• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

There is the bit, though, where he says that he sold Carroll because his chakras weren't aligned.

Nearly finished-Just got to the bit where Poch mentions walker told him 6 weeks before the end of season tgat he wants to leave in the summer. He could and should've kept schtum until the end of the season season then said, which I totally agree with poch.

Nearly finished-Just got to the bit where Poch mentions walker told him 6 weeks before the end of season tgat he wants to leave in the summer. He could and should've kept schtum until the end of the season season then said, which I totally agree with poch.
Yes that was quite an insight into Poch's reaction. There had been a lot of speculation in the tabloids at the time about a bust-up between them or something along those lines but to learn that Walker gave Poch that ultimatum, ie i'm leaving and that's all there is to it, just as we approached the run-in with still an outside chance of catching Chelsea it's easy to see why Poch was so angry.

I clearly remember the post match interview at the time. Rumours were rife and the piranhas in the media smelt blood. Poch staved them off with his 'we will only sell the players we want to sell' reply. His interview was full of statements like 'we are all very calm and focused.' But hearing that in the context of all the rumours, it was a clear sign the club had already tacitly agreed to let Walker go in the summer.

In the epilogue where they ask different people their thoughts on Poch- mostly ex soton players n s few others including Hugo, who says thus in the end :

I am very committed to the club but even more to my manager. If he leaves it will put everything into question, everything. If today I feel so well it's thanks to him and Toni my gk coach. I have faith in them, I believe in them and to be happy at Tottenham I need them.

I’m 3/4 of the way through. Family keep interrupting me, the utter basrtwards

Notable Poch can see within one minute if we are up for it and will win... he keeps wondering about whether he motivated the players enough or whether they should motivate themselves. Hopefully in part 4 he realises they need to be shouted at like a cheap pony, whipped and flogged and blackmailed and threatened into starting fast and hard.

It Is interesting that What comes out is that Poch wants to treat the players like adults, and while he does shout at the players from time to time it is not the norm as Lloris points out.

I found the beginning of the book very interesting- he literally stews on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine result the whole summer until preseason and even into pre season until the international players are back from Euro duty. It really ate him up how badly the players switched off that day, which funnily enough is how most of us fans felt too, and probably some of the players too.

He comes across In The book as more of s father figure for the young players especially and what shaw says about him in the epilogue is just that- Poch was gutted he left to go to manure, and I'm sure if given the chance shaw would love to play for Poch- if he is available we need to sign him up as I'm sure he would be here for a long time - or as long as Poch

Finished the book and really liked it.

One of the things I found interesting is wanyama- Poch loves him and he comes across as someone who loves Poch and is really humble. I think if Poch had ten other wanyama s he'd be happy and I really do think we have missed his presence in our team this year. Unlike some of our squad Wanyama really does think of the team first unlike some Dier and Ali.

In fact Dier does not come out of the book too great- Poch talks about the time he had to have words with him around the United interest and I'm pretty sure that Dier is one of the players who does want to leave to join United now, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave next. Mourinho has deffo turned his head.

Ali is another one I don't think has bought in to the Poch philosophy long term and is another one I think will jump ship for money and trophies- expect City to come in for him, can't see him going to any other club in England or abroad at his age.

Genuinely, I have begun to wonder why players would want to sign for Mourinho anyway.

Money, an obvious incentive. However, knowing how dull the football will be, knowing the management will do nothing to develop you as a player? Honestly Id have major reservations were I someone like Dier.

Genuinely, I have begun to wonder why players would want to sign for Mourinho anyway.

Money, an obvious incentive. However, knowing how dull the football will be, knowing the management will do nothing to develop you as a player? Honestly Id have major reservations were I someone like Dier.

Especially young players. Going to a club of his is a career graveyard like no other.

Agree with both but Mourinho would have Dier in his preferred dm position and the Extra cash would go down well. We know how much he loves Matic- Dier is matic mark 2. He's already an England regular, he'd be pretty much guaranteed champions league football most years with United s wallet and pulling power.

He would deffo learn more from Poch, but it is easy to see how his head could be turned.

Ali is another one I don't think has bought in to the Poch philosophy long term and is another one I think will jump ship for money and trophies- expect City to come in for him, can't see him going to any other club in England or abroad at his age.

It was notable to me that Alli has decided to learn Spanish and Poch is helping him with that, talking Spanish to him... erm... does anyone else think that Alli might perhaps just perhaps just a little bit be dreaming about playing for Barca or Real one day? Or perhaps he thinks he will need to hire a pedalo in Marbella in 2040, so he is getting some practice in.

It was notable to me that Alli has decided to learn Spanish and Poch is helping him with that, talking Spanish to him... erm... does anyone else think that Alli might perhaps just perhaps just a little bit be dreaming about playing for Barca or Real one day? Or perhaps he thinks he will need to hire a pedalo in Marbella in 2040, so he is getting some practice in.

Poch is just setting him up so he goes into a meeting and unknowingly calls Florentino Perez a son of Franco's fluffy bunnies cuddling.

Hate to break it to you but auras are nonsense.

Obviously one can read a person's mood and calculating what a person is thinking without wanting to tell you is a fairly easy skill. More importantly in management is putting your ideas and needs into their heads and giving them the impression they are theirs.

That's nothing to do with auras and energies though, there's a science to it.

Errr...the GREAT managers realize you need to utilize BOTH skill-sets. As for your assertion that calculating what a person is thinking without wanting to tell you 'is an easy skill' I beg to differ. In fact, every day I witness vast oceans of humanity unable to read or calculate their fellow man in such a fashion.

I also hate to break it to you, but auras are most certainly not nonsense. Just because you don't see a Ready Brek key line of light around someone, it does not mean their aura is any less!

Errr...the GREAT managers realize you need to utilize BOTH skill-sets. As for your assertion that calculating what a person is thinking without wanting to tell you 'is an easy skill' I beg to differ. In fact, every day I witness vast oceans of humanity unable to read or calculate their fellow man in such a fashion.
That's because the vast oceans of humanity you see are dumb. People are easy to read - it's controlling them that's harder.

I also hate to break it to you, but auras are most certainly not nonsense. Just because you don't see a Ready Brek key line of light around someone, it does not mean their aura is any less!
Would you mind explaining the process by which these auras are generated and detected? I'm fairly sure there's a Nobel Prize for Physics due to you if you can.

Back