• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Statto, who was the last player to score 8 games in a row for us?

That is an awesome record.

The Inter player was nowhere near the ball. I mean, nowhere. Not even close. So whether Bale 'left his leg out there' or not, the Inter player needs to prevent contact, because he is nowhere near the ball. If anyone says he was going 'too fast to stop' yet thinks Bale 'dangled' a leg to 'receive' contact, then sadly we are living on different planets. The ref could choose to just get on with it. As Superted said, why not book the defender too, for 'diving to avoid looking guilty'? It's pathetic really...

It's inconsistent refereeing.

Lennon was fouled the same way TWICE in a few minutes by Periera and both times he got the foul and Periera was booked on the second occasion.

I get what you say, but i'd wager Periera was booked for the number of fouls he had committed rather then the specific foul at the time.

Which would make is a little less inconsistent, but there's no way to know for sure.

But is Barry Bale better than Walcott? If only we had some sort of creative video analysis....

But is Barry Bale better than Walcott? If only we had some sort of creative video analysis....

Don't be ridiculous, Walcott is English. Plus, he scored that amazing best ever never before seen hat-trick against Croatia for England the other week. Right?

So Bale has now scored 10 goals in his last 8 games and 14 goals in his last 14 matches....

P0204_zps72fe97d0.png

...not to shabby, is it?

A1907_zps186b604f.jpg

A1907_zps186b604f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

One Jesus, just look..... he's not a naughty boy, he IS the messiah

Not sure I agree with that Jurgen, if referees are not awarding us penalties for any other reason than, they didn't think it was a penalty, then they are the problem not the player. Referees are there to make decisions based on the discernible facts as they (and their assistants) see them. They are not supposed to second guess themselves or make adjustments because of reputatations or previous transgressions.

Well the players have to look at themselves. They are the ones making it difficult for refs. I can see why refs are hesitant to give a penalty if its borderline the way the players throw themselves to the ground these days.

The Inter player was nowhere near the ball. I mean, nowhere. Not even close. So whether Bale 'left his leg out there' or not, the Inter player needs to prevent contact, because he is nowhere near the ball. If anyone says he was going 'too fast to stop' yet thinks Bale 'dangled' a leg to 'receive' contact, then sadly we are living on different planets. The ref could choose to just get on with it. As Superted said, why not book the defender too, for 'diving to avoid looking guilty'? It's pathetic really...

It doesn't mean you a bad fan if you admit, even once that Bale dives. I don't know who's more biased about their club, you or Phil Thompson.

It doesn't mean you a bad fan if you admit, even once that Bale dives. I don't know who's more biased about their club, you or Phil Thompson.

Bale has gone done easily in the past, it's something we have been seeing less and less as he "rides" challenges more now.

For me, he played the defender last night, there was contact and the defender was no where near the ball, by the rules = penalty

Well the players have to look at themselves. They are the ones making it difficult for refs. I can see why refs are hesitant to give a penalty if its borderline the way the players throw themselves to the ground these days.

players are going to try to deceive the refs, they'll pull shirts, they'll obstruct, they'll get in sly kicks and elbows, they'll handle the ball, they'll get in offside positions, we have refs because the players cannot be trusted to not cheat, why should players refrain from one cheating action and not others

Bale has gone done easily in the past, it's something we have been seeing less and less as he "rides" challenges more now.

For me, he played the defender last night, there was contact and the defender was no where near the ball, by the rules = penalty

Contact does not equal a foul. There is nothing in FIFA's rules that says contact is a foul, it's are you fouled? Yes or no?

And the fact that he was nowhere the ball is irrelevant, Johnny Evans was nowhere near the ball when he gave Torres the slightest of nicks, Torres was rightly sent off for exaggerating the contact. If I push you in the box with my little finger, is that a foul? That is football not flower arranging.

He clearly dragged his leg against the Inter player, he's not the only one who does it, but we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and refuse to admit our players ever do anything wrong. The same fans are who defending Bale will go mental if Suarez does the same thing and gets a penalty on Sunday.

Contact does not equal a foul. There is nothing in FIFA's rules that says contact is a foul, it's are you fouled? Yes or no?

And the fact that he was nowhere the ball is irrelevant, Johnny Evans was nowhere near the ball when he gave Torres the slightest of nicks, Torres was rightly sent off for exaggerating the contact. If I push you in the box with my little finger, is that a foul? That is football not flower arranging.

He clearly dragged his leg against the Inter player, he's not the only one who does it, but we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and refuse to admit our players ever do anything wrong. The same fans are who defending Bale will go mental if Suarez does the same thing and gets a penalty on Sunday.

Jurgen, I'm not blindly defending Bale, as I've said, he has been guilty in the past, imo, if the ref had not given last night's penalty, I'd be ok, but I think a yellow was harsh.

Be careful that you are not doing the same thing re Bale, that no matter how he goes down, you assume it's a dive. What Bale did last night was very typical CR7 from his days at Manure, play for it, Saurez is a ridiculous comparison simply because he is a complete cheat by nature (not to mention a brick of a human being).

Back