• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

cardiff-city-home-kit.png

Bye bye Bluebirds!

I know this is old story but it just isn't right the way Cardiff have ditched their traditions just for more Asian money.

Bye bye Bluebirds!

I know this is old story but it just isn't right the way Cardiff have ditched their traditions just for more Asian money.

i thought that, but then if you look back of many clubs kit history, a hell of a lot have totally changes there colour during their history (and im talking once a colour has been establish, not like late 1800s when it was park football)

i thought that, but then if you look back of many clubs kit history, a hell of a lot have totally changes there colour during their history (and im talking once a colour has been establish, not like late 1800s when it was park football)

I think we also look at it from the perspective of Spurs turning red. If Cardiff started playing all white, it would be a different story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22722605

Season ticket holders at newly promoted Cardiff City are being given a say on the colour of shorts for the Premiership kit.

It follows a backlash on social media when the club unveiled designs on Wednesday.

The home shirt remains red, and the shorts were shown as an even darker shade of red.

Now fans are being asked to vote on colours for the shorts - either white, black, or two other tones of red.

"The decision had been made as a means to help visually distinguish the club in the Premier League, while continuing the theme of our successful 2012/13 Championship winning season," said the club in a statement.

"The resulting response carried across social media quickly indicated that a large number of supporters were unhappy with the choice of colour concerning the shorts.

I hate almost all the red-shirt teams but I can understand why Cardiff changed their traditional shirt from blue to red. Red seems to be the colours of most of the successfull teams in English football history. ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Nottingham Forest, Sunderland, Burnley and Sheffied United have won a total of 68 league titles between them. Outside England, there are the likes of AC Milan, Bayern, Ajax, PSV, Barcelona and Benfica who wear red shirts as well.

Last edited:
I hate almost all the red-shirt teams but I can understand why Cardiff changed their traditional shirt from blue to red. Red seems to be the colours of most of the successfull teams in English football history. ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Nottingham Forest, Sunderland, Burnley and Sheffied United have won a total of 68league titles between them. Outside England, there are the likes of AC Milan, Bayern, Ajax, PSV, Barcelona, Benfica who wear red shirts as well.

It worked for them though, if you believe that whole superstition thing.

Maybe we should wear red for a season and see - go on - we should all try it just once eh.

That wasn't why they changed, though. Tan was quite explicit, according to what I read, that he wanted red shirts expressly to appeal to the Asian market, because red is considered a "lucky" colour in the far east. I'm surprised they haven't got rid of the bluebird altogether and stuck a rhino horn or a pair of tiger's gonad*s on the club badge. As it is, it's been relegated to an afterthought right at the bottom.

Last edited:
I hate almost all the red-shirt teams but I can understand why Cardiff changed their traditional shirt from blue to red. Red seems to be the colours of most of the successfull teams in English football history. ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Nottingham Forest, Sunderland, Burnley and Sheffied United have won a total of 68 league titles between them. Outside England, there are the likes of AC Milan, Bayern, Ajax, PSV, Barcelona and Benfica who wear red shirts as well.

Two greatest teams ever in European football wear white shirts.

Go wash your mouth out. NEVER red.

It must be said, we had the red colour Thomson/Mansion sponsor logo from 2002-2010 on our shirts. And we won the 2008 CC and qualified for CL during that period. And we have failed to qualify for CL since then after removing that red colour sponsor logo.:lol:

It must be said, we had the red colour Thomson/Mansion sponsor logo from 2002-2010 on our shirts. And we won the 2008 CC and qualified for CL during that period. And we have failed to qualify for CL since then after removing that red colour sponsor logo.:lol:

Fair enough. I'm convinced. Lets change to a red strip.

:eek:

Spurs-Home-2011-12redsmall.jpg

Go for it.

Back