• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Uvini

I'm being serious

There must be so much competition to get into the national teams at any level in Brazil

Imagine being a Brazilian bloke and having a son and thinking "I want him to play in the national team one day, at any level"

Just how impossible would that be?

The fella must be darn good, that's all I'm saying

It's not like he got in the Northern Irish B Team

img_583.jpg

I'm being serious

There must be so much competition to get into the national teams at any level in Brazil

Imagine being a Brazilian bloke and having a son and thinking "I want him to play in the national team one day, at any level"

Not sure about the U20s but the senior team play loads of friendlies as well as the high number of games in their WC qualification, so it is comparatively easy especially if you are a domestically based player.

''It's a great opportunity that came up and I couldn't let it pass me,'' Uvini told S?úo Paulo's official website.

''Tottenham are a big club with worldwide exposure, and they've asked me to present myself.

''I have just over three months to adapt myself to English football, to the club and the culture. I will grow up a lot in my professional and personal life with this choice.''
Well it sounds like the guy has his head screwed on correctly, sounds mature. Can only be a good thing if we're bringing him in on loan at such a young age - and with Sandro and Gomes in the squad he has a couple of people to help integrate him.

We've had players announce themselves before, remember that mexican english striker in the summer?

Won't believe it untill it's on our OS and I'll be very excited if it happens but until then...Meh.

I was properly pumped up and excited about the Sandro signing and that one turned out pretty good so I'll adopt the same attitude if this one goes through, we do seem to need some young centre backs round the place

I was properly pumped up and excited about the Sandro signing and that one turned out pretty good so I'll adopt the same attitude if this one goes through, we do seem to need some young centre backs round the place
Why not adopt the mentality that some had on this board for the Saha, Nelsen and Parker transfers?

We don't need Bruno
He'll never make it at the time level
My dog has better ball skills than him
Typical 'arry signing
No ambition
Serious relegation fears
etc
etc

Last edited:
Sao Paulo are good at producing players. Kaka and Fabiano were other players to come through the ranks. If your captain of Brazil U20s then you must have something about you.

We've had players announce themselves before, remember that mexican english striker in the summer?

Won't believe it untill it's on our OS and I'll be very excited if it happens but until then...Meh.

Spoilsport.

It's coming through various different media now.

I'm slightly surprised that nobody has pointed out that i spelt his name wrong in the thread title..

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=1497423/index.html

As soon as they learned that their country was to host the FIFA U-20 World Cup, the Colombian officials set about organising what they hoped would be the best world youth tournament in history. It certainly was memorable, particularly for Brazil, who shrugged off Neymar’s absence to win the competition in style. The Sele?º?úo were crowned champions for the fifth time, and ended as the tournament’s most lethal finishers with 18 goals.

Having lost the final of the 2009 edition to Ghana, Ney Franco’s young squad avenged that defeat by winning the tournament for the first time since Dani Alvez and Co lifted the trophy in the United Arab Emirates in 2003.

With the safe hands of goalkeeper Gabriel, the solid presence of central defender Bruno Uvini and the energy of full-back Danilo, Brazil were certainly well covered at the rear. The side also boasted the talents of Casemiro, who shone as a right winger, as well as fleet-footed playmaker Philippe Coutinho and clinical finisher Henrique. The latter’s goalscoring exploits saw him scoop both the adidas Golden Boot and the adidas Golden Ball awards. Then, of course, there was Oscar, who led Brazil to victory in the final with a brilliant hat-trick against Portugal – the first treble scored in a FIFA U-20 World Cup final.

Sod it, let's just buy Coutinho, Henrique and Oscar and forget about that ?ú30m Belgian kid - who would you rather have, 4 Brazilians or some Belgian?! :)

It's on Sao Paulo's OS: http://www.saopaulofc.net/noticias/...runo-uvini-espera-chamado-para-as-olimpiadas/

I'm being serious

Non EU teams don't have u21, it goes from u20 to senior team immediately. So basically think of him as being at least around the level of Phil Jones. Also to think of it this way, David Luiz is supposed to be one of the most promising young defenders in his early 20's. I know he lacks discipline but you can see he has the physical and technical ability to make it as a CB, all he needs is good coaching/mentoring to become a good defender. He only had 2 u20 caps for Brazil. Uvini has 13 right now, he might become a better prospect than Luiz. Funny enough Leigh mills who was at the time touted to become better than Rodrigo Defendi has actually retired from football know, and he was england u16 captain.

Why not adopt the mentality that some had on this board for the Saha, Nelsen and Parker transfers?

We don't need Bruno
He'll never make it at the time level
My dog has better ball skills than him
Typical 'arry signing
No ambition
Serious relegation fears
etc
etc

haha sorry my bad. Too much enthusiasm.

Spoilsport.

It's coming through various different media now.

Wasn't that Mexican on their OS as well? What was his name? What happened to that guy, young striker, fairly ugly.

As I said, won't believe it until its on the official site...

haha sorry my bad. Too much enthusiasm.

Wasn't that Mexican on their OS as well? What was his name? What happened to that guy, young striker, fairly ugly.

As I said, won't believe it until its on the official site...

The whole of Honduras was reporting that young striker coming to Spurs as well. What happened to him?

Sod it, let's just buy Coutinho, Henrique and Oscar and forget about that ?ú30m Belgian kid - who would you rather have, 4 Brazilians or some Belgian?! :)

Just been reading about Oscar, he seems a predigious talent, Internacional have just lost a court case, which ruled he should still be at Sao Paulo, maybe we can nip in and grab him (maybe pay the fee the court ruled and loan him to internacional to help our agreement), not sure what the figure was though.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...adores-player-of-the-week-oscar-internacional

[video=youtube;Y2HUTY_Kv4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2HUTY_Kv4E[/video]

Last edited:
Non EU teams don't have u21, it goes from u20 to senior team immediately. So basically think of him as being at least around the level of Phil Jones. Also to think of it this way, David Luiz is supposed to be one of the most promising young defenders in his early 20's. I know he lacks discipline but you can see he has the physical and technical ability to make it as a CB, all he needs is good coaching/mentoring to become a good defender. He only had 2 u20 caps for Brazil. Uvini has 13 right now, he might become a better prospect than Luiz. Funny enough Leigh mills who was at the time touted to become better than Rodrigo Defendi has actually retired from football know, and he was england u16 captain.

Except that Phil Jones is 19 and has played 4230 Premier League minutes, 389 Champion's League minutes and had 3 full England caps.
This lad is 20 and cant get into the Sao Paulo first team.

He's one for the future yes but he's not of the level of Phil Jones or even our own Caulker.

Except that Phil Jones is 19 and has played 4230 Premier League minutes, 389 Champion's League minutes and had 3 full England caps.
This lad is 20 and cant get into the Sao Paulo first team.

He's one for the future yes but he's not of the level of Phil Jones or even our own Caulker.

Maybe I got a bit too overexcited. But I think you need some ability to be U20 captain of Brazil, at least I hope you do.

I'm being serious

I wonder if Gilberto or Roque Junior would have got into the Northern Irish B team?

who were the previous U20 captains for brazil and where are they now?

Having represented Brazil at Under-20 level, and captaining them at the 2009 South American Youth Championship, Sandro made his full debut for the Brazilian national team as a substitute in a World Cup qualifier against Chile on 9 September 2009.

And he's at spurs. :p

Back