• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

The last thing we need is a big man up front. We're doing enough hoofing from the back as it is. We need a passing midfield who can dictate play from the centre of the pitch.

I must've missed the route one balls to Soldado. When have we been doing this?

I must've missed the route one balls to Soldado. When have we been doing this?

Usually not to Soldado. But we play the most long balls per game in the league.
And when we're pinned back in our own half constantly (like we have in our last 2 league games), a big man upfront will be be the obvious outball to a team outnumbered in midfield.

Last edited:
Who said they were?

You said it would be a step down, so as he plays for Everton, the post suggests that he would be stepping down from Everton.

Not sure you can bring Man U in to the discussion. As they're an alternative to us, so it's neither a step up nor down.

You said it would be a step down, so as he plays for Everton, the post suggests that he would be stepping down from Everton.

Not sure you can bring Man U in to the discussion. As they're an alternative to us, so it's neither a step up nor down.

The whole ****ing thing was about Man Utd :ross:

It was? :oops:

Ok, I jumped in to the picture of Baines, using my phone, and jumped to the wrong conclusions. Sorry.

No worries.

I dont think we had ever been linked with Baines, but Man Utd have been due to the obvious Moyes/Everton connection. I think they'd rather Baines than Coentrao, I think most people would though.

Usually not to Soldado.But we play the most long balls per game in the league.
And when we're pinned back in our own half constantly (like we have in our last 2 league games), a big man upfront will be be the obvious outball to a team outnumbered in midfield.

Where did you get that stat?

Would love us to sign Benteke in January, don't see why it wouldn't be possible either. Villa would be very reluctant sellers but he would move if an offer of the right sort was made, of that I have no doubt. I think he would suit us perfectly, leaving us with a collection of forwards who have a multitude of different assets and qualities.

Having said that, I do quite like the idea of Pato if the rumours in relation to our interest were true. I think a left back and a forward in January are a must and we should be looking to spend what is neccessary to get the right players within reason. I don't want us to avoid buying a player just because in January it will cost that little bit more. If we make those two positional signingsin January then it could well be the impetus to a very strong finish.

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 2m
Reliable @dimarzio claims we are to make a offer of €20M to Dinamo Zagreb for young, highly rated midfielder Halilovic.

Oh look :ross:

Its from Opta.
Here it is on http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014
Go down to 'Pass types' and sort by long balls per game

In fairness that stat is skewed as we play more long balls per game than some other teams just because we have more possession.
A better stat is what percentage of your passes are long balls. Even then we're poor: Our long ball percentage is 13% and going through teams one by one Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke (!!!) and Swansea's long ball percentages are less than 13%.

Last edited:
In fairness that stat is skewed as we play more long balls per game than some other teams just because we have more possession.
A better stat is what percentage of your passes are long balls. Even then we're poor: Our long ball percentage is 13% and going through teams one by one Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke (!!!) and Swansea's long ball percentages are less than 13%.

There is only 4% difference between us and Arsenal in the number of long passes which ain't much after so few games and considering they are a lot more familiar with each other and their system than we are.

It be interesting to find out if keepers are included in those stats.

Rossi is 8 in 8 this season for viola, probably out of our range but he looked very good yesterday, certainly wouldn't say no.

Rossi is 8 in 8 this season for viola, probably out of our range but he looked very good yesterday, certainly wouldn't say no.

I wanted him before Villarreal sold him Fiorentina. He would have been a gamble and a big one at that given the problem he has had with his knee over the last 30 months but at the money they would have wanted having been relegated, he would have been a gamble worth taking.

Once Fiorentina were interested though it was never going to happen.

Back