• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I was saying all of this last season and got shouted down. He holds on to it too long, when an early pass is begging to be made and gets dispossessed and knocked off the ball too easily for a man of his build. Bit of a light weight if you ask me. Would have moved him on before Dempsey, who at least scored.

I was also saying this last season and got shouted down, it's funny how fans get blinded by 'New Signing Syndrome' He's a new signing therefore he cannot possibly have any weaknesses.

He slows down our play, has done since day one, always will. He plays like a school kid and its a massive weakness in his game

Said it after Palace and Swansea - he offers absolutely nothing in the creative sense. His main contribution is that he can keep the ball and build from the back. However, he should not be allowed to get past the half way line.

I'm getting disillusioned with Dembele. I don't think he's playing at his level right now but don't know why,

I'm getting disillusioned with Dembele. I don't think he's playing at his level right now but don't know why,

I think he's still injured and playing within himself a bit, he's lacking in strength as well right now. Should have had an operation in the summer I reckon.

I think that the issue with Dembele is that he is being asked to play a more advanced role at the moment. I think that it is no coincidence that his career really took off when he was converted into a central midfielder under Jol.

Moussa is class on the ball, glide past people for fun and is good in the tackle. I think in a 3 man midfield he excels but not as a creative player. He and pailinhio should be fighting over a spot in our current 2 man midfield. With Holtby or Eriksen the man behind the striker.

I like Moussa but he does look a bit slow at the moment.

I think that the issue with Dembele is that he is being asked to play a more advanced role at the moment. I think that it is no coincidence that his career really took off when he was converted into a central midfielder under Jol.

Pretty much this.

He's still a good player, still does everything he used to, it's just that he's being asked to do things he's not really suited to.

fickle fickle bunch Spurs fans :lol:

dear GHod

Bit rich coming from you seeing how quickly your right some players off or turn on others.

Dembele has been poor for a period of time now, not a poor player but not what we thought we were getting when we paid 15m for him.

Bit rich coming from you seeing how quickly your right some players off or turn on others.

Dembele has been poor for a period of time now, not a poor player but not what we thought we were getting when we paid 15m for him.

What on earth were you expecting? You clearly hadn't seen him play at all then if you expected more. He was like this at Fulham. The reason you probably rated him before and expected more is because you watched him on MOTD rip apart Man Utd for Fulham.

He's a class player. A rich mans Jenas? **** me. Some Spurs fans really are mongs. He's being played more advanced in a system that doesn't suit him. His best football was alongside Sandro, it's no surprise Sandro got injured and his form deteroirated, he was partnered with Parker and was played deeper of the two. He hasn't got the belief in his own passing/shooting ability to play that far forward. He's much better suited to bossing central midfield by winning it back with his strength, maybe beating a man or two and giving it to someone more creative to do damage.

This is very sad if true as I believe Dembele has the ability required for this role.

I'm sure he mentioned in an interview last season he doesn't like shooting. I imagine that is a confidence issue? You never really see Dembele try and play a splitting pass, even when one is on. That just strikes me as someone who isn't confident he can make the pass despite having the ability too, because I've seen him play great passes in the past.

He hasn't really performed for us like he did for Fulham. Can't work out why but he seems a shadow of the attacking threat that destroyed Man Utd and us in a FA cup tie. There is a player in there somewhere, we just haven't found it. I don't buy the fact that we are somehow playing him out of position. As far as I can tell he has quite a roving brief, especially when played with Sandro or Capoue and Pauline.

I'm sure he mentioned in an interview last season he doesn't like shooting. I imagine that is a confidence issue? You never really see Dembele try and play a splitting pass, even when one is on. That just strikes me as someone who isn't confident he can make the pass despite having the ability too, because I've seen him play great passes in the past.

Doesn't like shooting and won't play a splitting pass when one is on. Doesn't bode well does it?

For the record, Jenas was exactly the same. A confidence player. When he was up on confidence he looked very good, when that confidence was knocked he turned into the 'pass sideways safely' player we remember.

No one has explained why he is being played in a forward role when he has none of the atributes needed for such a role. Yes he can dribble, so why isnt he being used deeper? Failure to shoot and pass are not confidence issues because he has played in exactly the same vein ever since he started here.

I was disappointed when we bought him not because he's a bad player, but because he is nearly opposite on the spectrum to Modric - a good dribbler and nice to watch, but a meh passer who never releases the ball quick enough and lacks vision in the final third. We're already slow enough when it comes to our passing, no reason to compound it.

Obviously his chronic injury is hurting him, but I would really prefer Holtby or Capoue to Dembele in most games as the 'creative' CM. Still a good squad option though.

I dunno if it is just me, but he also looks a bit chunkier than before. I guess he is pretty beefy anyway but looks like he is carrying a few extra pounds? Is that why he is always subbed off?

Back