1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by spurspinter1, 30 Aug 2013.

1. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Edgar Davids

I clearly recall Sugar saying at the time (after dragging his heels until the last moment it has to be said) that he eventually made a very generous offer but Campbell was just not interested, he'd already made up his mind to go.

thfcsteff likes this.
  2. galeforce

galeforce Garth Crooks

As annoying as it was Campbell’s choice was at least logical, there is no logic in Eriksen leaving now, just as we are on the cusp of dominating football for decades, we’ll win more European Cups over the next 10 years than Spain and Manchester combined.

Rorschach, Robbo and thfcsteff like this.
  3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

You're worrying too much.
    It is Barca or nowhere as far as I have heard. What possible good would it do him to sign a contract now having not signed one last summer? None. Depending on what we do/don't achieve, he could end up getting even more than he is currently being offered.
    My gut feeling is he will sign a new bumper deal in the summer once Barca don't come running in for him. Either that or we will not let him go this summer and force a drag down. Poch might well have surmised that a replacement cannot be found for the value we'd lose on a fee in keeping him. We shall see. But I do think you're over-worrying mate. And the Campbell situation is very different IMO. Again, I remember the whole thing and had heard the whisper he was fudging us off in that new year; what I don't think anyone knew was that he was going there, not until the very end.

4. thfcsteff

Eriksen is, again, a different kettle...quite a sensitive and thoughtful bloke. Confidence and the like is easily disrupted. He has certainly developed a tougher streak in that regard, and it is again hard to remember that he is still a relatively young man.

5. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

I’m not worried at all. Many more things to be worried about than a report on football London.

6. Robbo

Robbo Paul Stalteri

The difference between clambell and Eriksen is that we will get paid a decent penny if we let him leave this summer.

And of course we can force him to see out his contract and stay another year - that obviously won't happen, but as a theoretical exercise it shows that the club has much more power in this situation than with judas back then.

7. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

The difference now is the club have learned and can see it coming. Levy himself has been quoted as saying he’ll never allow the club to get into that position again.

Robbo likes this.
  8. thfcsteff

Ahhhhh, my bad. Profuse apologies. It appeared from your numerous posts on this that you were a tad concerned. My bad.

9. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Nah, was just having a wee bit of fun with the numerous responses. ;-)

10. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Didn't Poch just want Eriksen to take him for dinner at Noma?

Yermiyahu likes this.
  11. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

He's not a Bayern type signing either. Their model is buying low (their record transfer is still only about £40m)

12. Rorschach

Rorschach Tommy Harmer

I'd say it's Barca or nowhere, and if he does end up there Levy will get the best deal possible. Some sneaky clauses in there and Messi will end up playing for us.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2019
  13. Dicko

Dicko Gudni Bergsson

Do you think Barca would be trying to swap Coutinho with everyone this summer? Hard to believe how much they paid for him in hindsight

14. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Yes, they went for eats, but these guys eat at the very best restaurants frequently.
    Conspiracy theory 355/c

15. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Mitchell Thomas

So... Cheatski have a 2 window transfer ban (subject to appeal). If it does come into effect in the summer, this could mean they decide not to let Hazard leave (ignoring player power for the sake of argument)? Making Eriksen as a next option for Madrid? (Or Madrid as an option for Eriksen?)

16. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

They've already bought Pulisic as Hazard's replacement. Hazard walks on a free in 15 months time too, so they'd lose all fee on him if he doesn't go this summer.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  17. Rorschach

Rorschach Tommy Harmer

To be frank it doesn't take hindsight to see they overpaid for him. Liverpool did very well out of that deal.

The way that Eriksen is tending to drop a little deeper, it could be Rakatic's neck on the chopping block rather than Countinho.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2019
  18. Rorschach

Rorschach Tommy Harmer

I think you are right. There would be too much money in play to let him go on a free. Hazard to Madrid this summer looks on, and it is a good match.

19. Gazza

Gazza Jonathan Woodgate

Don't know anymore Chelsea got a transfer ban

20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

Which they will appeal
    Sell anyone they can get big money for this summer and scatter gun buys to keep them ticking over

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  21. Robbo

Robbo Paul Stalteri

This. They will no doubt drag out the appeal long enough to do their business this summer. And have the ban shortened to one window.

harr1984 likes this.