• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A moment of sympathy for former Spur...

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
...Ryan Nelsen.

Named manager of Toronto FC of MLS. Owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, same inept outfit that runs the pathetic Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL and Toronto Raptors of the NBA. Stinkin' rich, stunningly stupid. Haven't won brick on a stick since the company was formed in the 1990's. Absolutely rolling in dough, though. Leafs might be hockey's most valuable franchise.

Toronto's woeful MLS team have never had a winning season. They are so bad that they rolled season ticket prices back this year to the levels of their first year, seven seasons back, roughly 40% cut overall. Otherwise, they faced the departure of many of their 19-odd thousand season ticket holders after their worst season ever under the alcoholicly-shaky hand of Paul Mariner.

Nelsen's a good man. Just hope he doesn't meet his Trafalgar in Toronto. (although a road of the same name is just west of the city).

Last edited:
BMO Field is the repository of many lost hours on bricky days spent watching De Guzman et al stumble to another barely-bothered defeat in my quest for a live football fix after I moved to the GTA. I feel for Ryan, he's landed himself a truly terrible gig. Hope it doesn't end his management career permanently.

And the Leafs are hockey's most valuable franchise. They've also gone without a championship since '67. The two should be humanly fudging incompatible, but somehow it just is.

At least his coaching career won't be tarnished by failing here, no one succeeds. MLSE exists to make money, not win things. Not even make money BY winning things.

They have a new GM, the same guy who hired Ben Olsen at DC United. Perhaps this is the sea change needed.... probably not. The contrast to Vancouver's relative success, or Seattle even, is stark. All three are expansion sides, the two west coast teams have done quite well. Montreal did quite well too. Toronto, in all sports, just doesn't.

BMO Field is the repository of many lost hours on bricky days spent watching De Guzman et al stumble to another barely-bothered defeat in my quest for a live football fix after I moved to the GTA. I feel for Ryan, he's landed himself a truly terrible gig. Hope it doesn't end his management career permanently.

And the Leafs are hockey's most valuable franchise. They've also gone without a championship since '67. The two should be humanly fudging incompatible, but somehow it just is.

Yo, wassup in the 905? From the 416. And west side upper at BMO.

I'd be surprised the Maple Leafs are the most valuable NHL franchise. If I had to take a guess, I would say:

NY Rangers
Penguins
Kings ??
Mighty Ducks - how many movies starring Emilio Estevez have been made about the Maple Leafs, huh?
Canadiens?

I suppose the Leafs would be up there.

Yo, wassup in the 905? From the 416. And west side upper at BMO.

'Sup, bro. Yeah, used to live in central before poverty caught up with me and forced me out. Found a good place in 'ssauga, though.

And I used to sit almost directly opposite you when I went to the BMO, actually. East Stand, left of center, nearer to the away fans and the ticket office. Good view, but brick is brick when viewed from any angle.

Former 416 man (back in Sydney now), lived at King and John and sat in the south end of BMO - great breeze down there at the beginning and end of the season. Brrr.

Toronto FC are so brick, cannot fathom appointing someone who's never managed before. The whole organisation is fudged - further proven by the Raptors and Leafs struggles.

Thank GHod things are looking up for the Jays...funnily enough, the only team not ruined by ML$E.

A moment of sympathy for a man who has just moved to Toronto? Are you mad? Canada's a fudging great country and Toronto is a terrific city, I'm jealous as fudge!

so Nelsen has left QPR mid-season, given up on them and thought fudge a relegation battle and gone to manage a club in Canada?

LEGEND!

What a fudging farce Toronto FC are. He will indeed be back at QPR for at least some of the rest of the season.

The first ever player/manager, playing and managing different clubs.

Report on Talksport that he could still play against us this weekend.

He'll still be here at the weekend.

Why should he not take up such an opportunity ? He's been at the club 5 months. QPR have zero loyalty to the players. Luke Young not even registered to play in the PL, Dyer scores at the weekend, now released, Bosingwa .

He'll still be here at the weekend.

Why should he not take up such an opportunity ? He's been at the club 5 months. QPR have zero loyalty to the players. Luke Young not even registered to play in the PL, Dyer scores at the weekend, now released, Bosingwa .

You asking me or just asking a rhetorical question?

Back