• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Uvini

Same type of signing as Coulibaly or Ceballos, granted in a different position. Hopefully they turn good and will be good additions to the squad in 2 or 3 years time.

Same type of signing as Coulibaly or Ceballos, granted in a different position. Hopefully they turn good and will be good additions to the squad in 2 or 3 years time.

More importantly, with regards to the amount of games he has played... Damiao had only played a handful of games for Inter when we first looked at him in the summer. It was the major gripe that everyone had about spending ?ú10m+ on him... half a season later and everyone would spend ?ú20m+ on him.

Picking up a lad for practically scot free, AND having a 6 month grace period to evaluate and decide whether we actually think he is good enough is simply stunning work.

Looks good. Strong, smart, calm, and hard working guy. I like his size as well 6ft 1in. Good in the air too.
One thing from the video (not sure if its the case though) he doesn't seem that quick, like Dawson. But overall I like what I saw.
At one moment in the video he reminded me of Sandro and how hard he works.
I think if he keeps working hard he will prove the real deal and a better prospect than David Luiz

:rolleyes:

Looks very quick to me. One of the most encouraging aspects of that video.

On the other hand, we see little of his prowess in the air - unsurprisingly, since aerial bombardment is not a common feature of the game in most parts of the world.

Of all the reasons for bringing him to Spurs six months before he could actually play for us, I would have thought that testing his ability to cope in the air against English opposition was top of the list.

Brazil Under-20 international Bruno Uvini has joined the Club for a two-month trial period.

The 20-year-old central defender, who has won 13 Under-20 caps for his country and made eight league appearances for his club side Sao Paulo, will train and play friendly fixtures with our Development Squad with a view to a permanent transfer.

Watching that video, he certainly looks like a great prospect. Looks good on both the ground and in the air, seems to stay on his feet when necessary and generally does everything you'd hope for a defender to do. However, the thing that I'm most impressed with is his demeanour; he looks and stands like a winner. (If that makes sense =-/)

Tim Vickery, the oracle on all South American football, was on H&J (talkbrick) earlier and he wasn't impressed by this move. Saying that he may not have the qualities suited to he english game and turns like an oil tanker!

Now on that video above, i would say imo he does look like he has got something, focus, concentration and a reading of the game, plus a belief in himself.

But Vickery is usually clued up on these things and also remember Vickery is a spurs fan.:~

Watching that video, he certainly looks like a great prospect. Looks good on both the ground and in the air, seems to stay on his feet when necessary and generally does everything you'd hope for a defender to do. However, the thing that I'm most impressed with is his demeanour; he looks and stands like a winner. (If that makes sense =-/)

I see exactly what you mean! A very welcome trait in this lad.. and vital for any succesful team. Who would have thought we would have two bright young Brazilians, but both of them stone cold machines!

Plus, how much did most of those tackles/interceptions look like they could have been performed by Ledley himself!?

Always got to be careful when hoping for and hyping up bright young things (where are the other half of Utds early 90s youth team?... take a look at the disappointments of Arsenal.. not to mention the likes of Gio, Taarabt....and Rohan Ricketts!). So few fulfill the promise, it seems.

Having said that, I'm more than happy with most of what we are have on the conveyor belt. Uvini, when taken with Caulker, looks reassuring to say the least. We are definitely now approaching the very pinnacle of what can be done in this field, a welcome change from the mediocrity of yesteryear. I'd Hazard a guess we are at, or near, the top in England with regards quality and quantity of prospects coming through.

We are looking very strong if even 10% of what we are bringing through makes it to the same standard as our current first team, especially if FFP is properly enforced.

He's been clumsy and lazy in the odd appearance since the U-20 championships and needs to improve significantly if he's going to be good enough for Spurs. That said, a loan with an option to buy is still good business and IF he shows signs of the talent he's definitely got (Uvini was talked up in Brazil well before his U20 performances) then he could be an excellent addition.

He's been clumsy and lazy in the odd appearance since the U-20 championships and needs to improve significantly if he's going to be good enough for Spurs. That said, a loan with an option to buy is still good business and IF he shows signs of the talent he's definitely got (Uvini was talked up in Brazil well before his U20 performances) then he could be an excellent addition.

Ledley was accused of these traits before he sorted himself out

a1de019659b511e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Ledley was accused of these traits before he sorted himself out

the reason why king can continue for so long, despite his injury and training, is that he sees the big picture and not just the ball. so he commits and tackles only when necessary, and at which point he has already predicted exactly how and when. the rest of the time he is on "scan mode" responding to changing circumstances by positioning, and anticipating the next attack (not just the next pass).

you can see that from the way he totally relaxes once the danger is over, doesn't panic-clear the ball, breaks into a stroll etc. I'm sure while the rest of the defenders don't watch out for it specifically, subconsciously they pick this up, and it calms them as well.

(not sure if I am explaining this right; if someone has a better way of explaining this go right ahead.)

when i look at the uvini video, he has those exact traits. at times after the tackle he is totally relaxed, confident that the danger is over, even though the opposition's attack is still close by.

the reason why king can continue for so long, despite his injury and training, is that he sees the big picture and not just the ball. so he commits and tackles only when necessary, and at which point he has already predicted exactly how and when. the rest of the time he is on "scan mode" responding to changing circumstances by positioning, and anticipating the next attack (not just the next pass).

you can see that from the way he totally relaxes once the danger is over, doesn't panic-clear the ball, breaks into a stroll etc. I'm sure while the rest of the defenders don't watch out for it specifically, subconsciously they pick this up, and it calms them as well.

(not sure if I am explaining this right; if someone has a better way of explaining this go right ahead.)

when i look at the uvini video, he has those exact traits. at times after the tackle he is totally relaxed, confident that the danger is over, even though the opposition's attack is still close by.

I thought you explained it pretty well. I would just call King efficient with good awareness. I don't think he's as graceful as Abidal, but he comes close with his excellent reading of the game.

Back