• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Finally got round to watching Gone Girl. What a let down. A great story let down by a ludicrous ending.

I watched it the other night. Really enjoyed it until the end. My Mrs has read the book and said the ending is much different and gets properly finished in the book but the film is also substantially different in many other places.

I've just had Once upon a Time in the West arrive through my door today.

Also the double set of Flags of our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima which I have not seen and am rather looking forward to.

A month ago I remembered how eBay is a great source of DVDs at appealingly low prices.

Anyone seen Foxcatcher yet? The real Mark Shultz is kicking off an absolute ****storm about how he was portrayed in the film, I'm intrigued...

Anyone seen Foxcatcher yet? The real Mark Shultz is kicking off an absolute ****storm about how he was portrayed in the film, I'm intrigued...

Ya It's on solarmovie ... Great performances by steve carroll, Tatum and mark ruffalo imo .... Mark Shultz is portrayed as being very dim and easily led so i can see why he was annoyed

Watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on the plane back to Oz. What a cracking film! Would love to have seen it on the big screen.

I have started the "man with no name" box set.

Its so bad its good, actually in all seriousness its amazing and the score is out of this world

Ohhh lots of screeners about as its awards season coming up

Unbroken, Birdman, Foxcatcher, Whiplash, American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Into the Woods, Big Eyes & The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

Ohhh lots of screeners about as its awards season coming up

Unbroken, Birdman, Foxcatcher, Whiplash, American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Into the Woods, Big Eyes & The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

Big Hero 6, Inherent Vice and The Gambler out now

Unbroken is superb, top top film

Saw Theory of Everything
Hard to be definitive about what I thought as I kept getting distracted by Eddie Redmayne's performance and how stunningly good he and his physical rendition of Hawking was.
Also Felicity Jones was distracting in another way, she looks so good that in the later stages I couldn't buy her as an older woman, just saw her as a younger person being made up to look older.

It is a nicely sympathetic portrait of a relationship and both parties within it.

Watched a movie called sightseers last night, sweet jesus I have not laughed that much in years. Please watch if you have not already, seriously funny.

Watched a movie called sightseers last night, sweet jesus I have not laughed that much in years. Please watch if you have not already, seriously funny.

Saw this advertised at a cinema couple of years back and it never came on at the Odeon, so bought it on PPV in the end. Definitely worth a watch

Alien and Aliens are two if my favourite films...total masterpieces

Watched Alien Resurrection what a pile of crap

Back