• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best live recorded performances ever

I was fortunate enough to see the Kate Bush before the dawn concert and it was astounding. It was recorded but it's not been released yet.
With Kate you never now if it will be.

Yep. The very same.

I've seen that gig many times. Gilmour is a master craftsman. He's chocolate for my ears.

Floyd are probably my favourite band of all time, but i have been lucky enough to see Gilmour as well and as you say he is magic.

Floyd are probably my favourite band of all time, but i have been lucky enough to see Gilmour as well and as you say he is magic.

You are lucky. I've never seen them live and probably never will. However, that does not dim my admiration for them and Gilmour in particular.

I came to Floyd late. Probably due to my evolving music tastes (and they have changed radically as I have got older) and unusually through one of their less famous/popular albums which I got from somewhere or another. The album was A Momentary Lapse of Reason. It certainly doesn't stand out as one of their best but it was enough to pique my interest in the band and ultimately it led me on to their more celebrated work.

To say they don't make music like that anymore would be almost too obvious a statement. It is almost like it is too pretentious to even attempt to try to make music of that scope and style anymore.
When is the next Pink Floyd or ELO going to show themselves? I'll listen.

Tangential pointless anecdote: I saw a kid play Shine On in the pub there a good few years back and he was incredible. Absolutely amazing guitar player and singer, and great stage presence too.

Edit: Sam Brown is singing in that vid too!

Last edited:
You are lucky. I've never seen them live and probably never will. However, that does not dim my admiration for them and Gilmour in particular.

I came to Floyd late. Probably due to my evolving music tastes (and they have changed radically as I have got older) and usually through one of their less famous/popular albums which I got from somewhere or another. The album was A Momentary Lapse of Reason. It certainly doesn't stand out as one of their best but it was enough to pique my interest in the band and ultimately it led me on to their more celebrated work.

To say they don't make music like that anymore would be almost too obvious a statement. It is almost like it is too pretentious to even attempt to try to make music of that scope and style anymore.

Tangential pointless anecdote: I saw a kid play Shine On in the pub there a good few years back and he was incredible. Absolutely amazing guitar player and singer, and great stage presence too.

This is a bit Pink Floyd-y. He's a yid too

This is a bit Pink Floyd-y. He's a yid too

Is he a yid? There ya go. I'll give him a little more love because of that.

I've seen him him in a festival relatively recently. This tune does sounds a little Pink Floyd like but it is a bit of an outlier. That's not his normal MO. Good artist though.

I came to Floyd late. Probably due to my evolving music tastes (and they have changed radically as I have got older) and unusually through one of their less famous/popular albums which I got from somewhere or another. The album was A Momentary Lapse of Reason. It certainly doesn't stand out as one of their best but it was enough to pique my interest in the band and ultimately it led me on to their more celebrated work.

First time i saw Floyd was in 1967 ( below), i had actually gone to see Hendrix ( who at that time had reinvented what you could do with a Ax), the whole show was excellant and i was blown away by Floyd. Since then i have always tried to see them and as i said earlier they are ( probably) my favourite band.

m671117c.jpg

Back