• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

It sounds like an interesting discussion point and if you're a FOOTBALL FAN posting in a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD and want to discuss AVB's situation then maybe it's best to do it in the AVB THREAD.

Just a thought.

Now I'm going to go into the Leicester thread and have a go at everyone talking about Leicester. How dare they.

AVB's 10 year plan, make as much £££££££££££££££££££££££ as possible, then retire. Why do people keep hiring this fraud.

Really surprised AVB didn't get apppointed by any other European club after leaving Zenit. Maybe most clubs cannot afford his high salary and that's why he has gone to the rich Chinese club. But it seems like a short contract. I am confident he will come back to Europe soon.

Really surprised AVB didn't get apppointed by any other European club after leaving Zenit. Maybe most clubs cannot afford his high salary and that's why he has gone to the rich Chinese club. But it seems like a short contract. I am confident he will come back to Europe soon.

What makes you think that. In my opinion the best teams in England, Germany & Spain will not be interested. Maybe PSG or another french team might be interested if he's lucky.

What makes you think that. In my opinion the best teams in England, Germany & Spain will not be interested. Maybe PSG or another french team might be interested if he's lucky.

There are far worse managers at big European teams now. There are no more logic when it comes to appointing managers at club or international level now. Just imagine, Roberto Martinez became manager of Belgium, one of the strongest teams in world football, despite being a failure at a mid-table English club Everton. Frank De Boer who was so successful in Ajax was sacked by Inter after a very short time. AVB is still very young and have lot of time to become a successful manager.

I think he's probably finally found his level.

I think he's probably finally found his level.

My opinion of him is that he's not a terrible manager, far from it. He's won trophies (albeit in a one team league) and turned us into a resilient side who played to the final whistle during the first season (lets just ignore the trainwreck that was his second season for now). How much of that was down to him and not Bale is up for debate as in a lot of those games, we looked devoid of ideas going forward until Bale smashed one in from 20 yards out.

But at the other end of the spectrum on GG, you have posters who genuinely believe he is a top manager and is a shoe in for Real or Barca one day which is the highest praise you could really bestow on a current manager in the game so that must make him one of the best in the business which I find equally comical.

As Spurs 789101222323 said, I'm sure he would do a half decent job if he managed a midtable PL club, but he would have to become more adaptable than he has shown in his career so far and learn to become less stubborn.

WHAAAT? Jenas says Adebayor was the keenest gym go-er and worked really really hard... and also that AVB banned them from going in the gym.

BIZ. ARR.

Hee's an alternative point of view, from a player whom i believe i can trust:

“AVB was a ledge. He really impressed me,” he told the latest edition of Four Four Two, explaining the innovative training sessions he put on were always different and designed with the club’s next opponents in mind.

Having arrived at Spurs in 2012 following Harry Redknapp’s sacking, he guided the club into the Europa League in his first season with a club record 72 points, but Arsenal edged them to fourth spot by a point.

“He was a clever, enthusiastic coach and, away from all of that he was really nice guy,” Defoe added.

And things started well in Villas-Boas' second campaign where, according to the striker, Spurs were "flying". However, in the space of a few weeks towards the end of 2013 the club lost 6-0 at Emirates Marketing Project and then 5-0 to Liverpool at White Hart Lane leading to the manager's dismissal.

“Being a young coach, he did not have the experience of dealing with players when things were going badly and it affected him.

"He desperately wanted to do well and wanted the players to love him. It was sad the way it ended.”​

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/totte...e-under-andre-villas-boas#Ux8UISjjIQXMUKeY.99

Back