• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

suits CB in a 3 down to the ground, he would be another one that would be hard to upgrade on without spending world class money.

Upgrade I insist, don't wait til he is broken.
Credit to Conte to finding the solution for the team where it seems every play is able to play to their strengths.

Upgrade I insist, don't wait til he is broken.
Credit to Conte to finding the solution for the team where it seems every play is able to play to their strengths.

What do you mean by "don't wait till he is broken"?

He's playing really well. As always if players can be upgraded on, go for it. Right now though if we could sign another LCB as good as him that would be great. Someone not as good, but with great potential would be good too.

What do you mean by "don't wait till he is broken"?

He's playing really well. As always if players can be upgraded on, go for it. Right now though if we could sign another LCB as good as him that would be great. Someone not as good, but with great potential would be good too.

I mean he's no spring chicken and asked to play quite a demanding role, covering lots of ground. If Sess can't maintain his fitness then we should be looking for a Dvaies replacement as soon as possible. I don't think its that difficult to replace a LCB that is of Davies current standard.

I mean he's no spring chicken and asked to play quite a demanding role, covering lots of ground. If Sess can't maintain his fitness then we should be looking for a Dvaies replacement as soon as possible. I don't think its that difficult to replace a LCB that is of Davies current standard.

He'll be 29 soon. No spring chicken, but should have at least a couple of years at his very best.

Don't really see what Sessegnon has to do with it?

I think it's about balance, more than what he himself is doing.

With him and Romero in the same back 3, we are a bit vulnerable in the air.

With him, Dier and Romero in the same back 3, we are a bit vulnerable to extreme pace.

It's for that reasons we need to be looking for a young Vertonghen/King this summer, not because of Davies' individual performances.

Why replace? Bring in another to compete.

With him, Dier and Romero in the same back 3, we are a bit vulnerable to extreme pace.

It's for that reasons we need to be looking for a young Vertonghen/King this summer, not because of Davies' individual performances.
There is just the man at inter

A young Vertonghen (or left footed King) I'd be all for if that's possible. My point is more that we're not in need of an immediate upgrade which we know can be expensive and difficult to get.

Being a bit vulnerable in one or two kinds of situations is not a bad position to be in. We were that back when we had Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and peak Rose protected by a formidable CM ahead of them.

For any "upgrade" to be a real upgrade he would have to improve the areas you mention while being at least as good as Davies at just about everything else.

Bastoni? He's not that quick is he? In fact all Inter's CBs are a bit slow aren't they; but then that's not too much of an issue in that league.

Torres at Villarreal is the one I think quite fits the 'young Verts' profile

Are we that desperate for pace at the back? It's not like we play a high line.

Are we that desperate for pace at the back? It's not like we play a high line.
Not yet. I believe Conte would like the line to be more dynamic - bring able to push up high quickly to support the press if needed. Need faster players for that.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Playing his best football for us. Took a lot of stick, looked finished but hes really proving his worth. He went fudging nuts when we almost conceded immediately after going 2-1 up and loved seeing him go all Romero on their strikers at 4-1 up. Conte is really getting a tune out of him but Davies has always been a great pro for us.

I think he has been unfairly judged by a section of our fans over the years, but he is a reliable player and as you say he is a great pro and always turns up.

I think he has been unfairly judged by a section of our fans over the years, but he is a reliable player and as you say he is a great pro and always turns up.
I don’t agree
At left back he can’t do it for a top half team
At left CB… he has been very very good. He gets that role and it’s suits him

Back