• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Almost identical to the goal he gifted West Ham when we played them in November. Walker is poor positionall, but he's better at defending then Trippier, but Trippier is better going forward. I'm not particular convinced by either of them.

I'm far happier with the left backs, both aren't spectacular but are better defensively than our right backs.

Trippier didn't do anything wrong yesterday but you can't judge him defensively on a side that didn't attack

I was stunned at hi wife to he was left on his own on our right trying to create it all his left with no support. He did well all things considered

Almost identical to the goal he gifted West Ham when we played them in November. Walker is poor positionall, but he's better at defending then Trippier, but Trippier is better going forward. I'm not particular convinced by either of them.

I'm far happier with the left backs, both aren't spectacular but are better defensively than our right backs.

Walker for me is our best full back defensively, or at least if one ignores what he does on the ball from time to time gifting opponents chances.

His positional play is much improved, to the point that I struggle to see what the problem is with it. And one on one defensively he's outstanding.

Trippier didn't do anything wrong yesterday but you can't judge him defensively on a side that didn't attack

I was stunned at hi wife to he was left on his own on our right trying to create it all his left with no support. He did well all things considered

The goal possibly? It was his side. Leaving Defoe one on one when they broke from a free kick of ours in 2nd half.

Walker for me is our best full back defensively, or at least if one ignores what he does on the ball from time to time gifting opponents chances.

His positional play is much improved, to the point that I struggle to see what the problem is with it. And one on one defensively he's outstanding.

I don't see much improvement personally. He's better one on one than Trippier though.

The goal possibly? It was his side. Leaving Defoe one on one when they broke from a free kick of ours in 2nd half.

The goal was down his side but for whatever reason the scorer was being marked by Alli

Defoe one on one came from the his mistake on the free kick but that was an attacking error IMO

Thought that he played well today and came so close to scoring on a couple of occasions.

I'm not even sure now whether I prefer to see Rose, or Davies, at left back. I'm just happy that we have that choice.

Surely there's no one left willing to argue that he's not a good fit for our system under Pochettino?

Very good game against a park the bus side. His quality on the ball is great for us in games like these.

Surely there's no one left willing to argue that he's not a good fit for our system under Pochettino?

Very good game against a park the bus side. His quality on the ball is great for us in games like these.

You'll still get those saying Rose is better going forward. It's like they don't watch us play.

You'll still get those saying Rose is better going forward. It's like they don't watch us play.

But the argument earlier wasn't "Rose is better going forward" it was "Davies doesn't fit our style of play and never will" (paraphrasing).

Rose is better going forward in some situations. Davies is better than Rose going forward in other situations.

But the argument earlier wasn't "Rose is better going forward" it was "Davies doesn't fit our style of play and never will" (paraphrasing).

Rose is better going forward in some situations. Davies is better than Rose going forward in other situations.

I think the consensus was more that Davies didn't get forward much at all, which is wrong.

I think the consensus was more that Davies didn't get forward much at all, which is wrong.
Davies used to stop and lay it off inside most of the time, which was frustrating as we would spend 10 passes knocking it around to get it out to him... then he'd just give it back to Eriksen to do the same 10 passes so we could try to get it back to Davies... etc... but recently he's been a lot more penetrative IMO. He says without looking up years of heatmaps etc. Hopefully his confidence is up and he will continue to take people on and go for those 1-2s, and he will start to place shots inside the back stick.

I think rose has been more penetrating with his forward runs but Davies on Saturday was Balesque with the skill and pace in the area

He out in a top drawer performance and is showing how good he is

Davies used to stop and lay it off inside most of the time, which was frustrating as we would spend 10 passes knocking it around to get it out to him... then he'd just give it back to Eriksen to do the same 10 passes so we could try to get it back to Davies... etc... but recently he's been a lot more penetrative IMO. He says without looking up years of heatmaps etc. Hopefully his confidence is up and he will continue to take people on and go for those 1-2s, and he will start to place shots inside the back stick.

He's developing a better understanding with the players around him and ahead of him and has settled in more playing in our system. Important to remember that with last season being a bit disappointing for him and Rose doing well Davies still only has 21 league starts for us. It taking "this long" for a 21-22 year old full back to settle in really isn't a surprise at all.

Not sure him being "more penetrative" would show up on heatmaps. There's also the case of our attacking formation being a bit different with Dier often dropping very deep when we attack giving the full backs more freedom to go forward and stay forward.

I have been saying for a while that Davies should be our first choice LB, he was a bit raw when he came but at 22 years old he has a big future.

Back