• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Yep my mistake...of course he was in our half when the pass was made and ran on and scored.Forget my previous post please lol.

Graham Poll was on talksport earlier saying it was a bizarre decision, actually feel sorry for quite a few people that had big bets on us winning 3-1 id be even more ****ed not getting a nice bonus!

Apparently it was that lineos first game in the premier says alot lol

Thought Chris Foy was generally awful during the whole game missed so many things particularly the shove on Kane on lead up to their goal, please retire Foy you old ....!

Thought Chris Foy was generally awful during the whole game missed so many things particularly the shove on Kane on lead up to their goal, please retire Foy you old ....!

I blame Foy more than the Linesman (especially as Foy is in the frame when the pass is made, and both he and Jan are in our half)

Foy is always ****, every ****ing time I see the guy ..

Definitely the worst decision I've ever seen in a Spurs game - something like the Mendes goal had mitigating circumstances, it was unexpected, the linesman was behind play etc - but this... you could see the situation unfolding and I was watching Vertonghen's position as Paulinho lined up to pass to him, and saw straight away he was well in his own half, which was the only relevant question. Linesman clearly didn't know the rules, which is shocking and he should never get another game.

Even if Vertonghen had been standing alone on the Sunderland penalty spot,he would have still have been onside as the ball played to him came from our half of the pitch..why is this so hard to understand.

:eek:

Have you been reading Harry' blog?!

[TWEET]556768688037437440[/TWEET]

Referee Chris Foy’s decision to disallow Jan Vertonghen’s goal in Tottenham’s win over Sunderland is indefensible, says former referee Dermot Gallagher

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, Gallagher gave his opinion on five controversial incidents from an exciting weekend of Premier League action.

Jan Vertonghen's disallowed goal

WHAT HAPPENED: With Sunderland goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon out of his goal, Tottenham counter-attacked in the closing stages. Jan Vertonghen was played through on goal by Paulinho and duly slotted the ball into the empty net but was flagged offside by the linesman despite being at least four yards inside his own half when the ball was played.

Jan Vertonghen was given offside despite being in his own half.

DERMOT’S VIEW: “One thing I learned when I was a referee is don’t defend the indefensible. It was a big error, there’s no doubt about that. I wonder if the linesman has seen the goalkeeper up and his thoughts are there is only one defender back. And he’s completely lost sight that he’s in his own half. He’s four yards inside his own half, there is no doubt whatsoever. It’s an error and he’ll be very, very upset. It’s a shame as when it got to 90 minutes at the weekend, I turned to Howard Webb and said ‘what a great weekend it’s been so far’ and then it went into stoppage time and that happened. Howard cuffed me around the head and said ‘thanks very much, Derm’.”

Lol I read it. It gets better as you read the comments. He behaves like the spoilt kid at a birthday party when told that he cannot have his own way. Goes off on one calling everyone bellends for having a differing opinion to his own and cannot admit he got it wrong.

So is the rule that there must be two players between the goal and the ball? Well why run back after a dead ball if the keeper is up? Everyone goes in the box and stays there. Any pass forward is offside. Someone had thought that through!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

So is the rule that there must be two players between the goal and the ball? Well why run back after a dead ball if the keeper is up? Everyone goes in the box and stays there. Any pass forward is offside. Someone had thought that through!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

You are joking, right?!

Lol I read it. It gets better as you read the comments. He behaves like the spoilt kid at a birthday party when told that he cannot have his own way. Goes off on one calling everyone bellends for having a differing opinion to his own and cannot admit he got it wrong.

I posted a load of replies yesterday, none of which made it through. He is a bit of a plonker - first I thought he was serious, then I thought he was attention seeking. Now I just think he's quite quite odd.

Back