• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

Yeah right because using unproportionate force on the Syrian population kept that civil war down to a few days.

That's a totally different scenario, where each side in the war is backed by an actual military. Gun nuts against the full force of the US government wouldn't last long, but it would be horrific all the same. Remote chance that it'd happen, but I do think there is a possibility.

The whole civil war thing is just another NRA inspired myth perpetuated by its supporters and apologist for the gun lobby.

Civil war didn't happen in Australia when they got rid of the guns.

And frankly if gun owners won't respect the rule of law in America then they should not have guns.

it is not about sanity. No sane person would deny that American gun laws need reform.

The issue is that NRA will fund a candidate to run against any politician who suggests gun control. If you want power in America, you don't want gun control. It is a disgusting, fudged-up society.

If the Americans won't change their gun laws when a man walks into a primary school and murders little kids at Sandy Hook, they are never going to.

All Americans are responsible for this. Every one of them. As discussed before if they wanted change they could do it. But in the end they don't. They like it how it is.
How are all Americans responsible? Many are for stricter gun control...

This is a brief, but rational look at where the position is in the US and where to go from there:
http://freakonomics.com/2013/02/14/how-to-think-about-guns-full-transcript/

It's a similar point to the ones I've been making. Guns have a long life expectancy, so any law that only affects new guns will do little to help. If you try to get people to give up their guns you only get the ones that are very unlikely to be involved in a shooting. Far better to try to improve treatment of the mentally ill than to take one of the many weapons available to them away.

This is a brief, but rational look at where the position is in the US and where to go from there:

It's a similar point to the ones I've been making. Guns have a long life expectancy, so any law that only affects new guns will do little to help. If you try to get people to give up their guns you only get the ones that are very unlikely to be involved in a shooting. Far better to try to improve treatment of the mentally ill than to take one of the many weapons available to them away.

And that's going to happen......they are such a caring bunch!

It's more likely to happen than getting everyone to hand in their guns IMO.

Both have sadly little chance of happening..
Civil War gets my vote. No one in the US can bitch when it happens, well they would to busy having candlelit vigil instead anyway.

Both have sadly little chance of happening..
Civil War gets my vote. No one in the US can bitch when it happens, well they would to busy having candlelit vigil instead anyway.
Hopefully it's atheists vs the rest, it's been a while since this planet had a decent religious cull.

To be truly effective now it would have to be done 30 years ago so we shouldn't do it now?

I think the argument is that it's likely to be quicker, cheaper and more effective to tackle the mental health issue than the gun one.
I agree fully with fixing mental health problems. But this is not a viable short term solution either. It's not like the US has worse mental health problems than all other countries, yet so many mass shootings.

Must be a multi pronged attack. "This is a mental health issue" is essentially just a conservative and NRA talking point and red herring.

Why not both?

I agree fully with fixing mental health problems. But this is not a viable short term solution either. It's not like the US has worse mental health problems than all other countries, yet so many mass shootings.

Must be a multi pronged attack. "This is a mental health issue" is essentially just a conservative and NRA talking point and red herring.

i believe that it's a fundamental role of government to reduce costs at all times. Tackling the gun issue will be incredibly expensive, take a very long time and not guarantee the results everyone expects it to.

A responsible government should be looking at reducing the number of deaths in a way that considers the tax payer.

i believe that it's a fundamental role of government to reduce costs at all times. Tackling the gun issue will be incredibly expensive, take a very long time and not guarantee the results everyone expects it to.

A responsible government should be looking at reducing the number of deaths in a way that considers the tax payer.

In America their first priority is looking out for themselves, then their campaign donors (like the NRA, big corporations, conservative religious groups).

DOCk2vbW0AAl9gA.jpg

Donations from the NRA:
DOCk3I4WAAAh_TB.jpg

What is, of course, unsaid is that all these shooters are on the autism spectrum and on Big pharma drugs to manage their condition. (I guess you'd have to be on the spectrum to commit this type of crime)

America's rate of autism is going through the roof. (some people are saying that it could as high as 1 in 4 boys by 2025).

So you have big pharma making them autistic with their drugs and then arms companies giving them guns. the perfect storm. No wonder you have mass shootings every week.

On the positive side, everyone is making money. So no one intervenes.

You gotta love America.

What is, of course, unsaid is that all these shooters are on the autism spectrum and on Big pharma drugs to manage their condition. (I guess you'd have to be on the spectrum to commit this type of crime)

America's rate of autism is going through the roof. (some people are saying that it could as high as 1 in 4 boys by 2025).

So you have big pharma making them autistic with their drugs and then arms companies giving them guns. the perfect storm. No wonder you have mass shootings every week.

You gotta love America.
Way to belittle mental illness and tragic death. Nicely done.

You gotta love America.

I don't doubt the shooters are mentally ill, but what's autism got to do with it? I don't recall reports of autistic people in the UK going out and having punch-ups all the time or mass stabbings every week.

As for big pharma making people autistic, iirc the gun-nut types are the types who also avoid vaccines due to the bad science/conspiracy theories of connecting them with autism.

Back