• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

He may not have scored but at least he worked the keeper. You sound as if you have written him off already
He did the same last season too.

Like I said, I hope Poch fixes whatever's wrong with his head but I think there's a lot of academyplayeritis on this forum.

So along with Sacra you are another hater, well I knew there were a large number on this forum
People are entitled to their opinion Naija. I don't see anyone going overboard in their criticism, so I don't think that there is any need to label people haters or put people into groups.

So along with Sacra you are another hater, well I knew there were a large number on this forum

People are entitled to their opinion Naija. I don't see anyone going overboard in their criticism, so I don't think that there is any need to label people haters or put people into groups.
I'm certainly not a hater, I just don't rate him as highly as many others seem to.

I'm pretty indifferent towards Andros Townsend. It would be nice if he stopped shooting pointlessly at goal. He's 24 and he's scored one fluke goal in 1,297 minutes of league football for us.

He made a big impact on the game. Once the game went down to 10 vs 10 we needed someone like him who would work the Spammers defence and drag them across the pitch. He doesn't have the instincts of a wide forward as seen today when he stayed wide during the passage of play that lead to Dier getting through on goal, but that's something he could have coached into him. He's certainly useful but he needs a little something more to his game to be worth starting every week.

I think the Lennon bashing is slightly off too. He and Lamela were both quiet, but then with 10 men we were pretty much kept back in our own half.

I'm pretty indifferent towards Andros Townsend. It would be nice if he stopped shooting pointlessly at goal. He's 24 and he's scored one fluke goal in 1,297 minutes of league football for us.

Firstly he is 23, secondly I think it is pointless in judging non strikers by the number of goals they score else one could feasiblybe tempted to say Modric was a poor player because he only scored 13 goals league despite being a starting 11 player for 4 seasons. Now tell me what his goal per minute ratio

Firstly he is 23, secondly I think it is pointless in judging non strikers by the number of goals they score else one could feasiblybe tempted to say Modric was a poor player because he only scored 13 goals league despite being a starting 11 player for 4 seasons. Now tell me what his goal per minute ratio

Its right to judge Townsend on goals as the only thing he ever does is shoot.
Even Modric has a better goal ratio for us than him 13 in 10,691 minutes.

I think he looks a useful player -- he can make an impact from the bench or as squad cover and he's a Spurs lad!

If that continues to be the case his Spurs career will be over sooner rather than later.

The hope is of course that he can improve on his decision making and get more involved in pass and move play.

I think he looks a useful player -- he can make an impact from the bench or as squad cover and he's a Spurs lad!

Agreed. Did well yesterday and caused problems for West Ham at times after coming on.

Will be interesting to see if Poch can change him a bit. Decisions making, movement and defensive work are all things he supposedly improved quite drastically with some players at Southampton.

Townsend has a lot of raw ability, strikes the ball really well with both feet, can dribble, is fast. That's a good basic combo.

I think thats a tad unfair. Ive always said this and ill say it again, players without the bal make the pass and not the player with the ball and by that I mean good movement in or around the box. Its difficult to pass when for example every player is marked and your main striker Ade isnt moving in the box but languishing there. Townsend does shoot more often than not but that was last year lets see this year... I suspect last year AVB wanted Townsend to assume the role of Bale and 'bail' us out - the reliance on one player conjuring something.

If that continues to be the case his Spurs career will be over sooner rather than later.

The hope is of course that he can improve on his decision making and get more involved in pass and move play.

Agreed. Did well yesterday and caused problems for West Ham at times after coming on.

Will be interesting to see if Poch can change him a bit. Decisions making, movement and defensive work are all things he supposedly improved quite drastically with some players at Southampton.

Townsend has a lot of raw ability, strikes the ball really well with both feet, can dribble, is fast. That's a good basic combo.

Yesterday I though he was pretty much spot on in this regards. Laid it off at the right times and shot when it was a good option too. Certainly a more mature performance from him and thankfully not one where he chased the limelight, as has characterised his performaces in the matches leading up to the Word cup selection.

I think thats a tad unfair. Ive always said this and ill say it again, players without the bal make the pass and not the player with the ball and by that I mean good movement in or around the box. Its difficult to pass when for example every player is marked and your main striker Ade isnt moving in the box but languishing there. Townsend does shoot more often than not but that was last year lets see this year... I suspect last year AVB wanted Townsend to assume the role of Bale and 'bail' us out - the reliance on one player conjuring something.

To some extent for the first point. But when one player shoots and dribbles a lot more and passes a lot less than the other players in the same team it's also got something to do with that player on the ball.

Townsend for us played very similarly to how he played for QPR I think. If AVB deserves blame it's for not properly helping him change that.

Yesterday I though he was pretty much spot on in this regards. Laid it off at the right times and shot when it was a good option too. Certainly a more mature performance from him and thankfully not one where he chased the limelight, as has characterised his performaces in the matches leading up to the Word cup selection.

Agreed, but very early days still. Did seem to be a bit more head up, but based on one sub appearance... I guess we only have to wait and see.

I think both Lamela and Eriksen showed a lot of hard work and even discipline, will be interesting to see if Townsend will show the same when given a start. I hope so.

The first shot he took on was decent though, he worked himself into the space on the edge of the box, took one touch on the turn and smashed it. After that though we had 2-3 chances where our players all lined up 20 yrds out all trying to work some space to hit it goalwards, Bentaleb being the main one to succeed. I think the shots came as a result of how the Sham were defending. There was no room for a silky through ball apart from the time when Kane dropped right off, but in that instance their back line was positioned well outside their area and there was space in behind, whereas on all other counts they were on the edge of it or just inside.

I don't know what just happened to my post. It disappeared.

Here we go again.
SSN just reported 10 million offer from Southhampton.

Back