• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB out or not?

AVB out or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • Give him a few more game to turn it around

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Embarrassing results today, no doubt. One perhaps that was coming.

However, getting battered by City on its own is not something we alone have suffered; ask Manure and Norwich fans what it's like to visit the Etihad...

There was a thread started by NWD (sp?) after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss where he clearly and thoroughly stated his case as to why he thought AVB should go then.

It was a long thread, eventually locked by the mods because a lot of points were becoming the same was what was being discussed in other AVB threads.
Many many posters lambasted NWD for his beliefs and countered his points. Many many stood up to AVB

If you argued against NWD and FOR AVB in that thread but now have voted that he should go, then you are about as kneejerk as a body being given electric CPR!

It should be remembered that in Crouch's final game for us we were massacred at home by City 5-1.

The next game Ade was our striker and we went on our best run ever in the modern era.

really? even the two faced nature of it all? i must work harder then, cause its quite plain to see by those who choose to look.

i may be bitter, but i'll feel a lot worse letting people like you guys march on after spouting what i thought was some serious made up nonsense

i'll take bitter any day of the week

any chance of backing up these accusations because there's only so much bull**** i can take thrown in my direction.

How much more can you take?

How many more of these turgid, uninspiring performances can you watch before you just chalk up the season to a loss? I gotta say, living in the eastern time zone and waking up at 8:30 to watch your team lose 6-0 on your day off is an awful, awful feeling and I'm not sure I can take much more.
At least we got to see some goals finally :(

Re: How much more can you take?

1204659d1377724649-lets-talk-about-replica-watches-how-you-really-feel-about-them-boom-before-lock.jpg

Attachments

• 1204659d1377724649-lets-talk-about-replica-watches-how-you-really-feel-about-them-boom-before-lo.jpg
    1204659d1377724649-lets-talk-about-replica-watches-how-you-really-feel-about-them-boom-before-lo.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 10
You could ask the same question to Scara and Gutterboy. Both of them never pass up an opportunity to put him down and I don't see anyone asking them why they insist on mentioning a manager that left us 18 months ago and can't just focus on the positives. I would agree with you if me or KD mentioned him out of the blue, but I don't see an issue with responding to other posters' opinions about the job he did at Spurs.

Very true. It is all a bit sad really. Best period in our recent history and yet some will never seemingly just sit back and enjoy it. Whenever it is mentioned it has been talked down and belittled because of who the manager was.

Very true. It is all a bit sad really. Best period in our recent history and yet some will never seemingly just sit back and enjoy it. Whenever it is mentioned it has been talked down and belittled because of who the manager was.

I agree. People talk about him as if he was a failure. We were the MOST entertaining team in the league - we were ****ing awesome. He gave me my first taste of CL and memories like Milan and Inter.

Yet they talk about him as if this AVB guy is better (err on what ****in basis) and well he has us playing better and more successful.

Anyways

I agree. People talk about him as if he was a failure. We were the MOST entertaining team in the league - we were ****ing awesome. He gave me my first taste of CL and memories like Milan and Inter.

Yet they talk about him as if this AVB guy is better (err on what ****in basis) and well he has us playing better and more successful.

Anyways

No, not everyone. Not at all. I would counter that the continual deification of him, without any criticism, is what triggers suh to and fros from everyone. By the way, did you buy his book? I did. Good read, funny, but also confirms much of what has been said about his managerial style. I will agree he was certainly a lot more cheeky-cheerful and warm fun than AVB, much better ear-candy for us billys and monster monster for the media!

If he's lost the dressing room (according to some reports) then he hasn't got long.... But beat Man U and a few other decent results and he becomes safe again...

Lose badly to Man U and he's gone as the 'dressing room' story will arise once more.

I like AVB but he should never have said that the scum were on a downward spiral when we beat them back in March (or was it February)... They have hardly lost a game since. Don't **** off other teams! Also he said recently he wasn't concerned with our lack of goals.... Must be the only bloody one!

If he's lost the dressing room (according to some reports) then he hasn't got long.... But beat Man U and a few other decent results and he becomes safe again...

Lose badly to Man U and he's gone as the 'dressing room' story will arise once more.

I like AVB but he should never have said that the scum were on a downward spiral when we beat them back in March (or was it February)... They have hardly lost a game since. Don't **** off other teams! Also he said recently he wasn't concerned with our lack of goals.... Must be the only bloody one!

If he said that sh*t he wants to have a look at himself.

I don't like him. He is fecking boring like our goalie. No smiles in interviews, always the monotonous drone. He also talks a load of bollox but that is pretty standard with other managers, too. I just would prefer if the Spurs manager did not talk bollox.

The dressing room thing is key. All the other stuff is not worth a toss.

I just want an adventurous line up for the Euro game and an entertaining display against United. I think the scales will fall from his eyes.

I certainly hope so.

Last edited:

Anyways

Yep, the Redknapp days were fantastic. From the day he arrived. My best Spurs days. Some classic games:(

Bale's peak in a Spurs shirt coincided with some great game for both Arry and AVB - does this not skew some opinion?

id like to see Hoddle back in some kind of role - working on youth development in some capacity. ive read a few things where he talks about what's wrong with English football at a grass roots level and such - think he could have a great impact in that area

Back