• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

Decent final I though, Juve did well in patches. What annoyed me was they got in so many good positions just outside the box but none of them tried to get a proper shot off. Didn't realise Tevez was on the pitch til 80 minutes was up he was so anonoymous.

Thought Pogba did ok, should have had a penalty and was unlucky when he tracked back won the ball and was given as a foul but for £70-£80m transfer fee as being touted I'd expect to see a lot more from him.

At first I thought Pogba should have had a penalty, now I'm convinced it wasn't a pen. He was grappling with Alves too. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Well done to Barcelona for winning their 4th CL in 10 years and the 5th overall. They deserved to win as they played much better than Juventus. Wouldn't have mind if Juventus had won either as both teams didn't have many hate-able things about them.

Always have a soft spot for Barcelona as they beat ManU twice and Arsenal once in their previous 3 CL final wins. All those who hate ManU and Arsenal should be indebted to Barcelona for that ! Compared this to a joke of a club called Bayern who humiliated themselves twice against ManU and Chelsea !

I think Spurs can learn so many things from Barcelona. Once upon a time, Barcelona was a laughing stock of European football as they never won the EC/CL until 1992. Then they got humiliated by AC Milan in the 1994 final. But now they are the most successfull European team in the last 10 years with 4 CL trophies.

Hope we can be as successfull in Europe as Barcelona some day !

that was one of the better CL finals I've seen, not that it was likely to be a disappointment with the attacking talent on display but its looking more and more like a cartel, who outside Barca, Madrid and Bayern are going to win it next year ?

My favourite bit was the collective gasp of shock from the world's hipsters when Messi tripped up and spazzed over the ball.

There's definitely Barcelona "hipsters" just as there is Real Madrid hipsters or Bayern hipsters. But I think most people would agree Messi is the best player in the world and has been for the majority of the past decade, it doesn't make them "hipsters". I know some people think Ronaldo is better, but the majority would say Messi is superior given how many trophies he has won among other things.

Once again. Wasn't talking about Real Madrid. It was mere coincidence they all just happened to play for them.

I'm mystified what your point was then? We are discussing great teams winning the CL no? The team you posted was just after Real had been dominant in the CL, unbelievable that someone as good as Ronaldo never won it or even played in a final.

I'm mystified what your point was then? We are discussing great teams winning the CL no? The team you posted was just after Real had been dominant in the CL, unbelievable that someone as good as Ronaldo never won it or even played in a final.

it was a response to:

is it just me

or

is seeing Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Giggs, Scholes etc no way as impressive when you say it as it was when your dad said he saw Greaves, Best and Pele, or when you meet someone who saw Diego

Harsh on Pirlo IMO. He is an old fella whose legs have arguably ben on borrowed time for a couple seasons. Very hard for him first-half as he did not really have the ball.

Despite appearances, he's only 36. Giggs had five years on him.

Well done to Barcelona for winning their 4th CL in 10 years and the 5th overall. They deserved to win as they played much better than Juventus. Wouldn't have mind if Juventus had won either as both teams didn't have many hate-able things about them.

Always have a soft spot for Barcelona as they beat ManU twice and Arsenal once in their previous 3 CL final wins. All those who hate ManU and Arsenal should be indebted to Barcelona for that ! Compared this to a joke of a club called Bayern who humiliated themselves twice against ManU and Chelsea !

I think Spurs can learn so many things from Barcelona. Once upon a time, Barcelona was a laughing stock of European football as they never won the EC/CL until 1992. Then they got humiliated by AC Milan in the 1994 final. But now they are the most successfull European team in the last 10 years with 4 CL trophies.

Hope we can be as successfull in Europe as Barcelona some day !

An interesting perspective. But Barcelona generally deserved their wins, it was Bayern who conjured defeat from the arms of victory. The Chelsea game in particular when the Germans, of all people, started finding penalties difficult, almost as if they were being paid not to live up to expectation. How the fudge does a German called Schweinsteiger miss penalties, its in his DNA? I can take losing finals, but this was my most depressing moment in football.

Despite appearances, he's only 36. Giggs had five years on him.

An interesting perspective. But Barcelona generally deserved their wins, it was Bayern who conjured defeat from the arms of victory. The Chelsea game in particular when the Germans, of all people, started finding penalties difficult, almost as if they were being paid not to live up to expectation. How the fudge does a German called Schweinsteiger miss penalties, its in his DNA? I can take losing finals, but this was my most depressing moment in football.

Especially after Mario Gomes missing about 10 sitters. And Robben missing a penalty in extra time. And Chelsea scoring from their first corner of the game. And after Messi missing a pen in the semis.

you are absolutly right

but

is it just me

or

is seeing Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Giggs, Scholes etc no way as impressive when you say it as it was when your dad said he saw Greaves, Best and Pele, or when you meet someone who saw Diego

I guess we don't appreciate them fully as we have them regularly

Well I'm you're dad and I saw all of them and I'm here to tell you it is as impressive. And you're absolutely right the familiarity and ease with which we can access these things does mean we'll have something else shoved down our throats by Sky as "the greatest thing ever" (not Champions League though, cos that's some brick they're showing on BT :) ) but this is genuinely an "I saw it" era. Just as much as England in '66, Celtic in '67 or Pele v Banks in '70. The fact it's in instant access 3D, HD rather than black and white won't change that.

It's nice to know I'm a "Hipster" as well, might just force out a beard to celebrate:rolleyes:

Back