on Eriksen when he has a quiet game.

Coutinho is more skillful, again, he's a different player to Eriksen. I'm not even sure we will be having this debate about Eriksen much longer as he will get a move to a bigger club, and then we will back to wondering where the goals from midfield will come from.

I disagree re Eriksen, he's had a dip in performance, but so has team, he's as critical to us as anyone.

Coutinho is a good player, and yes, especially for Pool, they got him on the cheap

I got mocked for saying this, but without Kane and Eriksen I really doubt we would even be in the top half. Yes Chelsea would be a worse side without Costa and Emirates Marketing Project without Aguero etc, but they have players who can provide goals other than those I mentioned.

Agree fully. Eriksen should be compared more with VdV for example, though luckily for us Eriksen works a lot harder and more consistently than VdV.

It's only natural that players like him are a bit hot and cold with their goalscoring. Hell, even strikers are hot and cold with their goalscoring, for an attacking midfielder relying on quite a few long shot goals to be inconsistent is just part of the package.

What I would like, if anything, is for him to become a bit more involved in our overall play. The comparison with Coutinho is an interesting one. Up until a month ago Coutinho was a lot more involved in general play, looked "prettier", but was ultimately severely short on end product. He's started delivering a bit more recently, time will tell if he keeps it up or not. I would like to see Eriksen develop into a player that is more involved, like Coutinho, whilst keeping his end product. I think that will be possible given his age and talent.

I think Coutinho is a better player If I'm honest, or at least will be when he consistently adds goals to his game.

The only thing Eriksen needs to improve on is his consistency, he has the ability to unlock teams with his passing, but he doesn't do it enough. When was the last time we had a midfielder who scored as regularly as he does? Gareth Bale almost doesn't count as he was basically playing as a forward towards the end with Spurs.

I got mocked for saying this, but without Kane and Eriksen I really doubt we would even be in the top half. Yes Chelsea would be a worse side without Costa and Emirates Marketing Project without Aguero etc, but they have players who can provide goals other than those I mentioned.

I wouldn't doubt it, I think those two have earned more than 11 points between them (number of points between us and bottom half as we speak)

I know plenty of fans of other clubs who absolutely love Eriksen and would love him in their side

I also know who is a far more effective footballer. I actually think it's a case of overstating someone from our rivals as shown below... I've heard a lot on here in the past about what we could have done with a coutinho who effectively plays in the same position as eriksen, is they same age and playing arguably for a better side.. The stats show he isn't as good imoimage.jpg

He frustrates me.. He has magic in his boots but so often drifts in and out of games. I want him to dictate and impose himself more.

Maybe that will come as he matures, it's easy to forget how young he is.. Perhaps he could play a bit deeper to achieve this? He seems to go missing in big games too, which I can't stand.

He needs to become a leader of our club, get on the ball as often as possible and make things happen.. Scoring the odd late winner and wonder free kick isn't enough for me.

Last edited:
Back