• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

We've had two managers now saying that it is taking him a while to settle into life in England. I know that it isn't as much fun as conspiracy theories but maybe they were telling the truth.

Truth has nothing to do with this debate.

I'd say drop Ade, though he at least seemed awake in the second half today.

Another for my cause. Drop Adebayor, call up Lamela. I think the only difficulty with that change is the question marks created over the role of Eriksen in the team. At the moment, we are playing the AfricanSpurs wonky 442. But, if we drop Adebayor, and call up Lamela, the formation surely changes to more of a 4231, does a wonky 4231 work as well?

I say 433 with all three up front. Sherwood would be comfortable with this right?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

Drop Soldado before Adebayor. Even when Adebayor is a bit **** he helps our shape. Don't think selling Defoe is a good idea when we are playing two up front. He's pretty good in a partnership.

I think alot of us really really want to see Lamela off the frontand have for some time.

looking forward to it.

'We have Adebayor, Soldado, Erik Lamela will play off the front, that will be his best position, Nacer Chadli could also do that and I think they have goals in them.

'They are having a settling-in period now but hopefully they'll be more settled by the time Jermain leaves at the end of February.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hairdryer-time-spark-Spurs.html#ixzz2qBVxURAy

\o/

I'm not really sure I'd like to hinge 3 months of the season on hopefully?

Well, he's describing that as one of several options. So it's not like we're putting all of our eggs in that basket.

But 3 of the 4 options he's described are new signings who all need to settle in (2 of them have shown almost none of their talents so far) and the 4th one is a player with a reputation for going off the boil....

But 3 of the 4 options he's described are new signings who all need to settle in (2 of them have shown almost none of their talents so far) and the 4th one is a player with a reputation for going off the boil....

Far from ideal, just pointing out that we're not hinging our season on that one "hopeful"

Ah sorry, I didn't bold the Lamela bit, it was already bolded, I bolded the 'hopefully they'll' bit.

I think at least one or two of them will eventually come good, I just hope we don't look back on a 3rd or 4th consecutive season where buying a striker upfront could very well have given us that extra final push to get into the CL!

If Tims plan of giving him this bit of time to get fully fit and settled works, we have a fresh player of great ability that is an unknown quantity for defenders here. The potential boost could just give us the edge to finish top 4.

If Tims plan of giving him this bit of time to get fully fit and settled works, we have a fresh player of great ability that is an unknown quantity for defenders here. The potential boost could just give us the edge to finish top 4.

To steal a Wenger line ... "he'll be like a new signing". Which is true really, can't see many of our rivals getting a £26m player in the next few weeks.

In view of the deep cynicism earlier about Sherwood's ability to properly deploy and utilise Lamela, his recent quotes have been very refreshing.

In view of the deep cynicism earlier about Sherwood's ability to properly deploy and utilise Lamela, his recent quotes have been very refreshing.

It was all unfounded cynicism of a player that has been injured for the majority of the time he has been manager.

Most complaints about the handling of Lamela has been aimed at AVB.

Still very early days under Sherwood, he's at least shown some willingness to start Lamela before his injury.

Back