• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. And we need the sort of 'extra' he brings...

One of my priorities this summer would be a Naybet/Davids signing. I feel that we could have brought through the new signings last summer at lot easier with some experience alongside them.

One of my priorities this summer would be a Naybet/Davids signing. I feel that we could have brought through the new signings last summer at lot easier with some experience alongside them.

Again agreed, excellent point. These players have done things within the dressing room/training pitch we never see.

He got totally over run in midfield when we played them at the Lane early last year when he was up against Parker and Dembele. For me he is done.

So, either reading between the lines, or jumping to conclusions, I'd say that Sandro is to leave and Cambiasso to arrive. In which case, NO!!

Cambiasso is 34 this summer. A good player in his day but he will not cut it in the PL at that age. The pace will be too much for him and I think this move would do absolutely nothing for us.

The stories about this guy coming over haven't yet relented and if anything have gained momentum. A free signing to help some of the younger players along is fine, so long as we don't slow their development by reducing their 1st team exposure.

He was a terrific player in his hey day. No idea what he's like now. But agree with Milo's line of thinking.

Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder which would suggest the more you see of him the less we will see of Sandro, now that concerns me greatly. Secondly, after signing Capoue last summer do we really need another defensive midfielder? Furthermore is it really worth moving on one of the afore mentioned players for a 34 year old? Cambiosso may be experienced but I question is current level of ability is an upgrade on what we already have.

On a free he could be a good signing for a number of reasons:
*Gives Pochettino an experienced argue lieutenant in the squad
*Might help Lamela
*Our squad is young and lacking in leadership as can be seen in our horrendous record in big matches last season

If Poch wants him, even a short term stop-gap, DL should back him.

I still think had AVB got Moutinho in that Aug window, things could have been a lot different. Not saying one is better than the other, its just the point of giving the new manager players HE wants not somebody elses choice

Well I wouldnt go that far, but I think he could have been the difference between 5th and 4th 2 seasons ago

If Poch wants him, even a short term stop-gap, DL should back him.

I still think had AVB got Moutinho in that Aug window, things could have been a lot different. Not saying one is better than the other, its just the point of giving the new manager players HE wants not somebody elses choice

It's not a question of comparing the players. It's more the fact that their situations aren't comparable.

If Poch does want Cambiasso, and if he wants to come to Spurs, then there should be no problem because he is a free agent. Moutinho's situation was altogether different. Part owned by Porto and part owned by a third party. It was therefore a very complex deal. The fee was in the region of £25m and when Spurs thought that it was finally agreed, the goalposts were moved at the last moment, leaving no time to complete the deal.

I'd like Cambiasso here. He's won several trophies, and could help our younger lads like Lamela and co. cope with the pressure that comes with chasing trophies and trying to win games against big opponents. Plus, for a player nearing 34 he was pretty damn consistent last season, and his age would help Pochettino as per NWND's 'grizzled old lieutenant in the squad' argument.

Get him in on a two-year contract (if he's amenable to it: three wouldn't be out of the question if he'd be willing to mutually part ways after 2015-2016 should the club offer it to him) and you'd have a low-risk, high value signing that provides good cover/competition for Sandro should Capoue depart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back