• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Would be as pointless as Steven Pienaar or Danny Murphy IMO. Instant deadwood
If we do sign him I think you will be pleasantly surprised GB. I really like him as a player. And I think he ticks a few boxes for what we need, right now especially.

Some new ITK:

S.L Kearney ‏@stuartlkearney
@gstobart what's the crack with Rabiot?

Greg Stobart‏@gstobart
@stuartlkearney Will join on loan eventually! Spurs want to negotiate an option

I actually dont think Delph for £3m is a bad deal at all. Would compete with Mason for the more attacking CF role and I think he would suit Poch's tactics down to the ground. I dont think we'll get Schneiderlin and he's more a Bentaleb replacement/competitor for the more defensive role.

Given the lack of available players in Jan, I would take selling Paulinho and Capoue and signing Delph for £3m and perhaps Rabiot on loan. Dembele and Bentaleb for the DM role, Mason and Delph for the attacking role - much better balance, more suited to Poch plus a massive profit which could get us the attacker we need

His temperament, and rumors of his attitude sometimes flaring, would worry me personally. I also don't think Delph would go in January for 3 mill. I could see Villa asking for at least 10! Yes, silly I know, but it's January...

Would be as pointless as Steven Pienaar or Danny Murphy IMO. Instant deadwood

No he wouldnt be deadwood at all - he has skill, and crucially is energetic. Is at an age where he's matured, but still young enough to improve under the right stewardship. Our CM positions still look light, maybe not in numbers of CMs but in terms of the type of CM we need to tick. Past Mason and Bentaleb I dont think we have the correct back up and I could easily see this guy being the type Poch would like to implement into our system....

His temperament, and rumors of his attitude sometimes flaring, would worry me personally. I also don't think Delph would go in January for 3 mill. I could see Villa asking for at least 10! Yes, silly I know, but it's January...
I wonder weather there is something in the Sherwood comments last year about the team being too nice and Poch wants a little grit in the oyster.

He is obviously not scared of signing problems who can be a handful otherwise Southampton would not have signed Osvaldo.

is there any chance of having a new locked thread, with only ITK updates from other boards/twitter. These discussions are getting annoying as ****

I wonder weather there is something in the Sherwood comments last year about the team being too nice and Poch wants a little grit in the oyster.

He is obviously not scared of signing problems who can be a handful otherwise Southampton would not have signed Osvaldo.

I think he wants the kind of steely grit that Lloris, Fazio, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane have, not the mindless recklessness of someone like Delph. Poch has seemingly been working to calm our own angry man down (see Rose becoming a much more responsible character)

Osvaldo was an old teammate of his, so was perhaps an exception. Notice though the ruthlessness with which he disposed of him the second there was any indiscipline.

I think he wants the kind of steely grit that Lloris, Fazio, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane have, not the mindless recklessness of someone like Delph. Poch has seemingly been working to calm our own angry man down (see Rose becoming a much more responsible character)

Osvaldo was an old teammate of his, so was perhaps an exception. Notice though the ruthlessness with which he disposed of him the second there was any indiscipline.
I think that it is risky making assumptions about what type of players Poch may or may not want. If we are not careful we end up projecting our preferences onto him.

The fact is that he has signed troublesome players in the past. There have been question marks about whether our team is too nice. So it is not impossible that he might want to sign some players who add a bit of edge to us.

that is exactly right mate, furthermore, all that ITK is solid if not unspectacular. one of the best things about Poch is that if people just spend a little more time to read between the lines, it isn't hard to see what he's doing on and off the pitch.

I don't think you even have to read between the lines, it's fairly obvious what is going on and it's just a shake out process for the greater good.

Poch is a realist, we cannot fill our team with galaticos and we certainly don't have a bottomless pit of money, so the only option open to us is to have a 'TEAM', one that is greater than the sum of its parts. Any player that thinks they're greater than the team or even one of their team mates can go on their merry way.

This won't happen overnight, and as long as Poch acts fairly and honestly, the ones that buy-in will respect him more with each day that passes, and if Mr Levy can be rock solid in his support we may just get somewhere half decent.

trix / @TrickyVilla

Heard a whisper.....

That we may look up Norf for a loan deal for a former Poch Favourite to get us through till the Summer. Lots of ifs and buts involved but it is something being looked at.

Actually think this could be a fairly clever move on our part, and would allow Kane to continue as first choice and give us decent cover from a player who knows what is expected from him in MP's system.

Confirmed to be lambert

Back