• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

It's probably back in the archives somewhere, but if I recall we spent a lot of time with the inside, seat to pitch distances, etc. Not sure how people think it looks like Wembley or Emirates, but not too worried at this point. 58K here we come

Aside from the Kop end, the dips/wavy seating in in the corners, the size of the tiers look exactly the same as do the roof supports. theyve even got us a classic gooner 'clock end'! Benfica's stadium looks the same too. I guess this the current identikit design these days.

article-0-06F90E03000005DC-840_634x381.jpg

Emirates_bowl_credit-Hufton+Crow-990x465.jpg

I think we've missed the Emirates/Luz/Wembley generation of stadium design. The original Nou WHL came from that gen, but we're 10 years past the green-lighting of those stadiums now so I'd very much hope for something more up to date/next gen.

I think we've missed the Emirates/Luz/Wembley generation of stadium design. The original Nou WHL came from that gen, but we're 10 years past the green-lighting of those stadiums now so I'd very much hope for something more up to date/next gen.

To be honest Im happy with the old design, which looks like it wont be out of place in years to come. We are not building a stadium for just a few years. To build something "snazzy" which looks good in 2014 could look laughable by 2024.

To be honest Im happy with the old design, which looks like it wont be out of place in years to come. We are not building a stadium for just a few years. To build something "snazzy" which looks good in 2014 could look laughable by 2024.

I like the old (new) design too, very much so. I really dislike any design that doesn't look like a football stadium - those ones that look like art galleries or airport terminals (ed: or snakes) are not my thing at all - so new WHL ticks that box for sure.

But I think it's right to say the design is based on a 10 year old template at this stage.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that the template before that was probably seen in the likes of Derby, Boro and Sunderland - those stadia were among the first of the post-Taylor wave of new stadia to be built and all have a similar concept. After that generation came Emirates/Wembley/Luz/Aviva and those other bowls.

So I think we should be part of the generation after that again, which doesn't necessarily mean snazzy or faddish, but rather as fresh and up to date as possible. I suspect that is what is going to happen, at least going by the suggestion a month or two back that new architects were looking again at the existing plans.

Tottenham are considering a temporary move to Wembley Stadium after an enquiry to buy Upton Park was rejected, Sky Sports News has learned.

Spurs are looking at options for a temporary home whilst a proposed new stadium is built.

It is understood the club made an enquiry this season about buying West Ham's ground but it was rejected. West Ham agreed a deal with a London property developer in February.

A Spurs source has said the club's intention has always been to stay in Tottenham following their failed Olympic Stadium bid.

Tottenham and West Ham have both declined to comment and will neither confirm nor deny whether the north London club wanted to buy Upton Park.

Spurs did confirm on Wednesday that they hope to move to a new stadium by 2017.

A statement on the club's official website read: "It is a major development that will present ongoing challenges and, subject to these challenges being manageable, we anticipate going out to tender for construction late this year which will make a stadium opening date of summer 2017 feasible."

The club are waiting on the outcome of a public inquiry that was held last April before they can move forward with completing the land assembly.

This has delayed the acquisition of the remaining property needed for the land to build the stadium and they are waiting on the decision from Eric Pickles, the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, on the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO).

Chairman Daniel Levy said in a statement on the website: "We have fantastic, strong support. Our current 36,000-seater stadium sells out and the waiting list for season ticket holders is currently in excess of 47,000. We cannot stress strongly enough how critical the new stadium is over the long-term to these raised expectations.

"We have the smallest capacity stadium of any club in the top 20 clubs in Europe, let alone the current top four Premier League clubs, and given we now operate within UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, an increased capacity stadium and associated revenues is fundamental to supporting the future ambitions and consistent achievement at the top of the game."

The club announced that they had made a £1.5m profit for the year ending 30 June 2013. This comes after they made a loss of £4.2m in 2012. Revenue also went up by 2% from £144.2m to £147.4m.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9245114/tottenham-consider-temporary-move-to-wembley

Temporary switch to Wembley would actually suit me perfectly. Piece of pi ss to get to on the train from where I live.

What are all your thoughts on this?....

Purchasing the properties during a rising property market that is predicted to carry on rising for a few more years and also purchasing them at independent valuations set now, when (presumably) the property will be worth a lot more after the regeneration has taken place. Is this good for THFC or ENIC?

On another note I guess it is good to see them put up a £40 million unsecured loan. Seems as though they really are now just waiting for a successful CPO decision on Archway Steel on Paxton road to get started.

I also wonder whether the AIA sponsorship being such a long one indicates that they will also be sponsoring the stadium?

This is the crux of all of this for me, it should be the club that profits from this, not Enic. Why I think they are no better than the Glazers. Every last bit of profit from the surrounding projects should be going to pay for the stadium and future club projects like academies abroad. As I have said, I await for the details from someone that is going to dig through the bu llsh it o see what Enic are taking out of this before I break a smile.

I will be certainly be looking at this part of Enic's family at company records in a few years time.

TH Property Limited

Last edited:

This is the crux of all of this for me, it should be the club that profits from this, not Enic. Why I think they are no better than the Glazers. Every last bit of profit from the surrounding projects should be going to pay for the stadium and future club projects like academies abroad. As I have said, I await for the details from someone that is going to dig through the bu llsh it o see what Enic are taking out of this before I break a smile.

I will be certainly be looking at this part of Enic's family at company records in a few years time.

TH Property Limited

My understanding was the money from enic for the properties the club doesn't need was used to build sainsburys/the college and therefore without loan(maybe?). I assume these would generate the club money through rent...

It has never been an option for club sides to play at Wembley. There is an old by-law enshrining that there can never more than (something like) 15 football matches there per year.

Someone has just not done their research.

It has never been an option for club sides to play at Wembley. There is an old by-law enshrining that there can never more than (something like) 15 football matches there per year.

I thought this same with Twickenham too, only so many games can be played per year

The only thing I can find on that is this:

Brent Council's planning officers had proposed a limit of 22 sporting events and 15 non-sporting ones for the new stadium, until work is finished on a £36m overhaul of Wembley Park tube station.

The limit on events will stay but only for two years after the stadium opens for business.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/774000.stm

I thought this same with Twickenham too, only so many games can be played per year

It is certainly true with Twickenham. Arsenal have played Champions League games at Wembley in the past, so there may be some leeway

It is certainly true with Twickenham. Arsenal have played Champions League games at Wembley in the past, so there may be some leeway

Wembley for a season would be a huge logistical nightmare for me personally, I can see it being a season of stubhubbing my ticket

Importantly, this support leaves the Club in a position where it currently has negligible net debt and has financing for the material ongoing costs of taking the stadium project to the next stage. It has always been important that the daily operations and football side of the Club remain unaffected and that the Club has the stability to enable the Board to move the project forward with confidence.

Wow! That sounds very very positive to me. It almost suggests that we can finance the stadium- though I am not sure what "the next stage" is, so maybe there is some smoke and mirrors. Overall though, I am so, so glad that we have such a professional Board of Directors. We are very very lucky because if we do get this stadium, we really will be in a position to compete with the big clubs of Europe.

Back