• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

A fairly safe selection; haven't about eight of our last league wins been by that scoreline?

I said before the game 2-1 Eriksen last gasp winner and to be fair I don't really think I was sticking my neck out....unfortunately I wasn't sticking my hand out with cash in it either...

Good GHod that Harry Hotspur is a nob.

Have removed his articles from my newsnow feed. How can you take a football blogger seriously if they don't even understand THE measure of football fan-ness the bloody offside rule! :lol: what a prat

I'm stunned that some don't know the offside rule, it really is quite basic in this instance, it's actually starting to wind me up thinking about it! That HH blog is not only embarrassing for HH but a few others that entertain his interpretation of it - I mean how can you run a football blog and not understand the basic rules?!

I'm stunned that some don't know the offside rule, it really is quite basic in this instance, it's actually starting to wind me up thinking about it! That HH blog is not only embarrassing for HH but a few others that entertain his interpretation of it - I mean how can you run a football blog and not understand the basic rules?!

Maybe he doesn't believe it at all. Just looking for attention and ad revenue I'd say.

Maybe he doesn't believe it at all. Just looking for attention and ad revenue I'd say.
Judging by some of his replies lower down, I think you give him too much credit, he seems to really believe it to me and not only continues to defend it, but is dismissive of those who highlight his error.

Can't be offside when you're in you're own half when the ball is played....

Yes I know and understand that, but if there is two man which rule takes priority? If the two man rule exists then it seems open to abuse.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Judging by some of his replies lower down, I think you give him too much credit, he seems to really believe it to me and not only continues to defend it, but is dismissive of those who highlight his error.

I haven't read any of it to be honest. My mind is still pure.

Yes I know and understand that, but if there is two man which rule takes priority? If the two man rule exists then it seems open to abuse.

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

The question of which takes priority doesn't arise, simply because it cannot. As in, if you can never be offside when receiving the ball in your own half, then you can NEVER be offside when receiving the ball in your own half. Full stop, end of story.

Let's all go and have a cup of tea shall we? :lol:

Ok thanks for baring with me on that, have to say that I've never heard of that rule.

Notmegov - i think you mean to say if the final pass is played in the opposition half, rather than received in the opponents half

Ok thanks for baring with me on that, have to say that I've never heard of that rule.

It is a silly rule.

On the offside rule: if an attacking player is offside because the defense actively plays him offside with a well organized trap, is not the opposition player active in play? I mean, sometimes a well organized defense will get punished in these situations because a 2nd attacking player can reap the benefits of a defense who's now at a stand still... Probably badly explained but... Anyone get what I'm saying?

It is a silly rule.

On the offside rule: if an attacking player is offside because the defense actively plays him offside with a well organized trap, is not the opposition player active in play? I mean, sometimes a well organized defense will get punished in these situations because a 2nd attacking player can reap the benefits of a defense who's now at a stand still... Probably badly explained but... Anyone get what I'm saying?

Strangely I do. Even inactive players can affect the game.

Notmegov - i think you mean to say if the final pass is played in the opposition half, rather than received in the opponents half

I believed received is correct. It is about the receivers position and whether they are deemed active. It doesn't matter where the pass comes from. You can be offside from a goal kick.

Back