• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Everton

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 6

Walker - 6
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Rose - 7

Dier - 8
Bentaleb - 6

Mason - 6
Dembele - 6
Chadli - 5

Kane - 5

Subs:
Alli - 6
Pritchard - n/a

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Alder - 7
Vert - 8
Rose - 7

Dier - 8
Bentaleb - 6

Mason - 5
Dembele - 6
Chadli - 6

Kane - 5

Subs:
Alli - 6
Pritchard - 5

Dier and Rose stood out for me.

Dier might actually be a DM solution for us.
Rose was great defensively and Chadli seems to play better with him in side.

Verts worth a mention due to how much better he played today vs. a couple of times this season.

Well done to Poch re knowing Everton would be physical, think we set up to counter that, and did so very well.

Lloris 7 Not much to do, but what he did, he did well.
Walker 6 Apart from that howler he was okay.
Alder 7 Very composed.
Vertonghen 7.5 Best performance for a long time.
Rose 8 Really strong and competitive, never gives up.
Dier 8 Could make it the holding role.
Bentaleb 6 Okay, apart from his rolling around like he'd been shot and silly conceded free kicks.
Chadli 6 More involved today, but not much came off.
Mason. 6 He's a nearly man I'm afraid, especially in front of goal. Just freezes. How many chances from two yards out can a player miss?
Dembele. 6 Like last week he saw a lot of the ball and like last week and the time before and the time... he did nothing with it.
Kane 6.5 Needs to relax and stop coming so deep to get possession.

Harsh on Dembele imo - he set up Kane and was it Mason? (only for them to fluff their lines).

Lloris 7 Not much to do, but what he did, he did well.
Walker 6 Apart from that howler he was okay.
Alder 7 Very composed.
Vertonghen 7.5 Best performance for a long time.
Rose 8 Really strong and competitive, never gives up.
Dier 8 Could make it the holding role.
Bentaleb 6 Okay, apart from his rolling around like he'd been shot and silly conceded free kicks.
Chadli 6 More involved today, but not much came off.
Mason. 6 He's a nearly man I'm afraid, especially in front of goal. Just freezes. How many chances from two yards out can a player miss?
Dembele. 6 Like last week he saw a lot of the ball and like last week and the time before and the time... he did nothing with it.
Kane 6.5 Needs to relax and stop coming so deep to get possession.

I was going to do my own but no need....this is spot on for me and the way I saw things to.

Thought we had players all at 7s for me

Yes we didn't score but Christ we were miles better than them

We liked very solid defensively

As the game went on the midfield controlled the ball more and more in everyone's half

Yeah we fluffed out lines in goal but they were all good saves as well as misses

Strong performance with opinions clouded by the lack of the vital goal IMO

lloris - 7

walker - 6
alderweireld - 7
vertonghen - 8
rose - 8

dier - 8.5 (MOTM)
bentaleb - 7

dembele - 7
mason - 7
chadli - 7

kane - 7

lloris - 7

walker - 6
alderweireld - 7
vertonghen - 8
rose - 8

dier - 8.5 (MOTM)
bentaleb - 7

dembele - 7
mason - 7
chadli - 7

kane - 7

Pretty much what I think

I know we will have plenty do fabs slate the performance but we were really string without the finishing touch

Lloris 7 - not much to do but did well when he had to
Walker 6 - brainfart first half could have cost us dearly, otherwise decent
Alderweireld 6 - solid, love those long diagonal balls of his (eat your heart out Michael Dawson)
Verts 8 - seems to have got his mojo back at last, that great run and shot second half was none too shabby
Rose 7 - the odd dodgy moment but great to see him back, feisty and owning left flank and adding the occasional decent cross to boot
Bentaleb 6 - better from him
Dier 8 - looking like we have found our DM at last, easily our MotM with awesome tackling and surprising physicality and attitude
Dembele 7 - decent contribution, but a tendency to overdo it at times. Hope hos injury is not too serious
Mason 8 - superb early ball out of defence to put Kane through deserved a better outcome; came close to scoring himself more than once. Overall though it has to be conceded he just lacks that extra bit of finesse and control to add to his impressive pressing game, that star quality that would take him up to the level of a Scholes or a Modric
Chadli 6 - showed good skills on the ball to trouble their defenders so all the more frustrating that his final ball was often wayward
Kane 6 - put in a good shift front and back but seems to have lost his midas touch atm. It'll come.

Subs

Alli 6 - this fella looks the dogs gonad*s does he not. Has invention and intelligence as well as athleticism. Will be interesting to watch him develop over the next couple of seasons
Pritchard n/a - great to see him make his debut

Poch 7 - got starting 11 about right but would like to have seen Pritch come on ten minutes earlier so he had time to help create something different up front

My ratings:

lloris - 6 - Didn't really have anything to do, but some poor distribution.

walker - 6 - Had an OK game. Would have given him a higher score were it not for that one lapse and also if he could just offer the pace and width that he's there to do. He received the ball lots of times and just looked for the long pass when under no pressure.
alderweireld - 8 - I thought he looked quite solid with Vertonghen. Had a good chance to score a goal, but he was really strong with Lukaku
vertonghen - 8 - Same as Alderweireld. He looked really dangerous in the second half driving into space.
rose - 8 - Good game. Kept a very powerful Kone quiet.

dier - 8 - The best of our players. Looks like a DM.
bentaleb - 6 - Better from him, but he lacks an urgency for me today. He also gave away a few silly fouls.

dembele - 7 - He may slow things down at times, but he also keeps the ball. I felt very sorry for him getting injured and it looked quite bad.
mason - 7 - I thought he had a really good game until he was moved to the right. Then he went missing.
chadli - 6.5 - A good game with a few chances created but should have scored.

kane - 7 - Got in good positions and had the chances but didn't put them away. Also dropped too deep, but not helped with the inside forwards not offering anything when he did drop deep.

Alli - 6.5 - I thought he was almost trying too hard.
Poch - 7 - I thought he could have brought Pritchard on earlier. It was obvious Mason was uncomfortable as an inside forward.

Ref - 4

Performance was very good against a reaonably decent side. Add in Son, Njie and hopefully another CF and I can see us finishing 5th or 6th again, which is all we can really hope for til the new stadium is done

Rose, Dier and Mason all did very well if you ask me.

Cant wait til the window is closed and the season can start properly

I think you're being harsh on Chadli. He was lively today and set up two big chances for Mason and Kane. I don't think it's fair to say that most things he tried didn't come off or that his final ball was wayward.

My ratings:

lloris - 6 - Didn't really have anything to do, but some poor distribution.

walker - 6 - Had an OK game. Would have given him a higher score were it not for that one lapse and also if he could just offer the pace and width that he's there to do. He received the ball lots of times and just looked for the long pass when under no pressure.
alderweireld - 8 - I thought he looked quite solid with Vertonghen. Had a good chance to score a goal, but he was really strong with Lukaku
vertonghen - 8 - Same as Alderweireld. He looked really dangerous in the second half driving into space.
rose - 8 - Good game. Kept a very powerful Kone quiet.

dier - 8 - The best of our players. Looks like a DM.
bentaleb - 6 - Better from him, but he lacks an urgency for me today. He also gave away a few silly fouls.

dembele - 7 - He may slow things down at times, but he also keeps the ball. I felt very sorry for him getting injured and it looked quite bad.
mason - 7 - I thought he had a really good game until he was moved to the right. Then he went missing.
chadli - 6.5 - A good game with a few chances created but should have scored.

kane - 7 - Got in good positions and had the chances but didn't put them away. Also dropped too deep, but not helped with the inside forwards not offering anything when he did drop deep.

Alli - 6.5 - I thought he was almost trying too hard.
Poch - 7 - I thought he could have brought Pritchard on earlier. It was obvious Mason was uncomfortable as an inside forward.

Ref - 4

Absolutely ridiculous ratings....

....for the ref I mean. He was awful and barely deserved a 1. Rest are bang on.

Absolutely ridiculous ratings....

....for the ref I mean. He was awful and barely deserved a 1. Rest are bang on.

Ha! You're probably right. I'll revisit when I watch the game on TV! I couldn't see a lot of the decisions, but it just seemed too one sided. I do want to see that penalty claim again. I was hoping that it was one, but opinion was split from those around me.

Lloris - 6 - did everything asked
Walker - 6 - one sloppy moment, otherwise ok
Vert - 7 - better than last two appearances
Alderweireld - 7 - solid as well
Rose - 8 - big improvement on Davies
Dier - 8.5 (MOTM) - if that had been the first DM performance of a new signing, we'd be doing cartwheels
Bentaleb - 6 - an improvement
Dembele - 6.5 - was having good second half before injury
Mason - 6.5 - decent showing, but not suited to right side
Chadli - 7 - most consistently dangerous of 3 behind Kane
Kane - 6 - will be disappointed tonight

Alli - 6 - not suited to right side
Pritchard - N/A - looking forward to longer run-outs

Back